PDA

View Full Version : eBay scams

longbedGTs
12-04-2006, 12:39 PM
What is with all the scam auctions on eBay as of recently? Example (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-HONDA-125M_W0QQitemZ250056468649QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6726Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
They list a 'run of the mill' trike, and use a very generic description like "Rides good, will not dissapoint'..they ask a ridiculously stupid high price, and they are always a brand new member to eBay.
The 'example' above caught my eye and prompted me to start this thread here. The actual trike was on eBay a couple months ago, and the scammer has used their picture.
eBay needs to step up their game and cancel these auctions. Ive seen them run for days without cancellation.

ATC-Eric
12-04-2006, 02:43 PM
I love how they state "not many of these left at this price." They sure got that right!

Its ridiculous. They dont get anything out of it, because no one will bid on it. I just dont understand. Someone here discussed fees a while back. Dont these scammers have to pay fees? Maybe its some out of country people that dont first research what these machines are really worth.

Just wasting everyones time......

jason 32
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
not many left at that price -lol you think he added a extra 5? lololol
they must think were all stupid for wanting them or something

SYKO
12-04-2006, 07:23 PM
I like messin around with them, asking about the turbos if they work well, and if the muffler bearings are in good shape, the best one yet they repleid and said "yes the power bands are very intact, and we have a few more left over to go with the machine"

Howdy
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I love how they state "not many of these left at this price." They sure got that right!

Its ridiculous. They dont get anything out of it, because no one will bid on it. I just dont understand. Someone here discussed fees a while back. Dont these scammers have to pay fees? Maybe its some out of country people that dont first research what these machines are really worth.

Just wasting everyones time......

More often than not these scammers are using a stolen idenity & or Credit card. When it's all said and done with they aren't paying the fees, we are. How so? Ebay and your Credit card raises their fees to cover the losses from these low life scammers.
Howdy

ATC-Eric
12-04-2006, 10:45 PM
More often than not these scammers are using a stolen idenity & or Credit card. When it's all said and done with they aren't paying the fees, we are. How so? Ebay and your Credit card raises their fees to cover the losses from these low life scammers.
Howdy

I can understand the identify theft aspect of it. Thats how they dont feel the fees. So now, I guess these guys are just trying to be a menace with their wrong doings? Just to mess with the whole?

jmsmilin
12-04-2006, 11:21 PM
I like messin around with them, asking about the turbos if they work well, and if the muffler bearings are in good shape, the best one yet they repleid and said "yes the power bands are very intact, and we have a few more left over to go with the machine"too funny I do that too, I saw one recently for $4600 for a 125 for crying out loud, description said RARE and "good deal" not sure if that one was a scam though...

Howdy
12-05-2006, 08:37 AM
I can understand the identify theft aspect of it. Thats how they dont feel the fees. So now, I guess these guys are just trying to be a menace with their wrong doings? Just to mess with the whole?

Actually what they do on some of them is to require the winning bidder to pay via western union, wire transfer, ect. Then like magic they dissapear.
Howdy

ceaserthethird
12-12-2006, 07:45 PM
yeah these got dam scamers ...... i had a ps3 for sale on e-bay but the seller wanted to pay with paypal.com and use a Credit card ... i clearly stated money order only.....

After many trys ... he gave up and cancel his account ... now i'm stuck with a 31.00 dollars listing fee's

off topic - but these loser's our out their

SYKO
12-14-2006, 12:55 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-Suzuki-QUADRUNNER_W0QQitemZ270067661696QQihZ017QQcategory Z42592QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I like this "great for Ice fishing" ummm it in georgia, a fly can break the ice that forms here, stupid scammers

scooterroo
12-17-2006, 02:43 PM
where does it say its great for ice fishing?