PDA

View Full Version : Affirmative Action

85ytz250n
11-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Well all you Michiganites can rejoice. I hope they put it to a vote down here soon, I know what I am going to vote when it comes to it. Cant wait to see how the cockroaches scatter when they dont have this wall to hide behind. Heard all the drivel on the radio today about racism and all that. I for one want to know the guy I am working with are there because they can do the job just like I can, not because they need his racial diversity. "The voters have spoken, and they say no more."

Barry

Pete
11-08-2006, 09:58 PM
amen brother!

85ytz250n
11-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Just hope the SOB i put back in office here in MS has the nads to do the same way here. Man the backlash off of this is going to be huge, but the votes say it all.

Barry

LonesomeTriZ
11-09-2006, 09:41 AM
I am glad to hear it. I hope the rest of the country will fall in and do the same.

85ytz250n
11-10-2006, 09:47 PM
I do to, but more than likely it wont happen everywhere. Too many people hiding behind those laws.

Barry

LonesomeTriZ
11-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Common sense and logic is not a main stay of the masses.

85ytz250n
11-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Nope, not when that stuff gets in the way of a free ride.

Barry

502SS
11-12-2006, 01:53 PM
We aren't the first state to do so. Even so, there are already lawsuits, etc. being filed from people saying this is "unconstitutional" and everything else. It seems very ironic that people who say they want an equal world, are fighting so hard to make it just the opposite.

85ytz250n
11-12-2006, 10:04 PM
Not real suprising to me, lots of people are going to actually have to work hard to get a job. What other states have done this? I may have to move if Mississippi doesnt get on the band wagon.

Barry

502SS
11-13-2006, 09:07 AM
California was the first state I believe. Actually, aside from that, I don't know if any other states have done so.

gravelord
11-13-2006, 10:16 AM
@$%@ affirmative action!

2strokes4life
11-13-2006, 09:39 PM
affirmative action is discrimination against white people. plain and simple

LonesomeTriZ
11-14-2006, 06:02 AM
It really is that simple 2Strokes. I fail to see why it is so unclear to others.

85ytz250n
11-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Its unclear to others because we are trying so hard to be fair to one group and give them nothing to cry about that we are being unfair to another. Its always like that. You cant make everyone happy, but we arent smart enough to let the majority rule. We will hold back 15 people to let one person advance.

Barry

LonesomeTriZ
11-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Very true. That pretty much sums it up.

deathman53
11-15-2006, 07:07 PM
its very unfair to white people, in order to fire a minority, you need to go to great lengths in proving his/her wrong doings, give them alot of warnings, give them more warnings and fire them long after anybody would have been fired. And to boot, after they were fired, they go directly to a lawyer and sue you!!!!!!! Forget trying to get a job if you are white, minorities get curves on the tests, a major company is almost required to hire 50% minority, no matter on their abilitly and most of them are lazy and don't work well. So in the end, if you do get a job, you have about 50% lazy and un-firable minority co-workers to get along with. This doesn't stop at jobs also, minorities get preference in college grants and picks, along with most educatial institutions. If and when I start my own company, I will only hire mexicans(they work very hard for their money) and well brought-up, hard working white people.

85ytz250n
11-15-2006, 07:58 PM
On that note DeathMan, I remember a news story I heard while I was in Norfolk. The story was about how the Norfolk PD was descriminating against minorities by putting math on the applicants tests. I was like holy crap, you have got to be kidding me. And ofcourse the sorry SOB that was complaining was a minority. I dont think I want to give you a gun and the authority to use it if you cant add 2+2. The whole mess made me want to puke, especially when they changed the test for the ignorant POS.

Barry

ATC-Eric
11-15-2006, 08:20 PM
I agree about the hole scholarship crap. When I went to college a bit ago, I knew of a number of black students who recieved scholarships just for being black! ANybody out there know of any scholarships just for white people? If there was it would be called discrimination. Still theres plenty of groups that give them out to persons of color only.

deathman53
11-15-2006, 08:55 PM
afrimitive action was needed back in the 60's, 70's and part of the 80's. But now it ridiculas. My dad had several people that worked under him(black of course), two of them were college grads and one was in college. They constistly were late, took way over their lunch break and very stupid. He had to write a report about one of them to the personal deptment, he wrote that they always were late, had horrible grammer, late w/ lunches, called out alot and they didn't perform half as good his other people. All was the truth and very to the point. He brought home one of their college reports, I couldn't believe what I was reading(I was about 12 at the time), it was so bad, if he didn't tell me that a college student wrote it, I would have thought a 7 yr old did!!!!!!! The person threatened to sue about the bad personal report and he had a change it. Another similar story happened with the personal report on another person, he instructed her to take her time and type up a response to his report and send it to personal. A few days later they called him in and asked him "what in the #### is this chicken scratch that ms. _________ wrote". She was so dumb that she wrote it on a plain piece of paper, part in pen, some in pencil and it looked like she tried to correct some of it with a different color pen!!!!! Now take into consideration, THIS IS A COLLEGE GRADUATE OF NEW YORK UNIVERSITY. She also threatened to sue about his report, but her response was enough for personal to tell her to drop it, it was a losing battle, they have more than enough evidence in just her response.
I find that funny about the police deptment that had math questions on their tests and his dumb (politcally correct term) couldn't do simple math and they had the nerve to sue over it!!!!!!

Tri-ZNate
11-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Yep I agree with everyone, Affirmitive Action = Reverse Discrimination. In fact I turned in a paper about how ignorant the whole thing is in English class

deathman53
11-15-2006, 09:46 PM
I bet they loved you for that paper, people don't like things that contradict accepted ideas and/or correct politically correct things.

LonesomeTriZ
11-15-2006, 10:00 PM
The term "Reverse Discrimination" does nto exist. It is streight up discrimination period.

85ytz250n
11-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Its not discrimination to the ones that hide behind it Lonesome, to them it is a crutch, just another reason not to work. A reason that they can be different than the rest of us that have to work for a living. That is one thing that I hated about the Navy, I couldnt tell those POS just exactly what I thought about their sorry ass's. Its kinda funny but the Navy made me more racist in 5 years, than 19 years in South Mississippi did. I dont really consider myself as racist though, I just see things for the way they are and dont sugar coat a damn thing for any damn one.

Barry

LonesomeTriZ
11-16-2006, 07:06 AM
The point I was trying to make is we should see it for what it is. The term Reverse Discrimination was created by some one affrriad to openly call it like it is. Affirmative Action is discrimination. Think about it. By refering to it as Reverse Discrimination one can assume we must deserve it. I am not really sure how to get my point accross. Just know that there is no Reverse Discrimination, only discrimination. And by the way, I see the samething here in the Army. So I know where you are coming from.

Tri-ZNate
11-16-2006, 06:34 PM
The term Reverse Discrimination was created by some one affrriad to openly call it like it is. Affirmative Action is discrimination.

I see your point. Makes sense, I've always heard the "Reverse Discrimination" term in my classes

LonesomeTriZ
11-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Think about the "affirmative action" itself. What do those tow words together actually mean? Not a damn thing. Those words were put together to conceal the true meaning. I guess discriminatory action was too obvious.

atvnut
11-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Same deal where I work....They hired a bunch of people off the street in the 80s...Lotsa slackers and junkies...The whites were made responsible for their actions. therefore being fired and weeded out as the years have gone by....The blacks are bulletproof and cry prejudice when approached about doing their jobs.....Ive been forced to carry some individuals for my entire 30 year career. Im not a prejudice person, Im sick of carrying slackers. Im all for equality....BUT lets keep it equal!