PDA

View Full Version : PS3 anybody????

twgranger
11-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Was wondering if anyone got there hands on the new PS3? Is it worth the $600-700?? :D

mohawk
11-22-2006, 08:59 AM
well, i was considering waiting in line like the other thousands of idiots out there, with 5 or 6 friends all having my cash in hand, to be as many as possible then sell them to spoiled little rich kids on ebay for 3 grand a piece.....
then i decided it would be much more fun to sit at home and have a beer.

on a side note, ive seen the commercials, looks pretty hawt. but wait 6 months and the price will cut in half. im currently on a super nintendo kick and am looking for games if you know anyone who is selling. ive been snagging up games on ebay for a buck or two a piece with box and manual. im not out to collect em, im actually playing (sort of living the past hehehe).
but i dont play much, im too busy to have fun :(

firefirefire90
11-22-2006, 09:04 AM
The PS3 is selling in the price range of $1,200.00 to $2,000.00 around my neck of the woods. Pretty crazy. If I do plan to buy one, I will wait a few years when prices drop to around 2-3 hundred. I was not at all impressed with the Xbox 360. I was playing my friends Xbox 360, and the game was NCAA 2006(maybe 7 idk.), and the grafics were pretty much the same with the Xbox. I still recognized a lot of pixilation, and don't even get me started about that dumb Wii. The Wii looks like a total waste of money. I hope the PS3 is everything the prices tell it to be.

SYKO
11-22-2006, 09:39 AM
I was watching one on ebay that sold for 7800!!! but besides that, I'm a hard core gamer, but not a weirdo gamer thats willing to wait for a few days in a line to get a system, I will wait till after the holidy season to get mine.
Every one complains about the price, but you do get alot for it, plus sonys online is free where you have to pay for x-box live, wait I REALLY want is the bue ray, I have a very nice 56 inch hd tv but no hd dvd player there $800+ and the ps3 is 600? helz yea!! with a blue ray!! its worth it just for that!!
As for the WEEEEE I might get one for my daughter, since its still targeted to a younger audience and its only 250, the cool thing is they got the rights to NEC TURBOGRAFX games to down load into the WEEEE, I love the old turbo games, I got that system but games are like 50-100 a pop!!

Banage
11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
No way with people getting shot over this pice of junk. IT IS JUST A GAME. you are not getting me anywhere near a ps3 or a Wii (nintendo.)

SYKO
11-22-2006, 10:07 AM
HEY!!!!! TAKE MY MONEY MAN, TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!DONT SHOOT ME PLEAASE!!!

I DONT WANT YOUR MONEY!!!!! GIVE ME YOUR PS3!!!!! OR YOUR GOING TO DIE!!!

AWWW HELLL NAW!!!! YOUAINT GETTING MY PS3!!!!!

"and shooting ensues"

p.s I ment to shout! lol

edog
11-24-2006, 09:20 PM
One sold on egay for $24,000.

THAT'S JUST STUPID.

theonlyjosh
11-24-2006, 10:16 PM
that's insane there were rumours at school last week about em being listed for 100's of 1000's of $$$ and apparently some had bids.... even if you are that rich, you could find better things to spend it on. honestly.

twgranger
11-24-2006, 11:20 PM
One sold on egay for $24,000.

THAT'S JUST STUPID.what??? where you getting your prices?? I see them going for $1000-1500. I watched one in my ebay with a buy it now price of $5000 and it never sold.

Billy Golightly
11-24-2006, 11:36 PM
After being a computer gamer for the past several years I have a hard time playing anything on a console that has inferior graphics and for the most part crappy game play. HALO is the most over rated game ever. Once you play a few nice games on a computer setup for gaming its hard to go back to any console except for maybe the classics like the NES and Genesis.

Dammit!
11-25-2006, 04:27 AM
HALO is the most over rated game ever.

Amen to that. BORING. Any of the top FPS games on a PC puts that crap to shame.

Rm250RF900R
11-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Yup I agree. Gaming on the computer is much better than any console. But I still love my dreamcast.

Louis Mielke
11-25-2006, 09:56 AM
After being a computer gamer for the past several years I have a hard time playing anything on a console that has inferior graphics and for the most part crappy game play. HALO is the most over rated game ever. Once you play a few nice games on a computer setup for gaming its hard to go back to any console except for maybe the classics like the NES and Genesis.

I dunno man. Only thing I like on PC is first person shooters. Honestly the classics is what I really play and collect.

Lemme think what i have so far. The collection is always growing.

Nintendo deck 1
nintendo deck 2
Super nintendo deck 1
Super nintendo deck 2
Nintendo 64
Virtual boy
gameboy orginal
gameboy color
gameboy advance
gameboy advance SP
gameboy micro (speacial edition never opened)
nintendo DS

genesis deck 1
genesis deck 2
genesis deck 3
Sega CD ver 2
Sega 32x
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Gamegear

Playstation (original)
Playstation 2 ver 1

Colecovision
Atari 2600 (modded for composite out, S-video to come)
Magnavox Oddessy 3000
Tiger gamecom ver 2
Neo Geo Pocket
Turbo Graphics 16
Comodore 64 (i have several of these)
TI 99

I think I'm missing something. No idea why I felt like typing all that up I just did. lol. I'm missing alot of stuff. I have a minumum 10 games for each system, others I have more. My regular nintendo collection is at 400+ carts.

My wish list
-----------
Sega Master System
Sega CD ver 1
Sega CDX
Sega Nomad
Intelevision
Other atari versions
Theres more...lol

My favorite oldschool games which aren't really all that old school are the Mega Man X series on super nintendo.

I own mega man x, and mega man x2, and just paid way too much for mega man X3 on ebay.

Oh yah, and HALO is boring and slow!

3 weelin geezer
11-25-2006, 12:31 PM
That sega cd 1, is that the one with the cd player underneath that opens up to hold your cup of joe when you don't have a cd in there? I had one sitting in the shed gathering dust. I never played it anymore and I tossed it. I think I still have the games somewhere if my brother didn't take them. <p>
Most of those ps3 auctions are just a joke like when I tried to sell my Grendel p-10 that I buried in the desert last year and just recently found it right where I had left it. Wait, I didn't bury it. I just left it hidden like an easter egg behind a tuft of grass at the base of a boulder and rainwater collected mud around it. Funny thing is that lots of people go to shoot at that spot and no one ever looked down to find that gun. I called it an antique civil war nutcracker since eGay doesn't allow things if they are working firearms or not. That is so stupid. :lol: Iwonder if i can sell it if I call it a ps3 light gun or something.:lol:

TravEX
11-25-2006, 01:01 PM
I brought my Nintendo (20 years old) outta storage yesterday. Gonna start my little girl out on Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Karate Champ, etc. I'm gonna see how I can do with Legend of Zelda, I haven't played it in 15 years! hehe.

I watched the first 2 PS3's sell on ebay the morning of the 17th, $9101.00 and $9000. Dunno if the seller had them in hand or not, alot of them had to retract their auction because all they got was a raincheck.

The PS2 is $129 now, I might get that. Not enough times for games, it might cut into my time here at 3WW!!!! CAN"T DO THAT!!!

Travis

theonlyjosh
11-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah we've had regular nintendo, sega genesis, super nintendo, playstation original, and ps2 the bigger one, i am thinking of getting a psp this weekend, not sure if they are worth it? I still haven't seen a ps3 have BIDS for more than 4000$.

TravEX
11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120053084421&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130047198895&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

As I stated previously, I dunno if the seller had a PS3 in his hands or not, but these were the first 2 that sold on ebay the morning of the release. The one for $9000 had a receipt for their's.

xd 200x
11-25-2006, 01:47 PM
you can get them on the streets of detroit for 500 cash ( roadway lost a shippment of 10,000) Thats a hell of alot to move prbly 9,950 are in a dumpster somewhere.

3 weelin geezer
11-26-2006, 12:54 PM
The PS2 is $129 now, I might get that. Not enough times for games, it might cut into my time here at 3WW!!!! CAN"T DO THAT!!!

Travis

I still have my old nintendo I got in '89. Have a box full of games like the turtles, Mario bros 1,2 and 3. My favorite is mario bros 2. Best tunes of them all. Seriously, the ps2 is still ONLY $129??? Damn! Thats only $20 less than the Atari 2600 (which I still have) when it was new. They should drop it down to at least $70 bucks or less. My neice has one and I am not that impressed compared to the ps1 to go and shell out even $500 bucks for promises of better performance. They still don't have demos at walmart where you play the games. They are always broken. Some people just don't teach their kids to take care of OPP. Wait, the only game I have seen is that guitar hero at best buy (I think its a ps3 or sbox 360) that teenagers and (chuckle) grown men stand there playing and getting all into being guitar heros. Its funny when they miss the notes and the character starts to smile, pretend he can play all covered in sweat and the notes sound like he's picking the strings between the nut and the tuners.

firehart
11-26-2006, 01:10 PM
I never got into the new systems. I quit playing video games when I gave away my Commodore 64.

Dirtcrasher
11-26-2006, 01:17 PM
I've been trying to replace my SNES for a bit now. They want almost 100$ for a used one with 2 games. I THOUGHT they'd be a helluva alot cheaper by now.....

theonlyjosh
11-26-2006, 01:17 PM
I have been playing ps2, but not in about a year, i played mmorpg's for about 3 or 4 years and got bored, they waste lifetimes. I just bought a psp entertainment pack with atv 3, and lords of dogtown and 1gb memory card. It's quite fun, although you have to buy accessories seperate ( case, screen protector,usb cord, headphones etc...) I would recomend it.

dickieg89
11-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I can't figure out how these people who camp out for a week, do they just not have a job or what?

I bought a ps2 after the price came down, I'm not a big gamer, I love call of duty 1&2 and the cabelas big game hunting stuff.

I also keep the atari 2600 handy, kung-fo superkicks and kaboom, all good stuff.

bassman
11-26-2006, 03:48 PM
I've got a:
SNES
N64
GC
PS1
PS2

My favorite system is easily the PS1. I have about 100 games for it, and I'm not about to get rid of any anytime soon. It's become a habbit kind of thing for me, I like to collect PS1 games. I only got 3 games for my GC, but I doubt I'll sell it because I like having almost all the nintendos, and I LOVE SSBM. Hell, I love both Super Smash's. I kickass at both, only 1 person can beat me at them. And it's pretty close. I only have 1 SNES game, street fighter 2. I can't find them anywhere(I mean the good games, not the crappy sports games and such).

Rm250RF900R
11-26-2006, 03:52 PM
The systems I have are

nintendo
snes
dreamcast
xbox

I used to have atari and Sega master system, and sega saturn. Saturn and Dreamcast are easily my favorite systems. But I stil loving playinf nintendo. I got a good amount of games for both systems.

Contra is my favorite game of all time.

86tri-z270
11-26-2006, 06:14 PM
anyone catch the aution on ebay for 100,000.00 for a ps3 and if you won the dude would dress like santa and deliver it to your door

Tri-ZNate
11-26-2006, 06:22 PM
for the $700 they sell for the consol plus $60 per game I canupgrad my computer system to have better graphics than the PS3 and buy everything cheaper. I hate game consoles, my first and last was the original Nintendo

mike from long island
11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
my sister got two to resell on ebay. why not if someone wants to pay!!!!! hellla ya!!!

cody2
11-26-2006, 07:04 PM
well, i was considering waiting in line like the other thousands of idiots out there, with 5 or 6 friends all having my cash in hand, to be as many as possible then sell them to spoiled little rich kids on ebay for 3 grand a piece.....
then i decided it would be much more fun to sit at home and have a beer.

on a side note, ive seen the commercials, looks pretty hawt. but wait 6 months and the price will cut in half. im currently on a super nintendo kick and am looking for games if you know anyone who is selling. ive been snagging up games on ebay for a buck or two a piece with box and manual. im not out to collect em, im actually playing (sort of living the past hehehe).
but i dont play much, im too busy to have fun :(

5hr of wasted time...dont look like ill get one soon,better invest in my tecate or zilla...

ATC-Eric
11-27-2006, 12:50 AM
You guys need to go on ebay and check the PS3's!!!!! Sort them highest price first! There are people on there with buy it nows of up to $20,000,000!! Thats right, I said 7 zeros!

3 weelin geezer
11-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Thats gotta be a bunch of joke auctions like the guy selling his virginity for a couple a hundred bucks. He got $520 for it I think. I tried to sell a gun there but no one bid on my nutcracker. Ok, so it needed a little TLC but the scratches would easily buff out.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g257/3_weelin_geezer/DSC02193-1.jpg

:crazy: :lol: Whattaya think? Eh? Nice piece of civil war history! NOS! Nothing wrong with this item!

XTrumpX
11-27-2006, 12:59 AM
Makes me want to break out my original pong game. I saw one on ebay last year that went for $500. I think my dad paid something around $150 at searwhen it first hit the market...LOL

thefox
11-27-2006, 01:15 AM
Remember that just because an auction closes for so much does not mean that the person ends up paying for it. I bet there will be lots of negitive feedback.

3 weelin geezer
11-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Seriously. Who would buy a stupid plastic cube for 20 bazillion dollars? Its not made of unobtainium! Hell, I bet there are more than one of those first ones being returned to the store right now because the lock up or just don't work as advertised. How can you get the money back from these clowns on eGay ? They do not state any kind of warranty for the items, do they? I haven't seen any thing that says so. I bet its those same people who camped out in front of the stores braving cold winter nights just to say they are the first (which they are not) to get their mitts on one of these things only to find out it has a bunch of bugs when they turn it on and it doesn't recognize the game or they can't save for whatever reason so they resell it to any sucker that didn't get theirs on the first day. Like it really matters.

twgranger
11-27-2006, 08:09 AM
You guys need to go on ebay and check the PS3's!!!!! Sort them highest price first! There are people on there with buy it nows of up to $20,000,000!! Thats right, I said 7 zeros!
That dont mean nothing. Nobodys buying them for that price. I still see them selling between $100-1500.

ATC-Eric
11-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I know their not selling for that. I guess they did it to stand out. It is real fun to read through the dozens of questions those guys have on their pages.

SYKO
11-27-2006, 11:50 AM
hey louis!!!! how many turbografx games do you have?? want to get ride of a few?

IrvSLedman
11-27-2006, 09:41 PM
I know im going to get completely flamed for this, but.. the ps3 is completey inferiour to the 360 and the wii, graphic wise it beats the wii, but the wii is pure genious. and deff dont knock till you play them. and as far as the PS3/360 thing goes. your compairing a counsole to a computer.. its not close. their paying for the name other than the blue ray and if you like that, then actually yes its not a bad price for a blue ray but other than that its a 600$$ ps2 with better graphics and blue ray. and blue ray i think will just be another flop... Yes graphically the ps3 and 360 are equal.. but Im kinda with billy, you cant beat a PC.. but as far as counsoles... the 360 is in essence a computer. I have mine connected to my PC. (no not just xbox live) I can literally access my pc from my TV go into my files, surf the web. download old games like joust for the atrai, music videos, songs, wallpapers, watch Tv through it. and sadly its all because microsoft. not only are they heading the PCs. but now their doing what they do best and buying out the platform race as well, you can now buy final fantasy for the 360, alot of the tecmo games. and they have really been the driving force behind sony. I dont dislike sony, we have a Ps2.360 xbox and dream cast in my apt. but mark my words. microsoft is doing what they do best they have more money than sony and it will more than likely lead the demise of most other companies they have already pretty much bought out sega...Iv already heard talk of nintendo selling out. and please no one come on here screaming and ranting and raving because youv owned a ps1 and ps2 since day one. I know its a matter of what YOU like. but just dont get on here flipping *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* about it. Im not telling you not to buy a ps3. Thats just what I and many gamers/ game stores that i have talked to about it believe is more than likly going to happen unless mr gates backs off. and i doubt he will be doing that. So any ways thats just my .02

oh and lol my cuzin bought 6 ps3 ( pre-ordered from many stores) and is selling the for roughly 2k each lol. so if you buy one, and dont like it, can always do that with em..

threewheelin-feelin
11-28-2006, 02:10 AM
HAHA i have a
Sega Genisis
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Virtual Boy
Playstation Portable
Playstation 2

i blew all of my money on video games up intill i was about 12 then i discovered that i could have more fun if i put all my money into 3wheelers and my truck...now its very rare i ever buy a new game or even play my old ones i am huge fan of the atv games and grand theft autos.

Yamahauler
11-28-2006, 03:47 AM
I cant stand video games. Had a Playstation 2, traded it for a Makita Combo Kit...that was one helluva trade.

It seems to be getting worse and worse, people all seem to be stuck in fornt of there games for hours on end. The next generation of kids are going to be really fat and unhealthy if they dont do something.

I guess I dont have much room to talk though, Im stuck in front of 3ww for hours on end.:crazy:

bassman
11-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I know im going to get completely flamed for this, but.. the ps3 is completey inferiour to the 360 and the wii, graphic wise it beats the wii, but the wii is pure genious. and deff dont knock till you play them. and as far as the PS3/360 thing goes. your compairing a counsole to a computer.. its not close. their paying for the name other than the blue ray and if you like that, then actually yes its not a bad price for a blue ray but other than that its a 600$$ ps2 with better graphics and blue ray. and blue ray i think will just be another flop... Yes graphically the ps3 and 360 are equal.. but Im kinda with billy, you cant beat a PC.. but as far as counsoles... the 360 is in essence a computer. I have mine connected to my PC. (no not just xbox live) I can literally access my pc from my TV go into my files, surf the web. download old games like joust for the atrai, music videos, songs, wallpapers, watch Tv through it. and sadly its all because microsoft. not only are they heading the PCs. but now their doing what they do best and buying out the platform race as well, you can now buy final fantasy for the 360, alot of the tecmo games. and they have really been the driving force behind sony. I dont dislike sony, we have a Ps2.360 xbox and dream cast in my apt. but mark my words. microsoft is doing what they do best they have more money than sony and it will more than likely lead the demise of most other companies they have already pretty much bought out sega...Iv already heard talk of nintendo selling out. and please no one come on here screaming and ranting and raving because youv owned a ps1 and ps2 since day one. I know its a matter of what YOU like. but just dont get on here flipping *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* about it. Im not telling you not to buy a ps3. Thats just what I and many gamers/ game stores that i have talked to about it believe is more than likly going to happen unless mr gates backs off. and i doubt he will be doing that. So any ways thats just my .02

oh and lol my cuzin bought 6 ps3 ( pre-ordered from many stores) and is selling the for roughly 2k each lol. so if you buy one, and dont like it, can always do that with em..
:lol:
360 and PS3 are no where near equal graphic wise.
Graphics: PS3>>>>>>360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii
And Microsoft will NOT be winning any kind of console war, and probably never will. Not many people like the idea of paying for online use. I sure don't. Not when I can buy a PS2/3/wii and play online for free.
My friend stood in line for his wii, and we went and played it after getting it. I like it. Alot. But my main gripe, and something I just can not get over, is the fact that it is a Next gen console with last gen graphics. If I wanted an xbox, I would have forked over the $75 they go for now.
I really have no gripe with the PS3, except for the rediculously low amount of consoles shipped. In fact, i will proabaly be getting a PS3 before a Wii. It depends on when MGS 4 comes out, and when Super Smash Brawl comes out. I will be buying both, just a matter of when.
I definatly won't be buying the 360. Ity has lose written all over it. In fact one of my friends is starting to regret buying one.

SYKO
11-28-2006, 12:06 PM
you hit it right on the knot bassman!!! I will be getting a ps3 sometime next year, so I can keep playing my old ps games, and continue on current sequels, GT, Final Fantasy,MTGS and so forth. my muddy has a 360 and its lousy, he spent like 1200 getting it and a bunch of games and even now he barely plays it, he comes over and borrows one of my many ps2 games to play, go figure

peeweesp
11-28-2006, 01:26 PM
i havent heard of anymore ps3's being shipped as of yet, they did only make like 400,000 for the US release and they said they where taking a loss at selling them for 600$. Time will tell i guess to me it is all a gimmick to sell more at launch

350Xhilaration
11-28-2006, 10:37 PM
No PS3 for me.

I fired up the Atari 2600 a week or so ago and got my kids playing it. We had a gathering of about 25 people this past Saturday and a couple played several games for an hour or two while 6 of us played Trivial Pursuit 80s edition. What a blast.

Louis, any chance of coming off a C64? I wish I still had mine.

All I have is the 2600, GBA, GBA SP, modded PS1, and Modded PS2.

Pic of the 9 yr old playing Space Invaders :p

Louis Mielke
11-28-2006, 10:51 PM
I dunno man, my C64s are pretty mint. Looky. Still fresh in the boxes. HEHE

350Xhilaration
11-28-2006, 11:01 PM
SHWIIING!!!

Seriously, if you ever decide to offload one, lemme know. It will not get ebayed to make a buck.

I ran across my old C64's box a while back...empty of course. :(

Wish I still had the Genesis too. Had a bunch of games for it and traded it to one of those places that takes old games toward the purchase of a new one...I got a PS1...

Louis Mielke
11-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Well I'll tell you I have one thats not in a box. I maybe interested to trade it for the right item. Lol. Lemme see if I can dig it up.

Actually I think I have 2 extra genesis systems. Lemme see what I got maybe we can play lets make a deal. I'll treat you right.