PDA

View Full Version : attex 6 wheeler

brapp
12-07-2006, 06:23 PM
ok her eis the deal i picke dup a mid 70's attex 300st 6 wheeler i need 6 tires and they are the one piece tire and rim deal. i am also in need of information on it, i want to get rid of the 300 2 stroker and just drop a 18 horse honda like the concrete mixer type motors anyone have any experiance with these 6 wheelers.

jason 32
12-07-2006, 07:46 PM
can i have the 300???

yamaha_tri_z
12-07-2006, 09:22 PM
do you mean the tire and rim are all one piece or that the tires can only be for a one piece rim. I the tires can only be for a one piece rim you can put two piece rim tires on it and it wont hurt it. I did that to my 200.

brapp
12-08-2006, 12:00 AM
the tires are exactly liek the us 90 tires thier vulcanized to a 3 and half inch wheel and can not be broken down and replaced. thats what i am talking about i gues si am going to have to fabricate adapter plates to run a diffrent bolt patern and use liek a 4 on 110 patern or something.

Howdy
12-08-2006, 09:20 AM
the tires are exactly liek the us 90 tires thier vulcanized to a 3 and half inch wheel and can not be broken down and replaced. thats what i am talking about i gues si am going to have to fabricate adapter plates to run a diffrent bolt patern and use liek a 4 on 110 patern or something.

Get with Mike from http://www.vintagemotorsports.net/ for adapter plates. Then you can run Honda 3 bolt rims.

Howdy

brapp
12-08-2006, 08:34 PM
i was thinkign i can make the plates. it isnt all that hard.lol i know a few peopel who have the materials all i need to do is make a patern. but thanks for your help guys.i really apreciate it. then th ehard part is findign 6 rims to run on it lol but i am thinkign just cheap steel ones from denis kirk or soemthing.

chris200x
12-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Josh. I think SBLT500R here on the boards has one of these and is capable or is already making alot of parts for these things. I had one may moons ago but it was a MAX 2. Man those things are a blast.

Might have to bring that up next summer. We can hit up all those strippin pits fishin with that badboy! itsa boat with 6 wheel drive!!! :Bounce :w00t:

sblt500r
12-08-2006, 10:35 PM
yup, i have one. its a 208tt. mine was one of the cheapo models, but its still fun to drive. but yours has the same body and chassis as mine, just with a bigger engine. mines only a 8hp biggs, and yours is a 300cc jlo 20 hper!

you should still have the baker hill tranny, unless someone changed it out. i make drive pucks for the baker tranny if you need any. its marked atv manufacturing 6000 or 8000.

heres a website you can check out http://www.attexatvs.com/attexhome.htm
there is also a forum heres the link http://actionmachinetool.com/attexatvs/index.php

sblt500r
12-08-2006, 10:40 PM
oh and as for tires, your best bet is to change them over to a 4 bolt, 2 piece rim pattern. you can still get the one piece tires. but in good condition they are expensive. i found out the 21 X 10 X 8 tires work good. 22's will hit the body in the rear. try and get rims that are offset in the middle or turn the rims on backwards. as the tires will be out to far and put to much stress on the axles.

if you want to go fast, you should keep that jlo 300! but a 4 stroke will have more torque. i need to get a bigger engine for mine. the 8hp just doesn't cut it any more

brapp
12-08-2006, 11:38 PM
hey sblt500r if you want the motor out of mine you pay shipping you can have it, i am going to put an 18 horse honda motor in it and i am just going to take a piece of flat round steel and weld it to a rim and drill 3 holes to mount it to the stock hubs. and i am also thinkign 8 inch rim, i know the perfec ttire for it too its liek a small tractor tread they sell for 42 dollars at tsc and ther ar eindestructable, i am going to need alot of help on thi sproject but i dont have alot of money to put in it. i am going to se ewhat i can get as far as a simple 8 inch rim and se ewhat i can get away with

jp212
02-23-2013, 04:16 PM
I know this is a very old thread, but if you want all the old sales brochures, templates for adapter plates, engine and transmission rebuild articles and manuals, and pretty much everything else under the sun for 6 wheelers check out www.6x6world.com It's one of my favorite websites. :)

plastikosmd
02-23-2013, 05:20 PM
I have an 8x8. Go to this site. Www.6x6world.com Good group of helpful people

Oops, as jp said above