PDA

View Full Version : Alarm clock...........

weed
11-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Ok, so my girlfriend thinks im crazy and i need ya'll help.

I asked her if she ever ran into this situation before and she said "NO"

Ok, here's my deal. MY ALARM CLOCK. When it goes off at 4:15 a.m. and i hit the snooze about 3 or 4 times, after i start to snooze off, i think my clock is playing tricks on me. For some odd reason i think it turnes itself off, or its not going to alarm again after the 10 minutes, or it changes the time , and im going to end up not waking up on time. Am i the only one that encounters this every now and then. I know that theres nothing wrong with the clock, its just me dreaming. I asked her the same thing and she told me that i was flippin crazy! help guys, do ya'll have the same problem:Bounce

traxxasx
11-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Well see when you go and "hit" the snooze button somtimes you might turn it off or change the time or one of the sort, i know when i go to hit mine i dont even look i just feel for it wack it and go to sleep.

ATC crazy
11-19-2006, 07:56 PM
I dont even know where the snooze button is on mine. I just hit the cancel button and get up. Although I have gotten out of the shower and heard it going off again...

3 weelin geezer
11-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Mine was a real weird one too. If I so much as got my finger ever so lightly on the snooze bar, the display would go wacky. Some of the segments would light up, some turn off and some kinda wanted to turn on. What time is: al:85 ? You know what? I don't even remember what I did with that thing. I now have one that does not have a snooze button but it wakes me up. Its one of those windup tic-tocs with the loud bells that if I start seeing things like on the last one, its time to go see the eye doctor or figger out what the hell they put in my beer the night before. Get one of these and you won't have to worry about being late for work or that 'snooze' cuz it will wake you up the first time! :)

theonlyjosh
11-19-2006, 09:58 PM
lol i am right with you! I here the alarm at 6:30am and i hit snooze, and snooze again and again and so on... finally i get up. I think my clock seems to do it at different times everytime i hit snooze, not 10 mins each time. whatever, i have yet to show up late to school :D

ClayW
11-19-2006, 10:03 PM
UMMMMMM......:crazy: Well...........:crazy: UMMMMMMM......:crazy:

Never mind:lol:

85hondaatc125m
11-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Maybe your alarm clock's snooze sint every 10 minutes, mine is only 9 minutes, If I hit snooze at 7:15, it will go off again right at 7:24.

ClayW
11-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I have an idea!!!!:idea: Get up when it goes off. Or set it for later and get it when it goes off them. :crazy: ;)

traxxasx
11-19-2006, 10:15 PM
The snooze is like a slow process of getting up and not being tired when you get up. ALso when you hit the snooze it seems like you just slept for an hour so when you get up i feel more upidty. ALso i hate those loud bell clocks. My freind was staying at my house had one that thing would go off at 6 in the am and wake me everytime. One day it went off and i got up took it smashed it into the wall. It stopped ringing. SO i gave him my old electric one.

hondahaulic
11-20-2006, 01:11 AM
i know EXACTLY what you mean about thinking your alarm clock is screwing with you! it happens to me all the time... i guess im not the only one!

oh and my alarm clock wasnt loud enough either.... so i took an A/V wire (like for a vcr or sumthin) and stripped one end of it and soldered it to the terminals on the tiny alarm clock speaker. then i plugged the other end of the A/V wire into the input on my stereo. since i dont listen to music all that often with my stereo, i just always leave it set to input so whenever my alarm clock goes off, it sends a signal to my stereo too and the "beep" comes out of the speakers for my stereo. it is VERY loud and you can hear it throughout the entire house when the stereo volume is only about half up. its very effective lol

traxxasx
11-20-2006, 01:39 AM
i know EXACTLY what you mean about thinking your alarm clock is screwing with you! it happens to me all the time... i guess im not the only one!

oh and my alarm clock wasnt loud enough either.... so i took an A/V wire (like for a vcr or sumthin) and stripped one end of it and soldered it to the terminals on the tiny alarm clock speaker. then i plugged the other end of the A/V wire into the input on my stereo. since i dont listen to music all that often with my stereo, i just always leave it set to input so whenever my alarm clock goes off, it sends a signal to my stereo too and the "beep" comes out of the speakers for my stereo. it is VERY loud and you can hear it throughout the entire house when the stereo volume is only about half up. its very effective lol

Haaha im ganna do that to my brother with my 400watt reciver and my 2 12 kenwood house subs yea!!!!!!

gravelord
11-21-2006, 11:40 PM
i had a real cheap alarm clock, before this real cheap one... for some reason id hit the sleep button, go back to sleep, hit it again, then it seems like if i hit it a 3rd time, it just wouldnt go off!!! then id wind up waking up like a hour late for work, this happened once or twice, and i went and got another one. i thought i had just gotten a defective one or something needless to say i didnt buy the same one again. get another alarm clock man, youll thank me. another secret is set your alarm clock 15 minutes fast, itll save you time in the morning, well - itll FEEL like it saved you time. it helped me out at least. id say oh *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* it says 5 of 7, i better get going ( i gatta get to work at 7 hehe.. but i wont really know how close to the right time it is) ya know what i mean.

Yamahauler
11-21-2006, 11:54 PM
WHen I used to be in school i could sleep through a bomb blast. I used to set my 300w stereo to come on at full blast...the first 2 or 3 times it went off it scared the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* out of me...then i got used to it and could sleep through it for about 1/2 hour...now I can wake up to a normal alarm I have it set 10 mins ahead..that really helps.

firehart
11-22-2006, 12:24 AM
If you go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time everyday your body will wake itself up, providing you get around seven hours of sleep each night.

DeePa
11-22-2006, 02:21 AM
biological clock

My alarm made me miss class monday morning.

I was very happy with it.

Mike

Dirtcrasher
11-24-2006, 01:34 PM
I think most snoozes are preset at 9 minutes. I have a SPARTUS alarm clock and I love the little sukka. It was 9.99$ and has the perfect beep, not too loud but loud enough to get me to hit the snooze 3 times which I do every single work morning. Some clocks have the most obnoxious and loud beep that makes me want to smash them. I had one that would get progressively louder if you ignored it, I HATED THAT CLOCK!!!!!

I actually set mine for a half hour earlier than when I MUST be up by and it works for me. I have sometimes accidently hit the off button or advanced the time when trying to snooze it, depends how tired you are...

TrikeKid
11-24-2006, 03:38 PM
I have some random one from K-mart, it doesn't have a normal beep to it, I haven't heard another one sound like it, it's really obnoxious and loud. In the first week or so of summer if I hear a beep that starts to sound like it, I flinch. The thing that worked for getting me out of bed was setting it up accross the room, so I have to leave my nice comfy bed to shut it up.

slothminx
11-24-2006, 04:34 PM
I regularly have dreams that have odd bleeping noises in them since ive had to start getting up earlier for school......... seems most times the dream doesnt end at the beep haha.

I have to be woken up by being shaken, ive got use to alarm clocks