PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Pipe for Raptor 660R

BigReds Forever
12-05-2006, 01:18 PM
ok, ive now gotten sniped on multiple pipes for my raptor from ebay, plus their way to expensive. Ive decided to try and make my own. What i need are a few pictures of an aftermarket setup on a quad and some demensions. If anyone can help me out it would be appriciated. heres what i need for measurements

-diamater of headpipe (both at the port and mid way back if its different)
-length of headpipes the where they join
-lenght of "midpipe" (where headers join together to the back of the silencer)
-diamater and lenght of scilencer
-diameter of endcap hole
-anything else you feel in noteworthy
also include the brand of pipe your describing

I know its probebly alot more complicated than im thinking but i wanna give it a shot, thanks for your help.

diggerzmound
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
the problem with making your own pipe is material. To make it out of aluminum takes special tools to fabricate the inlet and outlet. It really wouldn't be worth the hassle.

You can gut your stock pipe, remove your airbox lid and rejet and feel the power difference.

BigReds Forever
12-05-2006, 06:16 PM
I plan on making the header out of stainless and the canister out of aluminum, i can weld aluminum, i have easy access to a lath, and pipe bender, and can get any type of tubing i want. I plan on using a replacement endcap and packing from a big name (dont know which one yet. I know this sounds dumb but i would like to try it. If you are willing to get me some demensions, it would really help.

smokinwrench
12-05-2006, 08:59 PM
You should get on bluetraxx and do the raptor exhaust mods, I know they help a bunch and dang cheap.

BigReds Forever
12-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks for that info, ill check it out, im still interested in makeing my own though to, pretty much just to see if i can do it. Let me know if you got demensions

BigReds Forever
12-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Im on the site and i cant find these "mods" you speak of... a little help?

smokinwrench
12-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Let me see if I can find them or have a guy that done them find it.