View Full Version : another email ebay scam

mike from long island
12-04-2006, 11:08 PM
this is a new scam peopel over there at the fake ebay send me all the time

Subject: eBay Unpaid Item Dispute #260057487587-- response required
From: "ebay" <aw-confirn@eday.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
eBay Unpaid Item Dispute #260057487587-- response required

Dear member,

eBay member terridawnn has indicated that they already paid for item # 260057487587
Review the submitted details regarding the payment.

Regards,
eBay Internationala AG

they want to you settle a dispute. all it is,is a way to get your information. everything i check the ebay auction # it has been an i-pod!! not even close to what i sell or buy. you gotta watch them they are always coming up with new scams.

Howdy
12-05-2006, 08:44 AM
this is a new scam peopel over there at the fake ebay send me all the time

Subject: eBay Unpaid Item Dispute #260057487587-- response required
From: "ebay" <aw-confirn@eday.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
eBay Unpaid Item Dispute #260057487587-- response required

Dear member,

eBay member terridawnn has indicated that they already paid for item # 260057487587
Review the submitted details regarding the payment.

Regards,
eBay Internationala AG

they want to you settle a dispute. all it is,is a way to get your information. everything i check the ebay auction # it has been an i-pod!! not even close to what i sell or buy. you gotta watch them they are always coming up with new scams.

You have to be smart about your dealings and email. Just look at the return email addy: aw-confirn@eday.com It's ebay not eday. They look close but a watchful eye will spot these differences.

A Very good rule to go by is to type in www.ebay.com and sign into your "My Ebay" page. Then click and go to messages. If ebay sends you any stuff like the email above it will be in there as well.
Howdy

mike from long island
12-05-2006, 01:54 PM
i have yet to answer any of them. you are correct about your personal ebay message center. most of the time i delete all ebay emails and check myebay messages. just letting everyone know about the new scammers. blastards!!!

ceaserthethird
12-12-2006, 07:50 PM
i all ways reply with names and info needed ...

John Doe

twgranger
12-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Im always getting garbage like that.

dgould
12-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Have you ever noticed that every time you get a scammer sending email they always end it with "regards" instead of thank you or whatever. That is what tips me off to them. And yes if it isn't in your 'my ebay' it's fake and don't click on any link in the scammers email or they will suck you dry. Play it safe or they will steal your Christmas money.
Merry Christmas
David Gould

mrlong
12-12-2006, 11:02 PM
I have gotten two e-mails in the last week stateing that the t-shirt I won was shipped. I never bid on any t-shirt! I searched the item number and the auction ended in January '06. I think they want you to respond with the link in the e-mail so they can grab your user name and password. Just an FYI

ceaserthethird
12-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Watch out PayPal.com Sucks also .... if they pay with credit cards they can do a charge back months later ....

dizasterzrfun69
12-15-2006, 05:11 PM
I have gotten two e-mails in the last week stateing that the t-shirt I won was shipped. I never bid on any t-shirt! I searched the item number and the auction ended in January '06. I think they want you to respond with the link in the e-mail so they can grab your user name and password. Just an FYI

hey i got one of those too. dam scammers