PDA

View Full Version : So..Whats up with ROTAX anyhow??

Dirtcrasher
11-23-2006, 12:22 PM
All this Tiger hype just has me wondering - Why were these things so fast?, was it the weight difference that made them so quick? Or was there something about that Rotax powerplant? Were those motors nearly bulletproof with little vibration?

Just curious :wondering

darrel632
11-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Not bullet proof, vibrate, the strength and weakness of the motor is a very unique fuel system with a rotary valve injection system for lack of better wording; the fuel delivery system makes for a very unique power band which hits in multiple areas (usually 3 sweet spots) which makes for a very stong, controllable power delivery. If the fuel system has a second issue its got to be the "Bing" carb, not nice IMHO. The Bosch electronics are hot and really deliver a great spark..
If a Rotax is running right its unbeatable in its class with equal talented riders just because of its power delivery, if its running poorly its still competative.

Again all my opinion, and the way people have been on the board lately take it for what its worth.

I ride a Can-AM 400 and 250 (orange crushers)
Qualifier 125 and 175 (Red Rods)
T'nT 175 and 250 (Gen 1 white tankers both DP bikes) All Rotax powered, 2 premixers the rest oil injecters