PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Jersey Art Work Wow !!!!!!

erectordale
11-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Look what I found on e-bay Trust me the sky's the limit on this 1 :w00t: :w00t:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300051483160

XTrumpX
11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Damn, I just posted the same thing...LOL
Took mine down.

erectordale
11-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I know what I'm willing too pay can't wait too see where this goes $$$$$

chris200x
11-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I can just imagine where this is headed....

Derrick Adams
11-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Not to discredit anyone, or insult anyone BUT IMO I see this whole Peter Wood thing as just another way for a guy to make a buck. OK so the guy made a couple 3 wheelers 20 years ago. They were fast and unique. The business didn't make it and now he shows up on ebay signing drawings of old jerseys. Who is making cash off of this one?

Someone is already throwing the guys name around over stupid stuff like who has the nicest Tiger... Come on! Now you want people to pay for his picture? How about his Mcdonalds sandwich wrapper from lunch today? Is that for sale too?

Just seems stupid to me... Guess i'm the only one that feels that way.

200x Basket
11-20-2006, 11:29 PM
nope, i feel that way too. if he wants to make some $$$ then he should start a limited run of NEW tigers!!!!

85hondaatc125m
11-20-2006, 11:33 PM
I see what you are getting at Derrick, I thought it was pretty cool when mohawk came here with his tiger, and then he put it on ebay, I thouight that was wierd seeing is how it is so rare and he could keep it or sell it too a fan, but no biggy.Then he got it signed by Peter Wood, WOW, he ought to keep this or sell it to a collector quick! and now he has this jersey up on ebay. In my opinion he ought to sell it to a BIG COLLECTOR, obviously not me, my paperoute isnt going to buy me it, or just keep the stuff in storage for another couple years instead of giving this stuff to the guy with the biggest ego and bank, Sorry if I offended anyone, but just had to get that off of my chest!

250rBeast
11-20-2006, 11:45 PM
peter who?

This whole episode doesn't even concern the appreciation for the hobby of 3 wheeled ATV's, its just some dude trying to make money. No thanks.

ATC-Eric
11-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

mohawk
11-21-2006, 01:32 AM
wow, it sure is easy to sort out the immature idiots from the inteligent enthusiasts on this board.

im not making a dime on this, before ANY of you jokers even try to throw that one at me. its more important then that. i get to offer atv history to the masses, and thats something ill get to take to the grave.

and did some of you even bother reading the description or does your "A.D.D." prevent you from examining a situation and concluding an inteligent response?
THIS is why i am not posting my information on Tigers to the public, and have only been discussing it through pm's and phone calls with the members that have shown a true interest.

and this quote from above rather cute from a guy with 57 posts:

"This whole episode doesn't even concern the appreciation for the hobby of 3 wheeled ATV's, its just some dude trying to make money. No thanks."

quotes like that come from guys that want top dollar for their items, yet think everyone elses stuff is junk !
collectors, hobbiest, enthusiasts, all pertain to the subject of appreciation pertaining to the item/s in question, wether it be star wars memorabilia, sports cards, or atvs such as these forums.

look at your own avatars and siggys. all bragging about your machines, how mint they are, your original accessories, amazing project that you got for $100 then offer up for sale a month later for $750...

yet your flipping out over something as incredible as an original piece of this hobbies history. FREAKIN WOW.......
hypocrites, thats what i see . ive seen a lot of 'em come and go, and ive been in this business my whole life. 30+ years and growing

Trikeaholic
11-21-2006, 01:46 AM
You know what I think about all this hoopla.................

mohawk
11-21-2006, 02:00 AM
You know what I think about all this hoopla.................

yep, i now feel the same here. which is why i have removed all of my previous post information.

im done discussing anything Tiger related to the public, its not worth the headache. and as i removed and read all of my previous information, i found it so ironic how it all started as me posting as much information as i could find on the Tiger as i could to get the word out to everyone.

never had to do with money, never even had to do with sellin the Tiger for the first week and a half of discussion.
those who have followed this drama since the beginning, know this.

you are all now free to go back to discussing your 125m's and 200x's.

happy thanksgiving

200x Basket
11-21-2006, 02:41 AM
you are full of BS. I do not care if the guy or you are making $$$ off of it. But do not sit back and say that is not why you are doing it. IF you are doing if the trike history (BS) then donate the winnings to a certain 3 wheeling board for upgrades.

Derrick Adams
11-21-2006, 05:23 AM
Seems to me like your original post was to dig up information on your discovered 3 wheeler that fell in your lap.. Then to drum up interest in said 3 wheeler here on the largest 3 wheeler board on the web, just to raise the price of the trike when you put it on ebay. THEN you came in contact with Mr. Wood and dollar signs started appearing.
Have you ever even ridden a 3 wheeler? I don't see anything in your signiture about what trikes you've owned or what you have now, just an ad for your business to try to make more money.

"wow, it sure is easy to sort out the immature idiots from the inteligent enthusiasts on this board."
Why is someone an immature idiot because they don't see eye to eye with you? In our eyes, over the internet this is how we see it.

"hypocrites, thats what i see . ive seen a lot of 'em come and go, and ive been in this business my whole life. 30+ years and growing"

This coming from someone who's only been a member for 2 months. We too have seen many hypocrites come and go *on these boards*, over the YEARS we have been on here. BUT we're NOT enthusiasts?! We just hang out here to bash people?

Orangecnty250r
11-21-2006, 07:33 AM
I respectfully disagree with most posts on this thread. I simply think the man created TIGER...he's is then a legend in our sport....there is history....its an authentic piece...he has a right to sell it for what its worth.... and thats what people will pay......cool as hell its signed!!! I probably wont bid as its getting a little high but I am thrilled just to see a picture of something like this....DAMM who cares if its making someone money?? at least it gets the stuff out of the closets and into the hands of someone who can appreciate it....Geesh!!!

88 Turbo Coupe
11-21-2006, 07:53 AM
I could really: use a 492 Rotax.:Bounce

atctim
11-21-2006, 09:33 AM
I was gonna leave this one alone - but I can not restrain anymore. What I see here is someone trying to make a fast buck. MOHAWK: Why would someone have the founder of Tiger come for a visit - look over things and spend the day with him, probably pretend he is very intrested in "Our Sport" - then just hock his personally signed stuff like yesterdays news. Did Peter know you would be selling his personally signed stuff on Ebay??? You are leaving out so much information, one has to make assumptions on the information that is presented. If I were Peter Wood, I would either have some pretty hurt feelings, or I would want a piece of the pie. Maybe you and Pete have arrangments we don't know about - I don't know - and I really don't care, but I can say this - you seem to not care too much about "Our Sport" considering you are the guy who parted out a beautiful 1981 ATC250R a couple of years back - just to make a buck, then when it got too hot in the kitchen you ran away for a while like a scared dog with it's tail between it's legs. Now you are back - trying to make a buck again.

Here is a quote from .ORG

and ya, i parted out my 1981 250r. needed the cash for one of my harley projects.
and the offers i got were not near what i knew i could part it out for . and yep, i got so much crap over parting it out that i just disapeared off forums for a long time. i dont have time to deal with. people were literally pming me with hate mail.
it was actually quite comical at the time.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problems with making a buck or anyone who does, but to rub our noses in it is going to make some people on here pretty angry. And you did just that - :mad:

For the majority of the people on this board, we are a big family that share a common intrest, passion, and lifestyle. There are others who are in it for money reasons. Then there are others who people can see right thru!!!!

That's all I have to say about that.

Howdy
11-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Guys, guys, guys!!! I just removed one reply.
Keep things clean or postings ( and possibly users ) will get removed.
Howdy

87250es
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
it is not like i really know anyone on this site.i am not standing up for or going to bash anyone.

i do not agree with selling the artwork if Mr. Wood is not aware but if he is ok with it then more power to you. but on the oher hand why did we all have baseballs, bats, cards, and jerseys signed back in the early 90's ?? did Nolan Ryan know i was going to sell a baseball bat for $3000?? no but if he did not want it to happen then he would not have signed it.

why have we paid $30 for a matchbox 250r? because it looks cool on my desk is one reason but the other reason is that it might be worth $60 one day..

maybe mohawk is a jerk,greedy, and a bragger, but why do some people keep talking crap?? i do not kow why the admins have not banned several members from this site.. my websites will never work just because of my attitude about people thinking they can join a forum just to bash people. it is freaking pointless to talk crap on people... does it make you feel better about your self?? i think it is one thing to say that machine is not worth $1.00 but we are not talking about machines here.... It does not matter what is said if a item is posted from mohawk then he is going to get bashed..

atctim
11-21-2006, 11:27 AM
i do not agree with selling the artwork if Mr. Wood is not aware but if he is ok with it then more power to you. but on the oher hand why did we all have baseballs, bats, cards, and jerseys signed back in the early 90's ?? did Nolan Ryan know i was going to sell a baseball bat for $3000?? no but if he did not want it to happen then he would not have signed it.

As a final remark - and please note - I am not bashing or hating, just calling them as I see them. Regarding the above quote - wouldn't it be a little different if you had Nolan Ryan over to your house and spend the day with him before he signed the bats and cards. Then the next week you went to a baseball card show to sell what you just acquired?????

As I said - there is not enough information to form an educated opinion at this point, but unless Pete got a cut of the profit- I would go sleepless for nights and nights over such a deed. - but hey, that's just me. If I had a Tiger signed by Pete, I would consider it my prized possesion and would never ever consider parting with it. Others may have no problem selling it to make a quick buck to subsidize income for other hobbies. Those others obviously have alterior motives and do not possess a true whole hearted love for "Our Sport"

87250es
11-21-2006, 12:08 PM
why should we have to make a "educated opinion". it is not you that will be loosing sleep it is him. this is not the "am i a bad person forum" this is "Ebay Discussion and Linkage" forum

If you do not like the idea of selling do not bid on it.

mohawk
11-21-2006, 12:15 PM
it is not like i really know anyone on this site.i am not standing up for or going to bash anyone.

why have we paid $30 for a matchbox 250r? because it looks cool on my desk is one reason but the other reason is that it might be worth $60 one day..

maybe mohawk is a jerk,greedy, and a bragger, but why do some people keep talking crap?? i do not kow why the admins have not banned several members from this site.. my websites will never work just because of my attitude about people thinking they can join a forum just to bash people. it is freaking pointless to talk crap on people... does it make you feel better about your self?? i think it is one thing to say that machine is not worth $1.00 but we are not talking about machines here.... It does not matter what is said if a item is posted from mohawk then he is going to get bashed..

everything you said is absolutely what im trying to get across. except the maybe im a jerk part, which is not true. only when im pushed to the point of intolerance do i fight back. any of the guys on these forums that have been talking to me through pms, on the phone, or in person, knows this about me. but thank you for your inteligent reply, it was much needed.

now on to you tim... here is the direct quote from the auction description which APPARENTLY you have never read. i suggest you read it again, and ABSORB it. especially the part about this item is being listed FOR peter wood and WHY he is listing it. and for your information, pete is coming back up tommorrow for some coffee and chit chat. and yes, he watches these posts and we have a good laugh discussing them.

now everyone chill out for God's sake. and the next guy that claims this stuff is up for sale for pure profit, can just keep their opinions to themselves. there is more to it then you guys will ever know.... well for now that is...

This is an original piece of artwork, not a photo copy, by the original founder of Tiger Atv Peter Wood . I have been authorized to list this item for him , at his request. This was one of the actual concept pieces used to design the original jerseys. There are only 3 of the original jersey and one of the pants artworks known to exist. You are bidding on the one shown in the first picture. The other pieces may or may not possibly be available at a later date and time.
You may wondering why Peter is making these available. One reason is to give an ATC collector/historian the chance to own such a rare piece of ATC history. Another is to see first hand the kind of interest his legacy has left in the ATC community. Not neccessarily from the amount of bids it receives or price it goes for, but by general interest itself. Therefore, I will be posting supportive emails through this auction so the community, and Peter, can see exactly how much his machines are cherished. So feel free to send positive remarks, and shout outs, to Peter through this auction and Ill post them up (any message containing personal information will not be posted).
NOTE to winning bidder: I highly suggest you save the picture of Pete signing the autograph for your own personal records. But I will, by request, write up a bill of sale from myself, with a floppy disc containing pictures of this piece and of Peter signing it for your records.

BigGreenMachine
11-21-2006, 12:45 PM
you are full of BS. I do not care if the guy or you are making $$$ off of it. But do not sit back and say that is not why you are doing it. IF you are doing if the trike history (BS) then donate the winnings to a certain 3 wheeling board for upgrades.

I totally agree. We would have one hell of a forum if even a third of the profits were donated.

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel like mohawk has been on here holding this Tiger stuff over our heads. If it was about sharing history then there would be posts about what Mr. Wood has shared with him. Not more ebay posts pimping his gear. Thats not sharing history, thats making people pay just to touch it. He ended his auction when he wasn't getting the right price for his Tiger 125 when 3Tigers is getting all the action. He calls us unintelligent, says how ignorant we are because we don't praise him for his actions. I think we see clear enough to see right though this scam. I'm very sick of seeing this stuff on the boards as are others.

AtcTim, great post. You nailed it!

87250es
11-21-2006, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=BigGreenMachine]I totally agree. We would have one hell of a forum if even a third of the profits were donated.

plese tell me how money would make this or any foum better?? i use phpbb because it is free ok i know i could spend $180 for a lifetime purchase of v. but how else could money make a forum better??

ohh ok i understand we could hire a nanny to babysit all of these kids... i am going to quit now because i am starting to sound like all of the others

later

XTrumpX
11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
It's America baby! Freedom of speech, freedom to do what you want with the things you have. I can tell half of these posts are posted out of spite or jealousy. How would you guys react if posts were targeted at you? Some of you really show your age when it comes to the boards. Let the man have his freeeeeedooommm!!!
Hey, can you get Mr. Wood to sign my jock strap?

1DEADPRESIDENT
11-21-2006, 01:07 PM
"One mans junk is another man's treasure" And if you own it and it isn't for sale, Once the right person offers you the right price ( oh and they will..) it too will be sold! I think the discussion/linkage description of this forum has become a Joke IMO... Hope it brings big money! Good Luck mohawk!

mike from long island
11-21-2006, 01:14 PM
all you guys make my brain HURT as little as it is, it is painfull!!!!

:beer :beer :beer

Mrs.Mosh
11-21-2006, 01:21 PM
pete is coming back up tommorrow for some coffee and chit chat. and yes, he watches these posts and we have a good laugh discussing them.

If Pete has been on here reading, do you think he has any interest in becoming a member? Maybe come on here and talk about the old days. Mike Coe is a member, and his first thread became a very interesting sticky. Just a thought.

BigGreenMachine
11-21-2006, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=BigGreenMachine]I totally agree. We would have one hell of a forum if even a third of the profits were donated.

plese tell me how money would make this or any foum better?? i use phpbb because it is free ok i know i could spend $180 for a lifetime purchase of v. but how else could money make a forum better??

The forum isn't free to run. Everything costs money. If it were free and the money isn't needed then why are donations welcome? I remember a thread from a while ago about how this forum had grown so fast the admins had to buy more server space.

Money could be used for prizes for Trikefest 07 instead of prizes being bought from the owners pockets. The forum is great as is theres always fees to be paid or events to host.

mohawk
11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
I totally agree. We would have one hell of a forum if even a third of the profits were donated.

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel like mohawk has been on here holding this Tiger stuff over our heads. If it was about sharing history then there would be posts about what Mr. Wood has shared with him. Not more ebay posts pimping his gear. Thats not sharing history, thats making people pay just to touch it. He ended his auction when he wasn't getting the right price for his Tiger 125 when 3Tigers is getting all the action. He calls us unintelligent, says how ignorant we are because we don't praise him for his actions. I think we see clear enough to see right though this scam. I'm very sick of seeing this stuff on the boards as are others.

AtcTim, great post. You nailed it!

A: your first sentence shows where your mind is orientated. you already have one hell of a forum, but are just too ignorant to realize it. the real issue here is in your inner dreams of being in other peoples shoes turning into rage and angst

B: never held an eff-ing thing over anyones heads. i came on to give information, and once i started getting bashed for it, i fight back. so have a nice hot steaming cup of STFU and sit back while these guys own you

C: ended my auction because of not enough money? i got offered a 2005 450r from a member of this forum, and $4000 cash from another. i ended this auction because Mr Wood needs more information from the only Tiger he knows of within driving distance of his house. and secondly i wont have someone like 3tigers thinking he has out-done me in a petty little argument.

D:scam???? check my feedback, 99.7% positive out of over 10k auctions on that account. thousands more on my old one. in 10 years ive done over 30k auctions total. you think controversy over a 3 wheeler rocks my boat? i deal world wide. to me you are but a piss ant in the turkey sandwhich of my little picnic i call life. and i have just flicked you off !

and finally:

I'm very sick of seeing this stuff on the boards as are others.

if your sick of seeing it, then shut up. no one started an argument with you. you took it upon yourself to chime in with your smart ass remarks, and un-verified opinions when it was all in plain black and white.
simple as that

happy thanksgiving

Billy Golightly
11-21-2006, 02:14 PM
This is ridiculous. When you people can learn to carry on a conversation without hanging your dicks in the wind and fighting over a ruler to compare lengths this forum might be useful again. But right now, its about as useful as tits on a boar hog. :lock: