PDA

View Full Version : A friend won this ebay auction

XTrumpX
11-26-2006, 02:54 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=60214

87250es
11-26-2006, 03:21 AM
just a question for the mods, being that the ebay forum is closed is it not ok to talk about ebay at all?

if this sounds smart it was not meant that way at all
Mike

XTrumpX
11-26-2006, 03:24 AM
Why was I edited? I was asking a question to see if it was worth it. I guess we can't talk about ebay stuff :(
All I wanted was an honest opinion from people.

87250es
11-26-2006, 03:31 AM
i do not know. i just do not want the mods to think that i was tring to be a smart ass by asking that.

i understand why the ebay forum was deleted but ebay seems to be a part of every day life for us trike fans.

XTrumpX
11-26-2006, 03:35 AM
I posted a link for a quad a friend won on ebay. I was asking people if it was worth it by sending them to the link. My friend was asking me what I thought but never gave him an answer. SO, I was coming here to get opinions on what they thought, good or bad.

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about quadzilla's, send me a PM and I will send the link. All I want to know is if he got his moneys worth. It's a '87 LT500r.
Not trying to start anything, just trying to get information... as to what I thought this site was all about.

Billy Golightly
11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
At this time, ebay discussion is not allowed. We are reviewing our options for opening the ebay forum back up or a replacement for it. At which time, you'll be able to post links and discuss ebay things again.

XTrumpX
11-26-2006, 07:47 PM
That's BS. Then don't allow ANY ebay auctions to be posted if that's the case. I see other links for auctions, including ones in peoples signatures. All I wanted was opinions on an auction that already ended. I did not care if someone came on here and said it was junk or if the best machine in the world. I wanted advice from people who know more about that kind of machine then I did. I thought this was a place where you can go and get help when needed. When I signed up a couple of weeks ago, this seemed like a great place to say just about anything... then the whole Tiger thing got out of hand which I totally understand because people were taking shots at each other.

Please, anyone who is linking to auctions in a post or signature, I'm not trying to point you out, I just want to know where the line is crossed in the sand.

Billy Golightly
11-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Sorry you feel that way. Like I said, when the ebay forum is back up and running again you can feel free to post it.

200x Basket
11-26-2006, 08:16 PM
i understand why the ebay forum was deleted but ebay seems to be a part of every day life for us trike fans.

ebay is just the LARGEST parts source for us old trikers:Bounce but the forum was out of control

XTrumpX
11-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Sorry you feel that way. Like I said, when the ebay forum is back up and running again you can feel free to post it.
Until then, if anyone who has knowledge of quadzillas, can you please PM me if your interested in giving your opinion on the purchase. I'm going to meet up with him tomorrow night and need some feedback. Thanks.

Dirtcrasher
11-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Jeez, what a mess.... Why can't the new EBAY auctions go in the classifieds? And whats the big deal if we shoot the crap about current or closed EBAY auctions in the OPEN FORUM regardless of there content. We can talk about Ham Radios and politics but not EBAY??

ATC-Eric
11-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Hey Trump,

Throw that up in quad central. That is an appropriate place to talk about quads, I dont think there would be a problem with that. Putting up an ebay link in there should not be an issue in my opinion. It is not an ebay discussion, it is a matter of advice about a quad that was just purchased. If somone had just purchased a trike on ebay, would he or she not be able to post about their new investment in Trikeslyvania because it came from ebay?

XTrumpX
11-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Putting a link out there was the issue. I posted the link with some history and TimSr edited it. I then posted another link somewhere and the post was deleted. The post wasn't really about quads in general, it was about if he got a good deal or not. Until I get the word about being able to post the link, I can only do it by PM. If the admins say I can put the post in quads, then I will do so. Like I said, I just wanted an opinion.

ATC-Eric
11-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Well, you said it was a quadzilla, thats a quad. I would throw the price, a pic, and a little details in the quad forums here. There are quite a few of them around. Without the link, just a little info and maybe a picture, people will be able to give you some good input.