PDA

View Full Version : Nice '86 Tri moto 200 only $4600!!

Nick_R_23
12-12-2006, 05:37 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Yamaha-TRI-MOTO-200cc_W0QQitemZ250060335054QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6725 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey its near me who else thinks I should go grab this steal of a deal? :lol:

-Nick :TrikesOwn

85hondaatc125m
12-12-2006, 07:14 PM
WOW, thats a heck of a deal, expecially seeing as how it is a 125! You can tell the market is getting better and better when they call a 200 a 125 and then only ask 4600$. Go pick that thing up ASAP Nick! AHahaha, this cracks me up more than the power-band posts.

longbedGTs
12-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Im about to hit 'em with the 'Ill overpay but trust you to send the remainder back' and see what they say.
Yeah....me=bored :)

longbedGTs
12-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Ok, here is my message. Take it easy on me as this is my first attempt at trying to scam a scammer. :)

"Hi, I have a friend who is very interested in this Yamaha, but he does not have computer access, so he has asked me to inquire about it. He is a retired software engineer, and is a collector of these rare machines. He would like to send you a certified cashiers check for 6,000 US dollars to cover shipping expenses as well as the cost of the Yamaha. He asks that you send the remainder back to him at his Miami address. Please let me know if this is satisfactory. Thank you!"

I wonder if I'll get a reply. Does eBay screen messages? If so, I hope they dont think Im really a scammer. :eek:

ATC-Eric
12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Ok, here is my message. Take it easy on me as this is my first attempt at trying to scam a scammer. :)

"Hi, I have a friend who is very interested in this Yamaha, but he does not have computer access, so he has asked me to inquire about it. He is a retired software engineer, and is a collector of these rare machines. He would like to send you a certified cashiers check for 6,000 US dollars to cover shipping expenses as well as the cost of the Yamaha. He asks that you send the remainder back to him at his Miami address. Please let me know if this is satisfactory. Thank you!"

I wonder if I'll get a reply. Does eBay screen messages? If so, I hope they dont think Im really a scammer. :eek:

OMG!!! :lol: Thats a straight flashback for me. When I sold my car on Edmunds, I got about 10 scammers from different countries sending me stuff like that. I have them saved in my email account if anyone wants a really good laugh. I mean some of these are just ridiculous. I actually recieved a check from one of them (obviously bogus) thought about trying to cash it to see where it would go.

ATC-Eric
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Here is one from a guy that gave me a real good laugh. I drug this one out well after the car was sold. It was good fun. This is the first one I got from him.....

Hi,
My name is JOHNSON PAUL, Our Showroom \"The Consultant Sale Company\" based in176 GORDON BARER ROAD,NORTHYORK, ONTARIO, CANADA M2H 2N7.. We buys, resells,Vehicles, Bikes and valuable items.

I presently have a customer who is interested in buying your (2002 VW GOLF )mentioned above and I would like to make an inquiry on the presentcondition / last price you are selling considering the fact that i dont know the facial value and present condition at the moment.
I will appreciate it if you get back to me with informations on the presentcondition / pictures via my email box ..
Thanks and have a great day.