PDA

View Full Version : WARN winch parts recalled

MIK6
11-14-2006, 11:31 PM
I went to the local Kawi dealer because I burned out what I would call the winch solenoid. When I was at the dealer he mentioned a recall on the Warn contactors (same part I need). The recall is labeled as a "POTENTIAL FIRE HAZARD".
This part is a rectangle shaped plastic part. It is called a 8 post contactor. It uses 4 posts on the top of the contactor but looks like it has 8 (uses 4 almost in a W pattern). This was used on alot of their 2500 - 3500 lb winches. I know Kawi uses this style, I also know that ArticCat used this type. I talked to a Yami dealer and they are aware of this as well.
The recall applies to winches sold between May 01 and Sept 05. The sheet I have has 71 part #s listed. I called the 1-800# and it was EASY, they wanted my make, VIN and my purchase date. They said it would be about 3 days till I get the new part in the mail.
Check the Warn site www.warn.com for more info. If you think you have this contactor you can also try 1-866-408-3767 between 7 and 4 PST.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

ClayW
11-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah I saw that they other day MIK6. Luckily mine is only 4 months old.

kcop
11-29-2006, 10:19 PM
I blew two of those piece of crap contactors. Finally designed my own using 4 12v solenoids. needed 1 for pos staiight polarity, one for neg straight polarity, one for pos reverse polarity and one for neg reverse polarity. cased it in plexiglass with studs for wiring

MIK6
11-29-2006, 11:59 PM
kcop... Call that # I posted. I got mine in 4 days no questions asked and I didn't have to send it back or anything. When your on w/ them I'd tell them you already spent some cash and see what they will be willing to do for you.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

kcop
11-30-2006, 08:10 PM
the one I built works flawlessly, the only problem I have is the brake on the winch is getting pretty weak from using it for my plow