PDA

View Full Version : My Banshee Needs Help..!

dirtbike77
11-11-2006, 07:18 PM
ok the bike is bored out .80 over, with t-5 pipes and silencers, stock carbs and reeds. the bike runs pretty good on wide open throttle, bogs a lil bit at the begining and clears out....

the prblem im having is that the bike wont idle at times..... even if i adjust the adjustments, itll run for a minute ot two and shut off... when i fire it up it kinda bogs down a bit and clears out.....

and even if i do adjust the screws \, when i ride and come back the bike idles high!

i clean the cars twice and checked the float hieght......

and help will be greatly appreciated

TRI-Zbrian
11-11-2006, 10:16 PM
do a compression check on both cylinders.... take a look and see if you have a cracked reed.... start there and see what you come up with.... other then that check stupid stuf like the air filter....

Infinity Cycle Supply LLC.
11-12-2006, 01:47 AM
do a compression check on both cylinders.... take a look and see if you have a cracked reed.... start there and see what you come up with.... other then that check stupid stuf like the air filter....

I am betting you need new rings

4cylinders
11-12-2006, 06:29 PM
hey, sounds like a bad carb inlet needle, or maybe some water/ dirt in fuel.

brapp
11-12-2006, 08:13 PM
it sounds likt a reed is stickign open or cracked and lettign too much fuel load up in the cylender. pull them out and check them if they look fine pull them and flip them over and se eif it clears up at all.

Yamahondaman
11-13-2006, 08:02 PM
"They" Say that the ( FAST ) Bikes won't idle !!!

200x newby
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
same problem on my blaster had it bored over. you need bigger main jets and i would recomend getting some boysen power reeds