PDA

View Full Version : Me vs. the 4 wheeler clowns

Rando Talbot
04-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Thats right, I am taking on a whole group of 4 wheeler guys this weekend. I have to put up my 85 250R against a 86 TRX, Raptor, Mod 400EX, LT500, Wolverine and a couple of Polaris's not worth mentioning.

The only guy I worry about is the guy on the 500(if he can race without blowing his motor). He is also a crazy ass, so that doesnt help.

I am not to worried.

P.S. The TRX guy raced the 400EX last Sunday and smoked it in a drag, and when the TRX guy told the Raptor "you're next", he declined! Pussy.

ATC crazy
04-16-2003, 02:23 PM
You better watch out for the 500 and the TRX. Not so much the TRX but it will be close.

HemiChallenger71
04-16-2003, 04:56 PM
WTF is done to your trike?!?!?!?!?!?!

Rando Talbot
04-16-2003, 05:52 PM
WTF is done to your trike?!?!?!?!?!?!

Not much. Its bored 0.060" with a fresh top end and thats about it. I have been desperately searching eBay for a pipe and carb, to give me an edge, but I keep losing auctions. I just put an order in for a new Fatty last night (buddy gets them for cost).

Luckily, the rest of them are stock, except for the EX.

I already admitted to the 500 guy he is probably a little quicker, so its a win-win for me. If I win, I can talk trash for years, if I lose, well Jeez - its a 250 vs a 500, what do you expect?

J.D.
04-16-2003, 07:14 PM
Good luck to you. Womp 'em!!!

200x Basket
04-16-2003, 07:46 PM
you better get sopme tires for traction in whatever ground you are on. you should beat the 500. a trx 500 will be a close race for a lt500 8) i think it will also be very rider dependent.

Jeb
04-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Hey Rando, you also need twist Rondo's arm (or anything else you can twist) :-D to get him to wrench some of his magic into your ATC 'R motor!!

This reminds me of strange event I witnessed on a stormy Texas summer afternoon way back '00. It was your normal everyday drag race at a local cycle park. The players, almost the same as what your up against. That day I saw a brand new Polaris Scrambler 500 BEAT an LT500R with a pipe 4 out of 4 drag races. It also beat a piped 85 ATC 250R and a beautiful stock 85 Tri-Z.

Forget the rest, Beware the Polaris!!

Actually, the LT500 had motor problems, as did the ATC. If I remember right, It had to be hauled back to the trucks. The Tri-Z was great, I would blame it's losses on the rider as he ran a very close second each time. There was an 86 Tecate (mine) there too, but it had been returned to the safety of the back of the pickup when the ignition failed on it earlier in the day. It was a strange day.

Your only worries should be the LT and the TRX. Even if they win, theres no shame in running with them. Good Luck

Rando Talbot
04-17-2003, 12:43 PM
Forget the rest, Beware the Polaris!!

Sounds like a race about who had the most traction. I will watch out for the Polaris guys. One of them has a Scrambler. I didnt think much of them because I went riding with 2 of them when I had my old KDX200. I was NOT impressed. Actually one of the Scramblers snapped a Connecting Rod. What a joke.

The TRX has new Holeshots on the rear, my ATC has a set of "Fleet Farms" on the back (I am not sure if Fleet Farm is national - if not, the MN guys will know what Im talking about).

It will be tough, but Ill play some "Eye of the Tiger" on Sat. morning. Ill be ready.

TimSr
04-17-2003, 04:59 PM
I guess maybe Im the only one who thinks so, but Ive found the Quadzilla to be totally and completely unimpressive, and Ive had no problem taking them in the holeshot with my stock 86 TRX250R. The biggest threat to me by stock quads from the gate to the first corner is Raptors, and Predators which consistantly seem to have slight edge. The 440 kitted 400EX wont do it, but it comes close. One guy runs a decked out for MX Scrambler, and runs very well, and usually beats me, but he doesnt take me on the holeshot.

Andrew
04-17-2003, 06:24 PM
good luck,beat those quads! it will be another star for trikes -D

PowerTrike
04-17-2003, 10:49 PM
Hey. :) Thats awsome. Waste all the quads. Where in MN are you??? I'm in Pequot Lakes (north of Brainerd) I hardly ever see 250rs for sale here.

Curtis-Tecate3
04-18-2003, 09:32 AM
Tim, I am with you on the LT500. I have yet to see one run anywhere near what a 500cc 2-stroke should be. I have beaten 2 different LT500's on a basically stock 86 Tecate and was unimpressed to say the least. I have read many stories in magazines about fire breathing LT500s but sure have never seen one in real life....

Curtis.

Rando Talbot
04-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Hey. :) Thats awsome. Waste all the quads. Where in MN are you??? I'm in Pequot Lakes (north of Brainerd) I hardly ever see 250rs for sale here.

Im in the the Cities, but we plan on riding up by Fort Ripley. I am not sure where, the other guys know where the place is. Yes 250R's are a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to find in MN. I looked for months until I found this one. I found some in ND, WI, Chicago, etc. but none here! I finally found one not far from me and I went down and snapped it up. I had to pay $3000 for it!(The trike plus I needed to promise to buy new dining room chairs for the wife). She said " You are not getting a stupid 3 wheeler, unless I get chairs. " Fine. Its a Deal.

PowerTrike
04-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Im in the the Cities, but we plan on riding up by Fort Ripley. I am not sure where, the other guys know where the place is. Yes 250R's are a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to find in MN. I looked for months until I found this one. I found some in ND, WI, Chicago, etc. but none here! I finally found one not far from me and I went down and snapped it up. I had to pay $3000 for it!(The trike plus I needed to promise to buy new dining room chairs for the wife). She said " You are not getting a stupid 3 wheeler, unless I get chairs. " Fine. Its a Deal.

LOL! sounds like a good deal to me. Have fun riding by Fort Ripley. I've never rode around there but a freind of mine has, he said that there are some pretty good trails around there. I saw a 85 250R described in: like new condition a little while back in the local paper which is something that i never hardly see. It was so tempting. Unfortunatly I need to buy a new car/truck soon so.... bummer. I'll keep looking when i get some more extra $. Welcome to the Board.

Later. -Nick

Yamaha_Rules69
04-18-2003, 08:53 PM
I wish I lived closer, I would love to race if I had my wussy little 200x going. LOL. It would be fun enough just to watch the race. Nice trike too by the way. Hope you win man.

"theres no shame in loosing to quads that are double the engine size, and 20 years newer"

250sxRacer
04-24-2003, 09:08 PM
i have these two freinds one has an 85 r and the other has a lt500r and they r both really good riders and have been riding for many years and the guy on the r will beat the guy on the 500 almost everytime. hopes this helps trailprotrailpro convidence. :-D

bbechtel16
04-27-2003, 01:43 PM
I dont know if I would call shawn a really good rider... ;) David says the R is faster in the short stuff and the LT500 is quicker on the long stretches.

Rando Talbot
04-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Well, we went last weekend. The 400EX was a joke. He has an Edelbrock carb and White Bros exhaust, very nice machine, just couldnt keep up with the 85 250R. Polaris 400 Sport. Joke. Got killed by the 400EX AND a Warrior! My buddies TRX 250R, about even with me. The LT 500 guy blew his motor again so he didnt go.

The best part of the ride is when we came to a big mudhole. All the big 4x4 guys (Grizzly 660's, Polaris twins, etc) were going thru, some getting stuck. All of the 2x4's (Warriors, Kawa 400, Blasters) were just watching. So I told my buddy "Watch, this old 3 wheeler will go through just as much trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro as those Grizzlys" Well I was wrong. A 250R CANNOT go through as much mud as a Grizzly. I learned the hard way. I got the most cheers though (I made it 90% of the way). I had to get winched out.

Sorry, no pics.

bbechtel16
04-28-2003, 10:56 PM
The LT 500 guy blew his motor again so he didnt go.

No way!!! A Suzuki motor blowing up?!?!?! :D :D :D :D :D