PDA

View Full Version : what could i get....

aquapunk
12-20-2006, 02:12 AM
what kind of quad do ya'll think i could get for an even trade? my trike is in my sig.

MRPoopie
12-20-2006, 08:18 AM
i would try to get a used 400ex or a z400 (or its clones kfx400 dvx400) both are very good bikes

you can get them for a about 2000 around here still in good condition

EDIT: just looked at pics of your 200 looks very nice maybe ebay the bike and see what you get

(****DO NOT TYPE AROUND THE WORD FILTERS!!!!****)<- sorry?

aquapunk
12-20-2006, 10:36 PM
what years?

MRPoopie
12-21-2006, 02:27 AM
Well the older 400ex's are good but from 05 and up honda put reverse on them. Thats something to think about makes things alot easier when you get stuck in a mud hole.
I dont really know much about the 400ex except its a honda and that means its rock solid. A buddy of mine has one and they are really good, handle great make really good power.

As for the z400 i see them go for cheap on Ebay. BUT the 2003's and 2004's have problems with the frame cracking (if you ride them REALLY HARD) so if you find one look for cracks or flaked/chipped paint around the upper shock mounts. the 2005's and early 2006's have a magnesium clutch that corodes from coolant and messes up your motor.
http://www.atvsport.com/forum.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17568619.cfm

i would lean more towards an 03-04 z400 (kfx400 dvx400) they are watercooled make a little bit more power than the honda and are pretty sick looking but thats just me

P.S. STAY AWAY FROM YAMAHA! raptors yfz 450's and alot of there newer bikes are garbage this is more fact than opion

firefirefire90
12-21-2006, 03:03 AM
I doubt you willl get an even trade for that 200...it is nice..but worth tops 1000. Most Suzuki 400's cost 2800+ and same with the 400ex's. Doubt anyone will want to trade a good working quad for a 200x.

ATC-Eric
12-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Ill trade you my 1998 Warrior for it :lol:

MRPoopie
12-21-2006, 03:11 AM
i never said trade it

i told him to sell it on ebay

and by the way

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Arctic-Cat-ATV-DVX-400_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6726QQihZ014QQitemZ 330065013208QQrdZ1

aquapunk
12-21-2006, 03:11 AM
eric, if you were serious, i'd jump on it, lol

MRPoopie
12-21-2006, 03:13 AM
no offense but the warriors suck which are the same as raptor 350

aquapunk
12-21-2006, 03:18 AM
im not lookin for anything but a trail rider right now. im in college and stuff is EXPENSIVE, lol. im just wanting something to putt around on for now, until i graduate.

smokinwrench
12-21-2006, 09:01 AM
I would say for even trade an older Warrior wich is a good trail machine. Like was mentioned best bet might be to sell yours then buy a machine. I would guess your 200 to be worth the $1,000 range and there are many quads out there forsale for $1,000.

P.S. STAY AWAY FROM YAMAHA! raptors yfz 450's and alot of there newer bikes are garbage this is more fact than opion

Seems to me you hate Yamaha. I hope you know the Warrior is the best selling quad ever. That says something for it.

thefox
12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Does the 200x run yet? A non running trike is not worth a whole lot compaired to a quad.

ATC-Eric
12-21-2006, 02:04 PM

Compared to what? You ever riden or owned one? They are great trail bikes. They are in no way meant for the track unless you build them up. When mine had the ITP rims, and with the suspension it has I was clearing triples and tabletops with eaise, when my brothers Warrior was bottoming out and tearing itself up.

Warriors are tanks. Besides, they made them for over 15 years without any major changes. They had to have had something right.

400exguy
12-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Not busting on the warrior or anything...but when stated that its a tank, thats no lie. They are heavy as all get up. However they are a pretty good woods machine.

aquapunk
12-21-2006, 04:00 PM
ive got the x to start, by rolling down my driveway and popping it into 2nd gear. but it didnt run like it should. so im thinking rather than it being timing, it might be a valve stuck. i was told it backfiring while kicking it is a good sign of a stuck valve. i dont know what it takes to fix that, but its across town in our shop, and i haven't messed with it in about a month.

aquapunk
12-21-2006, 09:30 PM
so if anyone would like to trade, PLEASE let me know

smokinwrench
12-21-2006, 09:33 PM
How much would you sell it for the way it sets right now? I have been working down your way some. Right now I am tentativly scheduled be be back down by Sun Ray on Jan 2nd.

mean350
12-21-2006, 09:39 PM
i had a stuck valve on my 350x. would not start at all. i draged it up the road with a truck until it fired up. it was fine after that.

aquapunk
12-21-2006, 09:51 PM
how much are you willing to pay for it? im not exactly sure on a price, but ive been told by quite a few people, even in this thread, that its worth at least $1000.

MRPoopie
12-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Compared to what? You ever riden or owned one? They are great trail bikes. They are in no way meant for the track unless you build them up. When mine had the ITP rims, and with the suspension it has I was clearing triples and tabletops with eaise, when my brothers Warrior was bottoming out and tearing itself up.

Warriors are tanks. Besides, they made them for over 15 years without any major changes. They had to have had something right.

my friend had one and blew the motor and then he put a 84 250r motor in it still not done but looks sweet

but i have had a few yami trikes(tri motos and stuff) and i dont really like them from the expirences i have had with them.alot of the newer bikes yamaha makes dont really last that long a buddy of mine works at a shop and that the majority of bikes he gets in are messed up raptors and yfz's

its just my opinion so dont take it into offense

smokinwrench
12-21-2006, 11:42 PM
how much are you willing to pay for it? im not exactly sure on a price, but ive been told by quite a few people, even in this thread, that its worth at least $1000.

Yeah that is $1,000 running. I'm not buying and selling it, so you tell me a price.

aquapunk
12-21-2006, 11:43 PM
i think its all in how you treat them. not saying that there isn't defects, because there are. but i think if you know the limits of your bike and yourself, you should be ok. i havent had any problems with my trikes, other than stuff that what is my fault. im pretty sure it could survive me. i dont do mx style riding. actually, i have no idea what "triples and tabletops" are. i like trudging through mud and water, climbing hills, ya know, basic trail riding.

aquapunk
12-21-2006, 11:49 PM
ok, well i'd say i'll start negotiating at $1000.

OldSchoolin86
12-21-2006, 11:59 PM
ok, well i'd say i'll start negotiating at $1000.
No offence but you're way off base for a machine that barely runs. Get back to the real world and try starting at $500 and be willing to go down.

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 12:08 AM
well, oldschoolin, i didnt know a price to start at. i put up a post about a month ago, listing everything it had, came with, and was wrong with it. i gave pictures also. that is what i was told would be a good place to start at. i didnt know what it was worth, and thats what our fellow 3WW members told me. its not like im telling everyone i have the rarest trike around or the fastest. it needs some minor adjustments.

OldSchoolin86
12-22-2006, 12:15 AM
well, oldschoolin, i didnt know a price to start at. i put up a post about a month ago, listing everything it had, came with, and was wrong with it. i gave pictures also. that is what i was told would be a good place to start at. i didnt know what it was worth, and thats what our fellow 3WW members told me. its not like im telling everyone i have the rarest trike around or the fastest. it needs some minor adjustments.Don't get me wrong here but if it's not running then it's not worth half of what it could be. Currently you don't have much to work with untill it's easy to start.

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 12:20 AM
i've been busy, so i havent got to mess with it. im just wanting to get rid of it. i just put it up just in case someone happened to want something like it.

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 12:23 AM
and besides, im really wanting to trade, rather than selling. unless someone threw a price i liked.

OldSchoolin86
12-22-2006, 12:28 AM
and besides, im really wanting to trade, rather than selling. unless someone threw a price i liked.That's what I'm getting at though, you'll be lucky to get a ragged out LT230 for that thing right now.

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 12:31 AM
alright, well thanks for coming in and bashing my trike. nothing like having someone mildy interested in it and someone else coming in and taking it down a notch or two.

OldSchoolin86
12-22-2006, 12:35 AM
alright, well thanks for coming in and bashing my trike. nothing like having someone mildy interested in it and someone else coming in and taking it down a notch or two.
LOL, whatever dude! There's nothing to take offence from here. It's just a fact that you need to get it running good before you can possible expect anything proper for it. Even when you do get it running good you still won't get a lot of quad for trade. Quads just carry a heavy price tag.

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 12:52 AM
well, i dont expect " a lot of quad," as the title stated "what could i get." im asking what could i get, not demanding anything. i dont know why you decided that appraising my 3 wheeler was beneficial to the "what could i get" conversation. thats all i asked, "what could i get," not "is my 3 wheeler REALLY woth what people told me?"

OldSchoolin86
12-22-2006, 01:09 AM
well, i dont expect " a lot of quad," as the title stated "what could i get." im asking what could i get, not demanding anything. i dont know why you decided that appraising my 3 wheeler was beneficial to the "what could i get" conversation. thats all i asked, "what could i get," not "is my 3 wheeler REALLY woth what people told me?"
My god man are you serious??? YOU started talking about it's worth, not me.

Now first of all if this is a serious classified ad looking for a trade then it's in the wrong forum. Second how can you not see a connection between the worth of your machine and what you could get in trade for it??? Get real man, you're just upset because I was honest and told you the truth. Sorry nobody else would do it.

To answer the question, you could get another non running machine like a Mojave, 250x, blaster or an LT230.

On another note...............get some tougher skin man! There's no way you should have been offended by my posts especially considering YOU came to a public forum asking what YOU could get for it.
:rolleyes:

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
he asked, so i told him what others have told me, i didnt start saying it was worth anything

no, its not a classified ad, i asked "what could i get" COULD being the operative word

as for your answer to my question: THANK YOU, thats all i wanted to get out of this post

im not offended, its just that when your the only one saying its worth jack sh**, and everyone else is telling me 750 and up, ive got to wonder who is right, the one guy, or the majority....

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 01:20 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=59871

if you wanted to tell me how much its worth, that ^^^ was your chance

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 01:23 AM
well, back to what was going on before, smokinwrench, tell me if $1000 is way too much. i start there, and we can negotiate, i wont turn down a reasonable price

OldSchoolin86
12-22-2006, 01:27 AM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=59871

if you wanted to tell me how much its worth, that ^^^ was your chance
One person said 1K the other obviously said $750 to be nice considering he also mentioned $300 as a common local figure. I'm honestly not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just saying get it running so you can get your 1K.

well, back to what was going on before, smokinwrench, tell me if $1000 is way too much. i start there, and we can negotiate, i wont turn down a reasonable price
He already told you it was too much. :lol: And he said he wasn't going to buy it too.

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 01:30 AM
the "other x's goin for $300" are disassembled, thats if they have an engine and dont have extra tires and rims

OldSchoolin86
12-22-2006, 01:33 AM
the "other x's goin for $300" are disassembled, thats if they have an engine and dont have extra tires and rims
No where did he say that and unless I'm just in some lucky part of the world a project x can be picked up for under $150 all day.

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 01:43 AM
dude, seriously, just drop it. i know its fun for you to come in and ***DO NOT TYPE AROUND THE WORD FILTERS*** with my post but seriously.... its getting old. i think if your trying to prove a point, you shouldve made it long ago. i dont know why you feel better about yourself by talking sh** on other peoples stuff. i mean i know that nobody has the quality of atv's that you do. but thats no reason to come back repeatedly and talk down on my stuff. i asked one f'n question.

OldSchoolin86
12-22-2006, 01:47 AM
dude, seriously, just drop it. i know its fun for you to come in and f**k with my post but seriously.... its getting old. i think if your trying to prove a point, you shouldve made it long ago. i dont know why you feel better about yourself by talking sh** on other peoples stuff. i mean i know that nobody has the quality of atv's that you do. but thats no reason to come back repeatedly and talk down on my stuff. i asked one f'n question.
I'm not talking down about your stuff and if you want me to stop posting then stop returning with dumb comments. FYI if you'd get the coal out of your eyes you'd be able to read that I think your ride is worth something if YOU JUST GET IT RUNNING. Nobody cares if you haven't had time to work on it. The fact still remains that currently it's not going to be worth much in a trade.

Have a good night..............

aquapunk
12-22-2006, 01:54 AM
well, i DONT HAVE THE TIME TO GET IT RUNNING, i ASKED TO SEE WHAT I COULD GET, to see if i could get something else, or if i should just keep it in storage to mess with it. i like how you play both sides of the field, first you tell me all of the ***DO NOT TYPE AROUND THE WROD FILTERS*** then come back with "i think its worth something....." i dont care what its worth, if i wanted to know that, i'd ask, like i already have. i replied with where i got my figures from when you said it was worth 500, you didnt have to keep on with your replies. i just let you know that im not trying to be greedy or unrealistic.

TimSr
12-22-2006, 03:01 PM
First, this became a classified the moment you started negotiating, and I am locking it. I also have a pet peeve about people, trying to slip a classified into other forums in a "what's it worth" post.

2nd Stop posting up profanity by typing around the word filters.

3rd, what people say a trike is worth, and what tehy are actually willing to fork out and pay for one are two different things. Go to ebay and search completed auctions and you will find that some people gave you very good info on what a 200x is worth. $600-$850 is realistic for a nice one in good running condition.

What quads sell in that price range? Older Blasters, 230 Quadsports, and older Mojaves, and older Polaris's. Even a 250X starts at about 1K. Most other models would have to have serious problems or be a basket case to sell in that range.

If youd like to offer up your trike in a trade, you can repost in the classifieds.