PDA

View Full Version : blackwater vids

jason 32
12-08-2006, 05:50 PM
well i got a new catalog and it has the blackwater vids in it for sale:w00t:
vids 1 - 4 ---$18.95-each
check out JL atv products-1-800-233-2637
i remember some other people looking for them on here so i thought i would let everyone know:beer

the only one i could find before this is the revisited one i already had so im happy lol now i need to order it:Bounce

gravelord
12-09-2006, 10:42 PM
i got it, 2 dvd set. it isnt bad, not many trikes, and they make the 3-wheelers look bad in one part.
gatta love the real cheesey voices and the pink riding gear which was ever so popular.

blue27
12-09-2006, 11:07 PM
HEY HEY HEY, I raced at Blackwater (on a quad) and we liked our pink gear back then!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: Personally I had neon orange.

jason 32
12-10-2006, 03:38 AM
yea i havent got a new one yet ,but i love the older vids-
the neons are great, i grew up looking at them-
granted i wouldn't wear them these days lol they were really cool vibrant .
i would have loved to race that!!!- the blackwater 100
i still havent been told why they quit the 100??? any one know for sure??
do you think they will ever start it up again??
it would be a good drinkin time too, not nessaserilly with the folks there but fun still

TrikeKid
12-10-2006, 03:41 AM
I believe it died because of land changing hands, I saw on Dirt Rider's TV show where they rode up to where part of the course was, that spot is all powerlines with graded roads now.

Mosh
12-10-2006, 10:16 AM
It does not look like it will ever get going again.I am very upset I never got a chance to go.From what I heard they stopped the event becuase of Pollution complaints from the tree huggers.That and the massive amount of people at the river crossing leaving trash lay in the river etc etc.I always wonder when i see a trike or older quad in Ohio,( I bet that sucker ran a BLACKWATER RACE).If only machines could talk and tell you where they have been.

blue27
12-11-2006, 04:15 PM
I was told it was shut down because of tree huggers, ATVs stirring up the mud and killing the fish, ripping up the land, etc etc. But there is a Nucular power plant up stream from there that was not pollutting any....lol. Blackwater was awsome one of the toughest track I raced. Raced it 5 times finished 3 once in the top 30 of close to 400 riders. I am in some of the videos but there seems to be so many compulations now I need to find them all and look for some new footage. One year I was broke down out there (Modified CDI box with rev limited removed shorted out) 19 miles from camp until 8:00 at night when my crew found me and still didn't make it back until 10:00. Glad I didn't wait for the official clean up crew I might still be there. lol

gravelord
12-11-2006, 06:19 PM
anyone have earlier videos of when 3-wheelers raced? if so pm me ill buy a copy of you, or maybe you can hook me up with a copy? i dont mean a original copy just some burnt dvd or something? i already have the trilogy but i want the ones from in the 80s when trikes raced, if anyone has any thing like that...

TimSr
12-11-2006, 08:10 PM
It was closed due to the treehuggers, on the basis that they were "destroying wetlands". The land was, and still is Federal land, national forest. Now you cant even legally have a water crossing! Hey Blue, what yeasr did you run? I ran the last 3, but I was riding 2 wheels. My TriZ was there though, and riding the course the day before the races.

scooterroo
12-11-2006, 10:32 PM
there was the 85 race on here somewheres. howdy was trying to clear it up some so it was better to view, do a search for blackwater 100 and you should find the link.