PDA

View Full Version : Problems with car sterio

Tri-ZNate
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
alright this is the damnedest thing. Only one set of wires which goes to my speakers puts out 6v, the others put out 2.6, 2.7, and .3v. Now the only speaker with the 6v going to it will static when you first hook it up, and this will happen with all the others as well when i hook that wire to them.

Now the reciever plays cds and such but no sound will come out, no matter what setting its on and with no fading on. I think the deck is F***ed but I'm curious to hear what you guys have to offer.

Also the deck is a Dual XD6320 found here http://www.dualav.com/receivers/xd6320.html

Bryan Raffa
11-19-2006, 07:00 PM
sounds like the internal amp is fryed!

SYKO
11-19-2006, 07:02 PM
deck is out man, I got a few clarions on a shelf that that has happend to

traxxasx
11-19-2006, 07:47 PM
There always another route to go, you still might have HIgh outputs, or if you dont have a woofer you can go buy a small amp say 200watts peak. Then use the rca jacks for the output to the amp, and the amp to your tweeters. Or just go buy another deck.

Tri-ZNate
11-19-2006, 08:25 PM
ok I figured it was fried. Time for my christmas list :D, thanks guys

3 weelin geezer
11-19-2006, 08:57 PM
How did that happen? Is this the one that was in there to begin with or did you get a new one and monkeyed it up? Are you trying to put new speakers in ? Why does it static? That means its getting what its supposed to but there is no music signal getting to the amp. What kind of radio are you looking at? All the new ones they sell near here all have some stupid little screen for watching I don't know what. Its just a new little sign that pretty much flashes to thieves: BUST MY WINDOWS OUT TO STEAL THIS WORTHLESS RADIO!!!

kb200x
11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
alright this is the damnedest thing. Only one set of wires which goes to my speakers puts out 6v, the others put out 2.6, 2.7, and .3v. Now the only speaker with the 6v going to it will static when you first hook it up, and this will happen with all the others as well when i hook that wire to them.

Now the reciever plays cds and such but no sound will come out, no matter what setting its on and with no fading on. I think the deck is F***ed but I'm curious to hear what you guys have to offer.

Also the deck is a Dual XD6320 found here http://www.dualav.com/receivers/xd6320.html

are you sure you have all the power wires hooked up correctly? I have ran into this before and I had power but no sound it ended up being a power wire was not hooked up. Look for a wire for Illumination it seems like thats what the problem was. You may have power wires for battery + , ignition and Illumination.
all of them need juice. what color is the wire you are talking about? .3 volts is probably a remote turn on wire for like an amp or power antena?

Pm me with all the wire info and what you have wired to what and I can probably help you
:beer

New2ATC
11-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Did you put the radio in yourself? If so did you use a wiring clip with it or are you hard wiring it into the harness? If you bought a clip ist pretty much color coordinated (atleast for all the ones Ive done).. It sounds like either you crossed your wiring a little or it shorted out causing the deck to fry..

Tri-ZNate
11-20-2006, 07:13 PM
The .3 volts is the actual juice going through the one set of speaker wires out of the reciever. The remote turn on is a single blue wire these are green

Stock speakers, all power wires hooked up correctly. Hard wiring to the harness, the speakers are separated and distinguished easily.

KB200x, I'm hopefully borrowing a deck from a buddy to see if it works, if so I'll be buying that one for around $50.

Also the deck is about 1 year old now. I had it working just fine last summer, stored it when i got my truck and brought it out in Nov. Hiooked the wires back up and now it wont play music

troy
11-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I'v install amps, subs, EQs, crossovers, any thing stereo wise into cars before, also I'm a deejay/sound/lighting man, But this one has my mind gone. Theres only two thing that can be wrong here. The internal Amp either the SCR'S which is the heart and soul of the amp is shot, or the amps main capacitors that drive the SCR's are gone. The other thing that could of gone wrong here is hooked up wrong.

The thing here is, if the deck is working spining the cd and lighting up, you could use a external amp. BUT and theres a BUT here, whats to say that 2 days 2 weeks down the road the deck doesn't catch fire because some thing internaly is gone and shorting out.

your best bet, make a x-mas list, save your self the problems later:)