PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mohawk

Dirtcrasher
12-02-2006, 10:02 PM
I know your tired of getting crap on this board. But, please realize that it's only from a handful of members from this better than ever 3 wheeler information filled board. Some of it is jealousy from either people that wish they owned a Tiger or from the profits you make on your finds. Every single one of us buy and sell to meet our exact needs and noone should be a hypocrite.

Your recent presence on this board isn't anything unordinary. When I find things I know are worth money I do the same thing and so does everyone who sees dollar signs. It could be a Camaro carburetor or an unknown automotive tool that we inquire here at 3WW. Whether your first post is about the value of something or your 85th post, it doesn't matter and thats just a small part of why this message board is here.

As far as I'm concerned, after you inquired about the Tiger you posted a few times in a helpfull way. Not only about the Tiger but about other general questions people had. You work on alot of differnt bikes and I'm certain have more to offer not only to the existing members whether they like Tigers or not but to new members that just bought an ATC70 and don't know how to test a coil etc. etc.

The reason I post this is that you said in another post that you removed some posts with information about the Tiger or other posts you left. I don't want a Tiger but it's still very interesting to me. Please don't remove any posts unless you want to keep it from the 95% of other members here that just "need to know". You left a great post on carburetor cleaning, how many of us clean the dam things with gas and carb cleaner but still can't get it spotless?? Your post about that cleaner/solvent or whatever is the first I heard of it in all the years I have visited this board since 3Wheelio was here. I'm not sure if it's one of the posts you removed and I hope I can find it, but please understand that regardless of the people that post good or bad or don't post at all, there are people here that are very happy to gain any information that someone like yourself has to share.

Don't let a few bad apples spoil the crop :beer

What was that cleaner anyhow :wondering

XTrumpX
12-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Are you talking about Acetone, Sea Foam or brake cleaner? I have used all 3 to get out the tough gum build up.

thefox
12-03-2006, 01:08 AM
It was a good carb. cleaning write-up.... linky---> http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=59631&highlight=carb

mohawk
12-18-2006, 03:31 PM
much appreciated.
ive stayed off of forums after the bad taste left in my mouth from all the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* i got for finding a tiger and posting information about it.
just shows the maturity level of some of these people.

i sold the tiger privately, to a member of these forums, so i no longer have it .

glad you liked the carb write up. having been into this business my whole life (but according to some of the guys here im some motor "nooby" and the tiger was the first machine ive ever owned...), ive picked up alot of tricks of the trade that i rarely mention. and since im constantly building and working on mostly harleys, precision to detail is a must.

when you have 20k square feet of parts atvs, bikes, and sleds to play with, you get to do alot of testing before using the techniques on your actual machine that counts. so its fun on a day to day basis.

sometimes i dream up a new idea or way to try something different. literally, i wake up with it in my mind and give it a shot when i get to work. sometimes it works, sometimes it wrecks the part. but always try it on something you dont care about first.

good luck

seadoo650
12-18-2006, 09:52 PM
The reason I post this is that you said in another post that you removed some posts with information about the Tiger or other posts you left. I don't want a Tiger but it's still very interesting to me. Please don't remove any posts unless you want to keep it from the 95% of other members here that just "need to know". You left a great post on carburetor cleaning, how many of us clean the dam things with gas and carb cleaner but still can't get it spotless?? Your post about that cleaner/solvent or whatever is the first I heard of it in all the years I have visited this board since 3Wheelio was here. I'm not sure if it's one of the posts you removed and I hope I can find it, but please understand that regardless of the people that post good or bad or don't post at all, there are people here that are very happy to gain any information that someone like yourself has to share.

I agree 100%. I don't really have any intention of owning a tiger, Nicholson or any other really rare trike, mainly because I ride all my bikes, but the reading part of it was topps. I love learning all I can about these machines. Especially the ones I don't know alot about. Plus some of Mohawk's technical info was very helpful. So please keep it up Mohawk. Like Dirtcrasher said "Don't let a few bad apples spoil it for everyone".

If you could Mohawk, I'd like to see pics of some of your other work. (harleys' and such)