PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully picking up a 85 350X this coming weekend

Billy Golightly
10-20-2002, 11:53 AM
Found out about it from a freind that works at my local Honda dealer. His freind bought it and rode it for a while and then bought a golfcart (90 Quadracer). Anyways, it smoked when he bought it so they pulled the top end off and was going to rebuild it when he got the Qracer. I talked to him about it last night, it has its ups and downs. He bought it from the original owner.

Close to new Holeshot tires on the rear, like new front tire, New seat cover, no rust on the inside of the gas tank, fenders aren't totally thrashed. Air scoops like new. Headlight is in good shape.

Downsides... Frame cracked in the 2 common places for 350x breakage. Gas tank has a dent in it by the Honda wing duno which side, motor is apart down to the botom end (cylinder, head, rocker cover are off). Silencer is pretty much gone (Got one of those too).

I do have a brand new Wiseco piston kit with a wristpin, and a gasket kit for it already in my bunch of "junk". If I can get it Saturday I can maybe have it back together before the end of the weekend. So that'll make #15 in the Golightly family of trikes :-)