PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial poker run night ride

Derrick Adams
12-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Last year we had a group of about 20 or so riders take off for a night ride and it was wicked fun.

I was thinking that since we will have the poker run already marked out from the morning, maybe those who are interested can get together around 10:00 for a night ride of the poker run course! (this years course will be much longer and challenging, so at night it should be perfect for you advanced riders)

WHAT do YOU think?

Billy Golightly
12-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Don't think your suppose to be riding at all besides the campsites past 9:00PM...

Mrs.Mosh
12-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Last year I believe they gave the TF people (only) permission to ride after hours. I would check with Haspin first, but if it is ok with them, I say.... :w00t:

Kintore
12-12-2006, 03:57 PM
I was told it was ok by alota people to ride at night as long as your out on the trials. Im in for in derrick, and im sure my dad is too. Night riding was wicked, I just gotta make sure to keep my headlight on this time, no more numberplate stuff then having to duct tape to POS flashlights to my helmet lol

brapp
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
i am in if its cool, i waqnanhave a blast this time and pleas ekeep the rain away thistime lol

Billy Golightly
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
I dunno all I'm going by is the rules they have on their site and on the sign when you come in that says no riding from 9PM to 6AM. I know the first couple years TF was there night riding was fine, and encouraged. The first year I was there was the first time they had started the no riding at night rule, and Howdy asked Pete about it because at the time we were not sure if we were allowed to even ride in the camp areas, and he told us the camp site area was OK, but not to go back out in the trails.

I could be wrong though?

Derrick Adams
12-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Guess we'll have to look into it then. I know last year we went, but never gave it a thought.

350Xhilaration
12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm up for it if it's allowed and as long as everyone checks gas levels before we head out ... you know who you are...and yes, that includes me. :rolleyes:

SpeedBump
12-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Duh! LOL....I'm in.

Oh ya, quick little suggestion. I'm not sure, but I think there will be some inexperienced riders out there and for those who don't know, when riding in a group, it is VERY inportant to keep track of the other riders. At night, it is EVEN more important. If you have a rider behind you, Check back ever now and then... if they stop, you stop. The next guy should do the same. If you keep track of the guys following, and somebody has trouble, crash, breakdown and yes, OUTTA FUEL, LOL, nobody will be left behind.

MIK6
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
If camp to camp is legal I am sure we can find someone to "VISIT" that is camping out in the woods. I bet the best way to not get lost is to fallow the poker run signs!!
SOUNDS LEGAL TO ME!!! LOL Anyone think it will hold up in court? LMAO

MIK6 / Mike

Bryan Raffa
12-12-2006, 10:11 PM
If camp to camp is legal I am sure we can find someone to "VISIT" that is camping out in the woods. I bet the best way to not get lost is to fallow the poker run signs!!
SOUNDS LEGAL TO ME!!! LOL Anyone think it will hold up in court? LMAO

MIK6 / Mike

With your Blood Alcohol content I dont think it will hold up mike!,, Got ya...:lol: :lol:

sandpuppi101
12-29-2006, 07:45 AM
It sounds like I'm in on that as long as we are aloud too,I remember last year you guys had a blast and I wish I would have went ,but I opted to just stay at camp and Relax!!!

TimSr
12-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Riding hours are from 6am to 9pm. This has only been in the last couple of years. The reason for this change was that they were getting a lot of flack from the surrounding residents concerning the late night noise. Even though the rule has been in place, they were nice to enough to ignore it for Trikefest to allow us to quietly putt around from camp to camp after hours, provided we wore helmets. IF Haspin managment approves an after hours ride in advance, I am all for it. If they did, Im sure the noisey and obnoxious bikes would have to be barred from it. If they do not give it an okay and it simply becomes taking a privilege, and stretching it to the point of taking advantage of it, I would not want to see it happen. This is how privileges are lost.

atctim
12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm with Tim Sr 100%. Some of my best rides are night rides - so much fun! If we have permission - I'm all for it. Something else nice to think about is this - I do believe you are allowed to camp anywhere on the premises. If so, a nice fire back on the trail somewhere would make a great place to stop and have a few camp fire treats and laughs and provide a nice meeting place! We would just have to plan ahead and get the fire going before dark!

Derrick Adams
12-29-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm sure we could politely ask Pete for permission for a nite ride. Just have to keep the noisy machines at camp I guess.

Dammit!
12-30-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm up for it if it's allowed and as long as everyone checks gas levels before we head out ... you know who you are...and yes, that includes me. :rolleyes:

Check your oil too! :lol:

Louis Mielke
12-31-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm not sure if he was mistaken last year but there was a guy in a SUV who directly told us we could ride at night as long as it was deep in the woods to keep the noise away from the entrance of haspin.

I don't remember the details but I know myself and several others were sitting talking near the dragstrip when this fella pulled up in what I beleive was a chevy blazer. He introduced himself and said he was something to the effect of a security person of sorts and said we could ride at night but only in the woods.

I don't remember who was sitting there with me but I remember it distinctly and I would think a few others should be able to vouch also.

seadoo650
12-31-2006, 05:58 PM
I was there Loius. Yes the guy was the night security. He even went back and asked Pete to be sure, cause we all thought you could'nt ride at night. Our night outing last year was legit. As for this year, I would have to agree we get permission from Pete so there is no confusion.

crazyflights
06-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Im am so in, I love riding at night, dont leave with out me. As long as we get permission, which with the amount of people that trike fest draws to this place i cant see them turning it down, as long as in the woods, not out on like drag strip.

03 ORANGE SHEE
06-16-2007, 12:24 PM
well i quess the quadzilla with the outframe drag pipe is outa the question for this. ill have to keep it in the basement with them quarter sticks!

freaksfix
06-17-2007, 02:37 PM
well i quess the quadzilla with the outframe drag pipe is outa the question for this. ill have to keep it in the basement with them quarter sticks!

im looking for more but im not having any luck...