PDA

View Full Version : how to fit 2 bikes in one pick-up truck

gravelord
12-07-2006, 09:31 PM
any suggestions on how to fit 2 bikes in one pick-up truck 6 foot bed?
my girl friend has a blaster and i have a atc 250r, i was thinking..
put the blaster in and stand it up on its rear wheels, right up against the back of the bed, 2 ratchet straps on that.
then, my atc 250r put that in backwards, and 2 ratchet straps on that, then tie them both togather with a ratched strap, and one more ratchet strap around the tail gate and the front of my bike
can you picture it? what you think? safe ?
any other ideas on how to load this !?

400exguy
12-07-2006, 09:35 PM
I have seen it done. Matter of fact if Im not mistaken, few people did it at TF and or speedbump's rides. Im sure someone has some good ideas. Or put the two front wheels of the blaster up on the roof of the truck and let the back ones in the bed. Not sure you would have to try a few different things.

yamaha_tri_z
12-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Your Idea sounds fine if you use the ratchet straps. Just doube check everything before you take off.

traxxasx
12-07-2006, 10:09 PM
i fit 2 225dx's and one dirt bike a xr100 in the back of a nissan frontier. so you have no problem.

85hondaatc125m
12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
This is someone from the forums, not sure who but it is pretty cool!

traxxasx
12-08-2006, 01:13 AM
put them both in sideways, now put the front wheel either on the side of the truck bed or hang it over and strap the back down to keep pressure off close tailgate. Or stand both up strap then bith toghther by the frame. strap one on left side and one on right side and one straight in front. Or put one in bacwards put front wheel all they was to side now put the other in regular and put that wheel into the opisite coner it will be like a square.

ATC-Eric
12-08-2006, 01:37 AM
I have had my Tri-Z, and the Warrior in the back end of an S-10 without a tailgate on it. I have a bit of experience with this. We used to do both our warriors in the back of my Chevy full size.

Stand the Blaster on end with the wheels facing the cab, as far forward as it can go. The second bike is a pain, requires up to three people without the help of ramps, or a loading dock. I would put that on end facing the opisite direction as the blaster, so as the wind dosent grab your front fender to bad.

I always use a good three straps per bike minimum. Good luck.

NOS_350X
12-08-2006, 02:22 AM
put the quad in and stand it up, slide it to one side if you can (on fulsized) then the trike front wheel goes on the open side of the quad. Fits good. For 2 trikes, you just put one in backwords and the other in forwards and they fit like a glove.

Louis Mielke
12-08-2006, 08:25 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/louis_mielke/truckload.jpg
This is how we roll from MD!

AS a matter of fact, I've have 3 YTM225dxs, AND an 86 ATC200x in this very pickup. MAn was that a slow trip up the highway. lol

Howdy
12-08-2006, 08:49 AM
As seen at Trikefest03. I was told they wouldn't all fit. But I proved them wrong. The 2.3 4 popper pushed them 65 mph down the Highway on the way home.
Howdy

bassman
12-08-2006, 10:05 AM
This is someone from the forums, not sure who but it is pretty cool!

That would be Chris.

SYKO
12-08-2006, 10:31 AM
I have a 99 f-250 longbed, I have managed to put my R and my gfs blaster, and my buddies blaster in the bed with no probs, dont have a pic though

Lomax
12-08-2006, 02:27 PM
When I had my 93 Ford F-250 my blaster would actually fit inside the bed sideways. All four tires flat on the floor of the bed. then you just roll one up behind it and if you so need to shut the tailgate put the front tire of the ATC on the seat of the blaster (but lay or board or something on there first so you dont rip the seat).

gravelord
12-09-2006, 10:58 AM
lomax, screw that blaster. hope the seat does rip. LOL
makes my shed real cramped having that bike in there with my 250r :(
thanks for all the help guys..... i think ill be trying this out once she gets used to riding a clutch lol