PDA

View Full Version : 200x Project

yamaha_tri_z
12-05-2006, 07:12 PM
I am working on a frame off restoration on a 1983-85 Honda 200x. I really need a layout of the bottom end of the motor. I am going to make it Blue, Black, and chrome. The fenders are going to be black, amd the frame and hubs will be blue. The topp end of the engine is going to have all new parts such as piston, rings, valves, valve springs, vavle guides, and valve guides. The cam sproket and chain will be new. Oh, and the cam chain tnesioner and guide. A new coil will go into the wiring. New shock boots will be blue. The seat blue. Handlebars blue. The bottom end will have good used gears, and a new clutch. I was wondering if anybody knew what a good oil would be if it is going to get used hard and long. It will also maybe be used in a little mud. If anybody could tell me anything i need to know. It would be nice. Tell me what you think.:w00t:

jason 32
12-05-2006, 07:43 PM
i use valvoine race oil- i want to try klotz 4 stroke though

SYKO
12-05-2006, 08:14 PM
do you have a 200x already? i have one that I can let go frame/front end/ rear complete/w swinger, junky motor, no electrical but its a start if you dont have anything and your not 20 million miles away

yamaha_tri_z
12-05-2006, 09:01 PM
I would buy it but i live in wisconsin. its a bit of a drive. I have a frame and front end for free and a motor for free to. And i usually use vavaline in my other quads. that is a good oil.