PDA

View Full Version : Aint PAYPAL great - NO!!!

ml1275
11-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Hey guys

You want to give this a go - you cannot lose. I have been ripped off twice in the last few weeks whilst selling stuff.

>> Buy something from overseas (get it with cheap slow shipping - make sure its not trackable or insured).

>> Wait until it has safely arrived and then a couple of weeks more.

>> File a dispute with paypal to say it never turned up.

Paypal then gives the seller 3 options - provide tracking info (which you cannot do), refund via paypal or refund outside paypal.

Either way the buyer gets there money back.

Spoke to Paypal and this is there corporate policy - always to support the buyer.

B*st4rd5

ML

LonesomeTriZ
11-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Another disatified user.

Ban Paypal!

ClayW
11-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Cant say I dint warn folks...

Howdy
11-29-2006, 10:22 AM
M/o's aren't too secure either. I have recieved a Fake Money Order in a international dealing. Luckily I Tried to cash it at my favorite location and they noticed it wasn't legit. From my understanding they did catch the guy ( in Canada ). I came real close on a $300+ Paypal dealing to Germany. Thankfully Hagen was able to save the day. Come to find out, He is friends with the guy I was dealing with. Hagen ( God Bless his Sole ) talked to the guy and told him that he had no worries dealing with me. The guy cancelled the dispute and 2-3 weeks later the guy did get his stuff. Finally I could go back to letting my fingernails grow ( I chewed them off waiting ).

Out of 1000's of dealing I have done, I have had less than a 1/2 dozen bad or almost bad ones. I have learned that Nothing in life is 100% perfect. You just have to good with the bad ( whether you like it or not ).
Howdy

LonesomeTriZ
11-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Cant say I dint warn folks...

I have screamed it many times myself.

ml1275
11-29-2006, 02:18 PM
So I have withdrawn my remaining funds from the ***DO NOT TYPE AROUND TEH WROD FILTERS*** system. But I guess if they award the refund they will just take it from my credit card - but then again that would be unauthorised Hmmmm :idea:

Then again I am sure they have this loophole covered.

Calming down a bit now - just a bit :mad:

Whatever happened to good old CASH

ML

Mobular
11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I'll use it to pay for things with but never to recieve funds. Too many horror stories.

bigreddaddy
12-02-2006, 02:10 AM
That is why you should NEVER accept PayPal payments that do NOT have a CONFIRMED shipping address, AND NEVER ship anything without getting a tracking or delivery confirmation number.
I state this in all of my auctions and will NOT accept payments that aren't confirmed and I ALWAYS get a tracking number when I ship, period.
I've been on ebay since early 2000 and have never been ripped off in this way. I HAVE been ripped of as a buyer and using PayPal though. Though only twice.

dreadhed
12-02-2006, 02:55 AM
Whatever happened to good old CASH

ML
Bad idea for online transactions. I know there is no way I would send cash to someone I did not know. I know what you are saying though. Cash if King. Won't paypal just take a copy of the receipt from shipping? That is what we did once. It was a year or two ago though. I have learned when shipping out of the country make them pay for insurance & a tracking #. It is better for both parties. 2 out of 3 times I had problems with shipping is when I was shipping out of the country.