PDA

View Full Version : 350x trivia...... What was wrong with it?

freaksfix
04-13-2003, 08:50 PM
My brother took it out when I was at work. He hoped in a creek about 8 inches deep rode it for a while and got back out, as soon as he goot out of the water it died. Kicked it over it started and would idle, but when you gave it some gas it would die. It didnt suck any water, what was wrong with it?

hrc200x
04-13-2003, 09:06 PM
spark plug wet? water behind the flywheel area?

Yamaha_Rules69
04-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Thats EXACTLY what happened to my YTM 200 when I drove it in deep water. It would start up and idle good, but when you gave it gas, it would die. I figured out the problem. I just took off the airbox lid, and my air filter was soaked. I didnt think any water got in it either, but it did. After I got the filter out, I just ran it on choke for a minute or two, and it ran like a charm. There was also a bunch of water in the pullstarter that I wad to drain out. Is that what happened to your X?

JourneyMan
04-14-2003, 06:30 PM
When I had my 350X before it got stolen I ran into the same problem. For me it was because the air filter was wet from the water going in from the snorkel.

hrc200x
04-15-2003, 01:26 AM
Maybe it has nothing to do with water and somthing crazy like the clip on the needle broke and the needle fell down into the main jet?

freaksfix
04-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Maybe it has nothing to do with water and somthing crazy like the clip on the needle broke and the needle fell down into the main jet?

This guy is good! What are the chances of him figuring that out. :D

HemiChallenger71
04-15-2003, 02:55 PM
I would strongly advise to draining out the water from the stator cover and change your oil and filter.

freaksfix
04-15-2003, 04:08 PM
It didnt suck any water, thats the first thing I checked. It was the needle clip, it opened up and the needle droped in closing up the main jet. How offen does that happen... It was I first for me in 18 years of riding..