PDA

View Full Version : anyone here live near memphis?

william
10-20-2002, 10:47 AM
looking for some help to find someone I can trust to work on the 125 tri moto I bought...

ATC200X
10-20-2002, 10:56 AM
hey william, im not sure i can help you with your tri-moto but i live in memphis. what kind of problems are you having with it? does it run, have spark, getting gas, have air flow, have compression? those are the major things ya need for it to run. of course they all need to be in the correct proportions but if you have all of them it could be just a matter of tunning.

william
10-20-2002, 11:16 AM
when I bought it a couple of weeks ago it ran but wouldnt idle, so i asked the atv shop in millington how much they wanted to clean the carb and they said $45 an hour and they would soak it for a couple days and would charge me 2 hours of labor. So I thought I could handle cleaning the carb,and tore it down and soaked it for 3 days,and cleaned till it looked like new. Then I but it back on and it idled like a champ!!...Till it started making some grinding like noise and shut off...I think it may have not been getting oil and I am really not the mechanic type and dont want to really mess up the motor as I want to take it some where and have it gone through...called the yamaha dealer and they want $60 an hr...ouch!!! so thats where I am with it.

william
10-20-2002, 06:29 PM
bump

RichinMO
10-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Yeah, the grinding and shutting off thing doesn't sound too good. Do these TriMotos have oil injection or do you premix the oil in the gas?

william
10-20-2002, 09:00 PM
oil injection...but it ran fine before I took off the carb..except for how it idled, the pull starter still turns so I am going to take it somewhere soon...just tring to find the best service at the best price!!

ATC200X
10-21-2002, 06:59 AM
you might check out a place caled "Utility Tractor & ATV". They are located on the corner of Pleasant View and Bartlett Rd in Memphis. Im not sure how there labor rates are but I bought my 200X from them and a few used parts and all were very reasonably priced. It would be worth looking into at any rate.

william
10-21-2002, 08:23 AM
Thanks I will check their rates, I know where they are..I have bought a few sets of tires from performace plus across the street.