PDA

View Full Version : horrable night for trikes

NOS_350X
10-20-2002, 03:43 AM
well i was stayin at my friends house (out in the country) firday night and we hear motercycle moter sounds so we run out and start watchin them there where 2 quads and they where 2 stroke thats about all we could tell because they where turning around right before they got to us so we jump in his car and drive down there and i ask them if i can look at there rides so where sittin there talkin to them about there rides there was 2 banshees and a 1973 100cc suzuki dirtbike bored out to a 125 converted to a atc and it had no light there was also a 350x and the guy offered to sell it to me for $1500 and it had all been rebuilt well anyways the guy with the suzuki needed gas so one of the guys with a banshee filled him up and he took off down the road and one of the banshees followed him they take there run down there and come back then they went back down the 350x and the other banshee took off as i'm watching the 350 (cuz i'm intersted in buyin it) about half way down i see the suzuki in his headlight then crash (the suzuki was as fast as it could go and the 350 was in 4th mid throttle they) i take off running down there as soon as i get there one of the guys on the bahshees is there one of they guys is concious the other one is laying there and looks like a snake (definently dead) and the guy calls 911 and i talk to the opperator anyways the guy on the 350 has no skin on the back of his hand, 2 fingers that no longer exist, and a shattered feamer (upper leg) the guy on the suzuki was pronounced dead when the parametics got there all of his inside organs where crushed together and his brain was mashed together also

i just thought i would tell u all this as a reminder there are several lessions u can learn from it
-ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET
-WHEN RUNNING AT NIGHT ALWAYS HAVE A HEADLIGHT
-DONT DRINK AND RIDE

the guy that died was 36 and left a wife and two kids (8 and 11)
the other guy was 21

sorry this is so horrably written but i am in a hurry and its late i just am trying to remind every one BE SAFE

jeswinehart
10-20-2002, 06:24 AM
that is real sad + probbly a 100 times worse to have been there.
where did this happen at NOS_350X ?

john

OldSchoolin86
10-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Eye opener, sad, and disturbing. Sorry you had to witness such a horrible event. You say the guy left a wife. Sometimes I worry about leaving my soon to be wife. It's thoughts like this and a personal accident I was in that has changed my riding additude for life. I still know that I'm never 100% safe out there. I never cared when I was younger.

NOS_350X
10-20-2002, 01:38 PM
that is real sad + probbly a 100 times worse to have been there.
where did this happen at NOS_350X ?

john

ya it is sad i cant explan how bad it was when i saw the guy laying there and knowing there wasnt anything i could do
it happened between town called kingsburg and handford

NOS_350X
10-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Eye opener, sad, and disturbing. Sorry you had to witness such a horrible event. You say the guy left a wife. Sometimes I worry about leaving my soon to be wife. It's thoughts like this and a personal accident I was in that has changed my riding additude for life. I still know that I'm never 100% safe out there. I never cared when I was younger.

in a way i'm glad it happened i needed to see it because i was doin some perty stupid things on my dirtbike and 350 and now i will definently change my attitude about riding

Howdy
10-20-2002, 03:03 PM
It's sad to have such things happen.

I too used to ride like it was my last day on earth. How ever the loss of a few friends and a cuple kids later safety is on my mind as much as having a good time. It's a balance you learn ( Fun & Safety ).

Curtis-Tecate3
10-21-2002, 08:58 AM
Howdy and all. In response to Howdy's Balance sentence let me second that statement. I know alot of the others on this board are quite a bit younger that Howdy & myself but I have also learned to adopt this balancing act that Howdy has described. Once upon a time when I was younger and without wife & children I would always gas it first and ask questions later. Nothing was impossible to conquer. Now that I am older and supposedly wiser I have a slightly different outlook. Now any threatening decision that I make in life directly affects the lives of others that depend on me 100% to be there for them. I know it sounds corny to the younger crowd but please ride responsibly and wear all the safety gear that you can afford. I have known and witnessed people die on ATVs as well as racing karts and sometimes the adrenaline rush is just not worth losing your life over.. And no I have not stopped doing the things that give me the same rush, I just stay a milimeter or 2 on this side of the limit and I take all the safety measures that I can. Also I dont let alcohol cloud my judgement or inflate my ego when riding. I know 2 friends that have had this problem and one is no longer alive and the other has permanent facial damage. BTW neither one had a helment on that would have prevented the accident with facial damage but probably not he broken neck...

Wear a helment.

Curtis

TimSr
10-21-2002, 03:15 PM
I cant echo the last two posts enough. All I can add is my own experience. Ive always ridden street bikes but after losing a 3rd friend in street bike accidents in a 6 year period I decided that Id prefer to stay in the dirt where youre a lot more likley to get back up again. I sold my CB750F about 7 years ago. I didnt give it up because of fear for my safety. I have the right to take whatever risks I want, but I dont have the right to risk my child growing up fatherless. Maybe someday Ill take up street riding again, after hes grown, but for now Ill keep myself reasonably safe.

350Xccelerator
06-06-2003, 11:44 PM
that totally sux i know two kids that have gotten into accidents one on a 250r the other on a kx80, the kid on the 250r fell in a ditch and now he's paralysed, the other kid crashed into a wall broke his neck and died. People have to stop showing off so much.

kyle
06-07-2003, 12:11 AM
there was a kid paralized on a quad a few towns over from me, his mom commited suicide because of it. so it goes to show you that if you have the attitude, ( oh well its my body, my life) it also effects people who are close to you.

Joel85350X
06-07-2003, 12:59 AM
As an echo of Tim, Howdy, Curtis, and Oldschool, I have changed my riding as well. Some of my friends are a little down on me for not doing some of the crazy and outlandish things that I did in the past on an ATV, but I can't risk leaving everything I have to live for. When I was young and unmarried, I had only my 200X and myself to live for, now I have a wife and I am a 23 yr old (I'm not THAT old :) ) with a degree, another on the way, and a huge future. (I hope) NOS, I am saddened to hear about this tragedy, but take from it what you can, everything happens for a reason, and this one has a lesson to go along with it that is strong enough to leave unspoken.

Rod
06-07-2003, 01:05 AM
I agree completely with the eye opener thing. I always wear my helmet. My wife is due to have our first baby in a week or so (due on june 13th) I wiped out on memorial day on my quad. Looped it out & took a pretty hard hit but the quad took it worse but the first thing I thought of was I am glad I had my helmet on. A friend of ours had there son get killed in a very slow wreck. He was riding back to the house for lunch on his quad when the front spindle broke & sent him over the bars with the rest following . He hit his head on the ground & the bike smashed into the back of his head & he died. He was only about 12. You can NEVER be to careful. Sorry to here about the accident. The only good thing that you can say is maybe people will start wearing protective gear.

Darius1502
06-07-2003, 02:49 AM
May God be with the injured and the familes of those who have passed tonite. May thier souls rest in peace.

This is so unnecessary...it really saddens me so much. This is not the way our sport is supposed to me....

PLEASE EVERYONE WEAR A HELMET, RIDE CAREFULLY, DON'T RIDE AT NIGHT WITH A BUNCH OF YOUR CRAZY BUDDIES!

I am deeply saddened by this...

NOS_350X
06-07-2003, 03:13 AM
that was so long ago that i posted this but i still think about it often

yamaha200E
06-07-2003, 05:52 PM
hey im only 14 and i always wear a helmet. all my friends dont but they are just dumb jackarses and think that not wearing a helmet is cool. but after my first wreck(thank god that my dad made me wear my helmet)i learned to wear it. kyle

Russell 350X
06-08-2003, 10:36 PM
May God help those who mourn him.

I had a accident over the winter that made me start to wear my helmet. I was doin dounuts on a ice patch behind my house and it caught a patch of grass with my back tire, and flipped my over. But I was not wearing my helmet and smacked my head on the ice. I didn't think i was going to get back up. That taught me to wear my helmet EVERY TIME I RIDE!

STUPID HURTS

I to am saddened by this and everyone should weat proper riding gear.

Albino
06-09-2003, 12:34 PM
I wasn't aware that helmets were optional when riding.

I had a accident over the winter that made me start to wear my helmet. [img]That statement alone makes me sad.......trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro !

Russell 350X
06-09-2003, 03:50 PM
shut up, trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, i was just making a point! :evil: