PDA

View Full Version : ever work 27 hrs straight?

Dave223
11-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Im thinking at this point that its starting to suck to be me...
I slept 4.5 hrs last night, woke up at 4:30am this morning, drove to Foley Al. I got here at 9 and went straight away to work. I was informed at noon that I will be pulling the 11 to 7 shift. Im in my room and cannot fall asleep for anything. I really need to go downstairs and learn a few things about this hotel before I pull my shift. Im wondering if I will be awake come 7 am tomorrow? Dave

farmerc
11-10-2006, 05:48 PM
The longest shift that I've pulled is 31.75 hours straight. I do alot of 16 hour days where I work,so you get used to it after awhile:Bounce

Dave223
11-10-2006, 06:13 PM
ive pulled a few long ones before when I was a welder. As long as I was occupied I was ok. This is just boring and thats whats killer, its standing at a desk at a hotel during the most quiet shift. ugghhh...

SYKO
11-10-2006, 06:17 PM
dotn feal bad, when I owned my custom shop, I did a paint job that took me 25 hrs jsut to tape, then another 10 hrs to finish spraying, I did it non stop so I could have it done for a show only 3 days away, of course I was payed well to so that didnt hurt to bad, but I was sure beat when I got done, and the truck got best paint at the show!!

Eric250R
11-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I worked 38 hours straight, came home, slept 3 hours, then worked another 12..... whew, what a weekened that was. But I just lost my job tuesday so I guess I won't have to worry about that again.....lol.

85ytz250n
11-10-2006, 09:40 PM
When I was in the Navy that was almost a normal workday. SInce you are on a ship it doesnt really hurt that much. There were lots of days where I would go to work at 6 and then get off after dinner only to be called to do some repairs and end up working through the night and pull a full day of work the next day. There were times when I fell asleep while I was eating or even when I was taking readings on equipment. I am at a job now though where the work day ends at 4:30, and unless you want to pull OT then you roll out. Half day on Friday, leave after you get your check during lunch. I am trying to get ajob working offshore so the long days will be back very soon.

Barry

brapp
11-10-2006, 11:02 PM
last year when it snowed i worked almost 60 hours straight and ran a massive wheel loader intoa a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* loa dof curbs and then acrost the park and into a pond when i fell asleep lol

Dave223
11-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I am trying to get ajob working offshore so the long days will be back very soon.

Barry
Hey, head down to Houma, La. lots of work going on offshore from there.

well it ended up being 29 hours once I showered and ate something. Towards the end of my shift I was so exhausted that my vision was acting funny and I was shaking....I hit the sack at about 9 and just woke up at 1:30

InfamyKustomz
11-11-2006, 10:10 PM
i worked a lot of 30+ hour straight jobs snowplowing, and 2 doing custom paint jobs before big shows, one was just getting done drying at the show...lol....ive also pulled a few 28(approximately) hour days working on mud trucks so the weekend coming up i could play in the mud
but staying up past what your used to without being able to sleep with nothing to do is the worst

85ytz250n
11-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Hey, head down to Houma, La. lots of work going on offshore from there.

I am heading to a job interview for an offshore company called PrideOffshore, their home office is in Houma, LA. I just hope they hire me, my current job pays the bills and little else.

Barry

InfamyKustomz
11-12-2006, 02:36 AM
What are these offshore companys yall are speaking of? Just curious as of what they do. My friend has a underwater construction(welding, boat prop fixes etc..) but i don't believe this is what the ffshore thing you guys are talking about it, correct?

Dave223
11-12-2006, 03:09 AM
hey I know exactly where pride off shore is located. They either have a large crew or somewhat of a high turnover rate, Im not sure though so watch yourself.

Hey when we mention offshore, its oilfield related offshore. Things like rebuilding platforms, welding, construction, things of that nature. Ever watch "Oil,Sweat and Rigs" on TLC or Discovery?

firefirefire90
11-12-2006, 03:39 AM
longest I ever worked in a Day was a good 20hr of ranch work. We had to put up a good 50 acre's of fence repairs, find like a billion misplaced goats/sheep/horses...why they run off I don't know. Clean a HUGE cow stall(fit about 2-300 cattle), replace all water buckets, filll the feeders, stack the hay bailes, and also had to groom a bison. What made me work for the entire time, was we had this inspector dude coming in. SO gay....I never found out what the inspection was for to..guess for health of the animals

InfamyKustomz
11-12-2006, 05:54 AM
hey I know exactly where pride off shore is located. They either have a large crew or somewhat of a high turnover rate, Im not sure though so watch yourself.

Hey when we mention offshore, its oilfield related offshore. Things like rebuilding platforms, welding, construction, things of that nature. Ever watch "Oil,Sweat and Rigs" on TLC or Discovery?

ohh, i never saw the show as i rarely watch TV, but i know what your talkin about.....looks like some hard work from what ive seen, but definately something id do/be interested in doing if i ever moved around somewhere that had it as an option....i dunno its just something that ive always been interested in since i saw it...i dunno, its wierd, id rather bust my ass and make half the pay than sit in an office makin twice as much.... :crazy: plus id rather look back on something and see that ive completed something constructive....not paperwork or something thats supposedly real important but can fit in a folder or brief case
:beer to you offshore guys

85ytz250n
11-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Well you do the ballbusting hard work and I will sit at a computer and make your pay along with mine. I have done nothing but hard labor and let me tell you its over rated. I just want to get payed so that i can get ahouse and start a family. Pride is just going to be my door opener, just to get some work experience and then Im going to try TransOcean or Global Santafe. They just merged with someone and are now the third largest Offshore Company in the world.

Barry

mapyang
11-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Hey guys I do shifts like that every week. I start 8:30am monday and get done Tue 5:00pm. The most hours I ever worked is 34 hours straight no sleep. I am a Funeral directer ( trade embalmer) the company I work for takes care of 5,000 cases a year.:crazy:
Drew

ATC crazy
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
The longest I have worked is 13 hours straight. No, it might not seem long to you, but I work part-time and have to mix in a full-time school schedule.

I woke up at 7AM for class, had 4 classes, and the last one ended at 3pm. Went to work at 6PM (2nd-shift) and didnt get off until 7AM. I met my parents in the driveway when they were just leaving for work.

250Roger
11-13-2006, 06:21 PM
72 hours straight, and then some.
- hacking out 18 trojan/worms viruses from registry, system files, repaired corrupted system files, restoring system back to the way it was running (the way I want it to work at least).

- I am the type that dwells on problems/issues pertaining to my pc until it is resolved. I cant go do anything and leave my pc anything less than 100% working order.

As you can tell, I'm a pc junkie.

mywifeknowseverything
11-19-2006, 09:06 AM
:naughty: I put in my 8 and Go home..Even during that 8 it is Questionable if I work or not:lol: ..... But,,,,Thats the Public/County/State/Gov. Job for ya:naughty:

GOT PERS??