PDA

View Full Version : Where did all the respect go...

weed
11-17-2006, 10:30 AM
I went to see the Deftones in concert last night, 5th time to see them so i know what to expect. I must be getting to old to stand on the floor anymore, because these little sh!tz just have no respect anymore!!! I or (we) didn't act like that when we were first attending concerts. young punks act like its "their" concert so get out of their way. Pushing and shoving their way to the front, did i hear a "excuse me" oops sorry man. NOTHING!! Next concert it go to i wont be standing on the floor, i'll just have to get over on the side so i dont get physical again with these no respecting fools.

sorry fella's just venting. deftones were great!!! btw

ATC-Eric
11-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Far as I can remember kids have been jerks at shows like that, but I've only been going to concerts for 8 years. Maybe its that new of a thing.

How old are you weed?

weed
11-17-2006, 10:57 AM
25 next month

ScottZJ
11-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah I went to an old school hair band concert, Poison and Cinderella. It was a pretty good concert too and I thought it was cool seeing all these young kids there too.....thinking man these guys were playing way before they were born. But as you said, they were rude, crude and just not nice. A few times, I just thought about giving a few some help down the stairs.....if you know what I mean hehe:mad: :naughty: . I guess its true we are getting old.

ClayW
11-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah. Some of these young kids dont give a shiat about anything. The will do anything also. Its really gotten crazy. Scary thing is they are going to get older one day. Physically at least. Mentally? NOT.:crazy:

When they grown up (30s-40s) they will be like we were in our 20s.:crazy:

LOl

Dammit!
11-17-2006, 02:10 PM
That's the way it's always been. Your perspective just changes when you're no longer one of them. :lol:

weed
11-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Well like i said i was already preterbed, and were standing there rockin out and three guys "holding hands" so they dont lose one another. Start pushing and shoving there way through the crowd. Well you guessed it. the lead guy gives me a stiff shoulder and knocks me sideways, "eww im pissed now" so as i turn to look at him the last guy holding hands gives me this look and pushes me , i shoved his arse back and he made his mistake , swung and hit me in my lower neck. OH buddy it was on, i chased him for about 10 ft till we got into the middle of a dead mosh pit and as soon as he turned around "whack" i dropped his arse and his buddies had to pick him up, LOL, i dont think the guy knew where he was. Hopefully that would teach that punk for his next concert. Im in no means there to pick a fight, but i'll be if some motherhumper is gonna pull that shrit on me again!!!

ATC-Eric
11-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Good job Weed, I'm sure he went there with that goal in mind anyways.

Im only 22, but I matured up real fast. I cant stand lots of comotion or load noises anymore, I'm a pretty calm guy until you start yelling around me. To much anxiety I guess.......

My second show ever was, I think I was 14, it was Defetones on their House of Furr tour. THat show rocked. I feel so old when I'm around 16 year olds wearing my 1998 tour shirt.

ATCGENIUS
11-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Weed, you are very correct. I just took my wife to DOG JAM in october to see Staind, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Hinder, and Black Stone Cherry. The young bastards were bouncing all over the place and getting in front us watching the concert. They had lawn seats and wanted front row with us, I hate little bastards that think they rule the world. Anyway, they stayed out of the way after I had a chat with them. Bad ass concert, DOG JAM is always great, except for hurricane Rita(the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*) in 05, DOG JAM canceled.

weed
11-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Weed, you are very correct. I just took my wife to DOG JAM in october to see Staind, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Hinder, and Black Stone Cherry. The young bastards were bouncing all over the place and getting in front us watching the concert. They had lawn seats and wanted front row with us, I hate little bastards that think they rule the world. Anyway, they stayed out of the way after I had a chat with them. Bad ass concert, DOG JAM is always great, except for hurricane Rita(the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*) in 05, DOG JAM canceled.

we were at dog jam. Where abouts do you live??

atctim
11-17-2006, 04:41 PM
The question of this thread is "where did all the respect go?"

Here is where the respect went - it done left about 25 years ago

It left when mommys and daddys left daycare raise their kids
It left when mommys and daddys stopped spanking their kids
It left when kids stopped getting punished when they did wrong
It left when mommy and daddy got too busy to teach their kids any different

I'll tell you my friends - the future looks not so good with this next generation and their lack of respect and lack of responsibility.

weed
11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
your exactly right atctim!!!!!!!!!

kids dont get their arse whipped, punished, or nothing anymore. I mean where are the consequences. hey tuff freakin cookie. Whip the shirt out of your dayum kids. have you people ever heard of "HARD LOVE". Its the parents fault. Are you parents a bunch of sissy's? Thats not how you were raised, so why do it any different for your kids. Did your parents to a bad job of raising you? "no " you say, i do bet you got your arse whipped

to everyone that is older, MY GENERATION IS ******STOP TYPING AROUND THE WORD FILTERS!!!!!!!***** hell the dayum girls my age dont even know how to boil freakin water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"A stove, is that the thing my mommy cooks on"..................

ATC-Eric
11-17-2006, 06:33 PM
I agree with tough love. I got the crap whooped out of me, and I think I turned out just fine in terms of showing respect. The day comes when I have children of my own, time outs wont exist in my house.

I lived with my divorced mother, bassically being disciplined and raised by my grandparents that lived across the way. I got old school beatings! Couldnt be happier hiensight.

weed
11-17-2006, 06:37 PM
I agree with tough love. I got the crap whooped out of me, and I think I turned out just fine in terms of showing respect. The day comes when I have children of my own, time outs wont exist in my house.

I lived with my divorced mother, bassically being disciplined and raised by my grandparents that lived across the way. I got old school beatings! Couldnt be happier hiensight.

you said it exactly, i got my arse whooped and will do so to my kids if/when i have them. i thank my parents for doing so.

hey how bout getting me on of those sticker you got on your tank.....

Eric250R
11-17-2006, 06:48 PM
The wife and I went to see Staind, 3 days grace, Crossfade, and soil, about 2 months ago and we sat in the stands. Getting too old to hit the floor anymore....lol. I"m 31 now. Going to see Godsmack and Breaking Benjamin next month and have seats right beside the stage so I guess I"ll get to see how the kids act up close. As far as the parents and not making thier kids respect them goes... I will make sure my kids know what discipline is.

erectordale
11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
I totally agree (spare the rod spoil the child) as we have all heard. The only problem that now arises it these stupid law makers have passed laws that you are not allowed too spank your kids. I think most of the kids now days could use a good dose off old school discipline!!!!

weed
11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
amen brother, should be a good concert

have you heard staind's acoustic version of "Sober" by tool.....awesome

Eric250R
11-17-2006, 07:09 PM
No, but they did an acoustical version of Comfortably numb by Pink FLoyd when we saw them.....it was pretty bad azz.

ATC-Eric
11-17-2006, 07:54 PM
you said it exactly, i got my arse whooped and will do so to my kids if/when i have them. i thank my parents for doing so.

hey how bout getting me on of those sticker you got on your tank.....

Man......I think I got that off ebay like three years ago. Couldnt even tell you where to get one now. I loved that sticker. If I could find more, I would put one on my new rides too!

bassman
11-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Yea I agree...

The last concert I was at, me and my friends had been waiting on the floor for about 4 hours to get close to see them. Slowly get near the stage, and we were content where we were. We were PACKED in there. Then within about 5 minutes of them coming on , some tall goofy kid and 2 others were squeezing through to get to the front. They tried to get by me(to stand in front of me)....he was a good 2" taller than me, and he had poofy hair, I didn't let him pass. You couldn't really hear each other from all the noise, but he used some force to try and get by. That wasn't happening. I got moved a little by him(it was like a forearm push), but I rebounded and shoved him back, and started yelling at him(ofcourse, he couldn't here). So he put up his hand like he didxn't want any trouble, and started squeezing through another direction. Later a guy thanked me, because he came to see the band, not the back of his head LOL.
The band was Kamelot, btw.

nate b
11-17-2006, 08:19 PM
you wouldnt have wanted to come across me at a concert 10 years ago. talk about no respect. as far as I was concerned it was MY show. those were the good ol days before the old lady and kids shut me down

xd 200x
11-17-2006, 08:25 PM
I still get respect for some reason size could be the reason for this. My girl loves show yada yada. Half of these damm band I have never heard of. anyway it looks like hot topic exploded at these damm shows. I guess im over protective and she always wants to stand on the floor always in the middle of what people decide is the mosh pit . Went to kmfdm in detroit about a month ago. Some shmuck came within 3 inches of hitting me when he decided to look up then he just stoped. Jen said she saw it. i had no idea what happened, but next thing i know mosh pit moved about 10 feet to the left of the stage and all the "old " people were next to us this was the end of said mosh pit.
anyway here is the old guys survuval guide to shows.
1. tip the bar tender ( you will never wait in line at the bar again + free shots
2. Use the trash cans ( security will love you because they have to clean the damm place)
3. wear a white shirt (cause all the kidies are wearing black u stand out bar tenders remember)
4. If you happen to get bumped into dont start beating someones ass, grab them by their shoulder and look then in the eye. Then they will be very sure not to "bump into you again"
5. when some kid grabs our girlfriends ass then by all means lay into them.
( did you remeber to use the trash cans? guess whos side the bouncers are on?)
6. If you make freinds with the door guy there will always be a parking place right infront of the door and you will not have to wait in line.
7. when you are at the bar and some little hore dressed like a striper starts talking just walk away 15 will get you 30

getting old is fun just remember you kinda have to command respect not demand it

ATCGENIUS
11-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Weed, Staind new CD is a complete cover of different bands. Staind covered Alice in Chains, Tool, etc. awesome CD and I see you live in Jefferson county, I live in Orange county TX, we are basically neighbors. 06 DOG JAM was the best yet and when Staind played the tribute to Dimebag Darrel, the house erupted, but the surprise of the show was Black Stone Cherry, they kicked ass. XD200X, KMFDM rocks! I got almost every CD they have made, but I heard they split up a couple of years back. I am glad to hear they are together and still touring, I bet it was a hell of a concert too.

weed
11-18-2006, 08:52 AM
ima have to get that one

xd 200x
11-18-2006, 10:40 AM
atc genius , kmfdm isnt broken up the short of it is that raymond started pig and is working on that and gunther went with raymond. My girlfriend knows all these people so. pig toured during the summer and i think they are comming back next year. but a cool as hell concert ould be kmfdm and pig. but yea it was a cool concert

ATCGENIUS
11-18-2006, 10:51 AM
XD200X, thanks for the info. I just don't have enough time to keep up with the bands like I used to, wife, kids etc. I will be watching for KMFDM, and hope to catch a concert in 07. Weed are you in Beaumont?

weed
11-18-2006, 11:06 AM
XD200X, thanks for the info. I just don't have enough time to keep up with the bands like I used to, wife, kids etc. I will be watching for KMFDM, and hope to catch a concert in 07. Weed are you in Beaumont?

in groves, i just saw that you are a member of wwwhonda350x.com also!!!

ATCGENIUS
11-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Yes I am, I work in Port Neches and live in Orange. I saw that you were on Honda350x.com too, where all are you riding?

weed
11-18-2006, 12:29 PM
have to get off of work to ride,,,hahha

really just riding up at the lake when we all go. nowhere really around here, nothing in particular