PDA

View Full Version : help me with this project please (new pics)

86tri-z270
11-19-2006, 11:28 PM
i know some of you... (most likely a rare few) like mini trucks and whatnot... so im wondering... i just bought a 1990 ranger for 100 bucks... and im wondering what i should do with it... and i have no idea so im basically gonna let people tell me what to do... and them im gonna do it (if its in reasonable reach)... so i need ideas... paint schemes... rims... interior... whatnot...

ATC-Eric
11-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Is one of those your truck?

traxxasx
11-20-2006, 02:37 AM
Is one of those your truck?

I dont think so, im thinking he posting those for people to get the picture os what he's saying.

xd 200x
11-20-2006, 07:55 PM
honestly its a 100.00 truck drive it untill it dies and then through it in the gutter and go buy another. It may not seem like it now but you will never get out of it the money you put in it.

SYKO
11-20-2006, 10:16 PM
heres a few pics of trucks I have done for customers, if you check out the lincs at the bottom of my profile you can see a few more

the I-beam front suspension makes a ranger cost more to lower as you have to get lowered I-beams, but if you bag it and at least use a 2600 sereis bag in the front you can get enought lift so you can have even camber to drive with, also you will have to flip the springs in the rear (flip kit to lower rear) becouse on a ranger the leafs are on top of the axle and they need to be below to make it lower, also if you go all out and do like a body drop, rangers look the sickest as they have a low wheel house hight so when its laid out you only see about 6 inches of the rim and the rest is tucking hard, also depending on how you want to use the truck, you may not want air bags or jsut soem air shocks in the rear.

and remember theres no ride like LOWRIDE:w00t:

86tri-z270
11-21-2006, 12:00 AM
for the one who asked and the one who said no... the red picture is before the guy who had it before me bought it... the second picture is after he sanded it primes it and spray painted it lol... and rimmed it... and cut 2 inches off the coil overs its both the same truck believe it or not... tommorow im going to attempt to get better pictures of it... but as of right now... ideas

and syco... ive been allllll around your website man... you do some KICK ass work... i like that tahoe or whatever it is... i also like the black oldschool stepside...

ATC-Eric
11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
wow, so you bought the black truck for a bill? did pretty good from the looks of it. hows it run? how many miles?

daputz
11-21-2006, 12:08 AM
either drive the wheels off it or toss a v8 in it:w00t:

check out the http://www.therangerstation.com/ all kinds of idea's

86tri-z270
11-21-2006, 12:11 AM
about to roll over.... 97.5 ... ... runs amazing... ive never seen something run so good honestly... heres the deal and story of the 100 dollar ranger.... my friend bought it (while red) from his dad which was 1000... then the boy had some work done to it from his friend (shaving body work... blah blah) then the money he owed the guy never got payed off so the guy repoed it... and then the dude (which hapens to be my best friend) sold it to me for a bill 4 my bday

ATC-Eric
11-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Wow, happy bday!

SYKO
11-21-2006, 12:13 AM
sweet deal homie

86tri-z270
11-21-2006, 12:20 AM
daputz man... appreciated web site... but im trying to drag this thing not jack it...

oldsking86
11-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Hell for a bill you better look into a nice 5.0 motor with a supercharger and call it a day bro

86tri-z270
11-21-2006, 12:29 AM
yea... thought about it... but me being raised a chevy boy... and my dad HATING fords... and hes been poking around the house lately... i think im gonna make him smile a little and throw my 350 crate in there.... build ford tuff with chevy stuff.... its pretty funny tho... because my dad used to have a flag that said if you have a ford dont park here... and now i got one lol

oldsking86
11-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Haha even better I'm a GM car all the way.. Definetlly slap a chevy in it and call it a day! I hate them fords, the 5.0's where for breakfast usually lol Good luck with it, but one more idea, power adder, and if you ask, procharger :beer

86tri-z270
11-21-2006, 07:25 PM
here are some pics of tonite progress.... i didnt do any body work except remove the ranger front end and the rear bumper.... but interior... i fixed the one kids mistakes of reopolstery (dont hold me to spelling) i put the 7 inch in... and what u cant see in the pics is the 6 disc changer and the dvd player... anyway... tommorow im going to shave the mirrors / tailgate/ tailights/ and order my roll pan and front body kit... (oh yea im going from a ford ranger front end to a full sized ford front end) and then work from there

Rod
11-22-2006, 12:56 AM
I love mini trucks. I have had at least 1/2 dozen in my life, lots of friend from my club had fetures in truckin & mini truckin. I think you have a awsome start, especially for $100!! Keep it up & show the progress as you go.

bassman
11-22-2006, 10:21 AM
I'd leave it the hell alone, and use it as a beater. If that is your truck in the 1st pic, I'd go ahead, and drop my greenbacks in that S13 hatch in the background.

Erics350x
11-23-2006, 11:05 AM
you wanna sell any of the frontend parts? i just got one with a busted up front clip.

86tri-z270
11-23-2006, 11:34 PM
cant man sorry

weed
11-24-2006, 05:29 AM
my opinion is to leave it alone

the money you tie into this $100 dollar truck, is still a 100 buck truck. All the money and time i have put in my vehicles over the years never payed off or payed me back.

save your money brother. put it into a savings account.

JFYI.. i got more and better Pu$$ie when i drove a 100 dollar truck with no a/c and no reverse. Chicks dont care about what you drive. personality. spend your time and a little money on them and you'll be in the split ..... LOL

:beer

cody2
11-28-2006, 03:50 PM
id just add some leather seats,leather wraped steering wheel,low profile tires,new grill(Chrome),bumper(chrome),rear bumper,lights(prob black),put some red on there get some detail work and the tinted rear window.

jason 32
11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
a cowl inducted hood, with a marbleized stipe down the center-
a phantom grill, a roll pan rear bumper, custom steering wheel
tint
some carbon fiber stick on stuff for the dash instrument cluster
some kind of (phantom) tail lights,
kick panels for the door speekers- 4 inch -
some neon inside the cab-
a dressed up chevy motor - if you swap it- im sure you can find all kinds of stuff on ebay for it
a posi track rear end-
some custome apolstery- not crappy covers-lol
a duel exhaust with some flowmasters 3 inch
hedders
shaved door handles,and tailgate handle
a nice sound system- not all base crapp!!!
power windos ,
a good alarm with remote start/window options
a good tonu cover:D :Bounce

84honda200s
11-28-2006, 06:47 PM
hey man drop a 427 in that bizo. my buddies brother put a 454 in his little chevy s-10 then his chevy maza drag car. it was a good engine. had a blower, bored out (forgot how much) and he was putting nos in the last i herd. it was a crazy crazy car. ive never seen a car do a wheelie like that car did.

86tri-z270
11-28-2006, 11:50 PM
heres what i got coming for it.... a corvette light style roll pan... a new chrome after market grill and black out headlights a roll of limo tint... just to touch up whats already done.. new carpet kit and that vinlye paint stuff... the rattle can crap... anyway... getting a SICK pic airbrushed onto the hood in black red and white... getting red pin striping down the sides... paintin some red onto the rims... droppin it another 4 inches... (tuckin rims) ... then what i have an idea for in the long run would to make it a walk through... weld a cap on it... cut out the back wall... you know classic lowrider junk... anyway... let me know what you guys think of the ideas

MTS
11-29-2006, 12:16 AM
heh, 100$ ranger, drive it over a cliff, i hate mine.

jason 32
11-29-2006, 08:40 PM
i know a guy that had the walk through it was cold ,and leaked now and then from moveing was neat though he had 4- 15's in it in a v shape

SYKO
11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
bring it down here let me bagg it and body drop it, then you'll be tuckin nuts!

longbedGTs
11-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Id find an Explorer 'Limited' and get the front bumper cover.
Go to www.rangerpowersports.com and look around there. Its really geared towards lowered trucks.