PDA

View Full Version : trike racing events time has forgotten

gravelord
11-22-2006, 11:04 PM
It came to mind that there is not much vintage footage available, or information on past ATC racing events.... am i wrong here? its obvious they are trying to make every one forget that they even happened, but where did all the pictures and videos dissapear to from the 80s? im sure some one has compiled some videos similar to that of crusty demons, like best of clips and such in the 80s... im sure even if not, that there is enough from the 80s out there to have done something like that.... there are plenty of vintage mx racing web sitesfor dirt bikes and stuff.... where are the atc sites?? they even have vintage mx racing videos you can buy on the internet.. what about atcs ???

also, if any one has any videos or photos, from the 80s that is, not recent times, please let me know... im thinking of compileing my own video if i can get enough to make at least a half hour to 40 minutes out of...

dizasterzrfun69
11-22-2006, 11:22 PM
i was thinking about this within the last week or so also. What about the news? It seems that there should be clips from news channel and such about people getting hurt and even about the ban. where are they though? They have to be out there somewhere!

chris200x
11-22-2006, 11:30 PM
Umm.. wasn't the internet just getting started back then. I remember... Me on my commadore 64 back in the early 80's. I was so cool. :rolleyes:

The true heyday of the trikes only really lasted a few years... Yeah there were the 1970 90's and such... but it really didn't hit mainstream till the 2 stroke suspenened trikes hit the market.. right after that is when the apple computer came out and the internet really started rolling. I think it's because all the folks that have all this good video footage and stuff on VHS and BETA really have no way to post it on the world wide web.. well that.. and I think most just lost intrest with the ban. That's my .o2..

gravelord.. I got the 85 blackwater vid I can send you for your fix...

atctim
11-23-2006, 12:15 AM
That blackwater video is awesome. I was just watching it earlier tonight. Anybody ever notice our good friend Rick Semen is in that video????

gravelord
11-23-2006, 01:40 AM
chris im not talking about websites that have been around for a while, but out of all the people who used to race them dont you think they would have made a website about when they used to race with pictures, or old videos or sale or information? really, theres very few atc sites. thats all im saying, i wasnt saying sites that have been around since internets creation :-P

digity x
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
yeah the guy with the mustache right? i have the 85 blackwater 100 on vhs, jeff bernardo won it, alot of trikes quads

atctim
11-28-2006, 05:05 PM
yeah - the dork in the mustache on the bike (Husky or maybe even an ATK). He is the guy who HATES!!!!! trikes. Funny that he was in that race with all of those trikes. Maybe somebody roosted him good on a Tecate-3 or something and that is why he hates them.

Anyway - I have to agree. Does anyone have access to at least the 60 minutes (or 20/20) report on the CPSC decree? Or any other old school races? I agree - for there being as many members as there are here - not too many people have offered old race videos - and I do not see any on ebay or other sales sites either. Also - there are tons of old bike books - but never a three wheeler history book at any book stores.

I guess we are just outcasts!

88 Turbo Coupe
11-28-2006, 06:26 PM
As much as I love to ride 3 wheels and got a ton of time and some money into it, I hate to say it but the CPSC and the Feds did a real good job to "progam" the public on how bad 3 wheelers are. In my opinion it seems anytime 3 wheelers are mentioned people say somtjing like "they are against the law" or "I know somone who got hurt really bad on one" or "they are dangerous" etc. I wouldn't be surprised if old racing videos got chucked beacause of the "ban". What other reason could there be? The videos are more rare than a Tiger 500. LOL

tecat-z
11-30-2006, 10:38 PM
I remember watching that darn Barbara Walters 60 minutes piece when i was a kid and feeling so sad. I would ask my dad how they could stop making such a cool and fun machine just because a few people got hurt. But yeah, somebodys got to have that clip somewhere. It just didnt dissapear. Lets find it and post it.:banned:

Orangecnty250r
12-01-2006, 06:12 PM
I have been trying to get a copy of that 60 minutes special for a few years now....anyone??

Mobular
12-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Has anyone gone straight to the top for a copy of the program?? Contact the production company ( http://abcnews.go.com/2020/ ) and see if they'll sell a copy of it.

Orangecnty250r
12-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Has anyone gone straight to the top for a copy of the program?? Contact the production company ( http://abcnews.go.com/2020/ ) and see if they'll sell a copy of it.

I tried looking for it in their available archives with no luck but I never sent a request

chris200x
12-01-2006, 06:46 PM
I say we form up a lynch mob and go visit that biotch Barbara Walters.. :eek: :w00t:

gravelord
12-03-2006, 08:33 PM
im up for chris200x's mob idea. i wonder how fast i could pull her behind my 250r? :)

chris200x
12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
LMAO!!! Oh man... I forgot I made that post. :eek: :lol: I really must stop drinking and posting on here.

Now that I think about it though... doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. :D

gravelord
12-04-2006, 10:28 PM
me too. i sure wasnt drunk when i posted that though :)