PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Scam!

atctim
12-20-2006, 10:00 AM
I am sure that once in a while the majority of you guys get a junk mail stating that you are being contacted to recieive 15 million dollars from some guy's father who just died in Africa. It's a big long story but in the end they want you to have the 15 million transfered to your account to get it out of their country.

Long story short, I like jacking these guys around - playing with them to waste their time. I have interaction with one of these scammers right now. I made a request that he sends me a picture of him to know that there is a real person on the other end. My request was to have him wearing a red shirt and holding a piece of paper that he wrote on saying "Tim Keister Likes 3 wheelers"

Well - with enough pleaing and bargining he has sent it. I will frame this and hang it in my garage... LOL the whole story it too funny. If anyone knows how to transfer a word doc to a PDF, let me know - I'll email it to you and we can post it up here to read. It is currently 23 pages of back and forth - I actually really insult him, but he keeps coming back to me because he has hope he will soon be getting $1380 from me to give to the lawyer to start the legal processes.

Without further ado - here is my newest wall hanging for my garage!:lol:

Howdy
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
I think I can convert them to a PDF file. 4howdy@bright.net ;)

You should send it to Garry Burbank ( 700 WLW ). He was messing with a like scammer last week on his radio show. Funny as crap.
Howdy

longbedGTs
12-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Say you still dont believe him and have him write something else.
Have it say "I know this is a scam"
Also, let them know that their counterparts on eBay need to come up with a different scheme. :rolleyes:
www.bustedupcowgirl.com has some stories about the 411 scams or whatever theyre called.

Rm250RF900R
12-20-2006, 11:42 AM
I actually started laughing out loud when I saw that picture :lol:

3 weelin geezer
12-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I think you need the adobe software that you pay for (in itself a scam) to be able to convert that to a pdf. have you tried to just attach it. :wondering I wish I had kep the picture of Dawn Kawelsi now. He was an older man aroun 50-60 in a cheap business soot with a striped tie. Kinda reminded me of that guy that comes out in Conana as the snake king. Except with short hair. :lol:

200x Basket
12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
that is too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATC-Eric
12-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Awesome man!!!!!!!! I have dealt with my fair share, that is just absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!

bigredhead
12-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Lol.. i seen something like that on 20/20. on TV.. huge thing in africa right now.. scam scam scam... for christ sakes.....

That picture is worth framing tho.. lol.. love it.

XTrumpX
12-20-2006, 02:39 PM
It's a big long story but in the end they want you to have the 15 million transfered to your account to get it out of their country.
What! They only offered you 15 million? Geez, I had this guy wanting to send me 25 million, and all I had to do was give him my bank account number so they could wire it. I even called him from work and spoke with him. All I heard was a bunch of chickens in the background.

Howdy
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Well if everything works properly, then here is a link to ATCTIM"S Messing with a Scammer (http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/4Howdy/ATCTIM%20FUN_WITH_PHISHING_SCAMMERS.pdf)
Howdy

darrel632
12-20-2006, 02:46 PM
send it to me I have adobe proffesional read write it takes 10 seconds to convert it.

ScottZJ
12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
I usually just send an attachment that is an .exe file and say "that all my information is attached to this file but it must be downloaded first to view it. This will keep anyone from getting my private information." THen they click on the exe and load it and it asks to reboot, they reboot and get a black screen that says NO OS found............
:lol: :lol:

Kintore
12-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Thats awesome Tim!

What to play it up, lol!

Macs
12-20-2006, 03:49 PM
That is freakin hilarious. I am intrested if he contacts you back

longbedGTs
12-20-2006, 03:58 PM
I usually just send an attachment that is an .exe file and say "that all my information is attached to this file but it must be downloaded first to view it. This will keep anyone from getting my private information." THen they click on the exe and load it and it asks to reboot, they reboot and get a black screen that says NO OS found............
:lol: :lol:

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/images/smilies/ooer.gif I like that one even better!

SYKO
12-20-2006, 04:32 PM
check out this site!!!

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

CorbinKale
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Good job, Tim! That whole exchange is hilarious. :lol:

Banage
12-20-2006, 05:10 PM
why not take the 15 million and get one?

Banage
12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
thats so funny. how many days are these mails over.

atctim
12-20-2006, 05:20 PM
thats so funny. how many days are these mails over.

about one month at this time. Keep in mind - it is not over yet. I am wondering how I should end it:naughty:

jsimonh
12-20-2006, 07:57 PM
WOW:eek: ! That was alot of reading, but I just kept on laughing and laughing:lol: . TO FUNNY!

Howdy
12-20-2006, 08:10 PM
about one month at this time. Keep in mind - it is not over yet. I am wondering how I should end it:naughty:
Send him a link to this thread. lmao
Howdy

dgould
12-20-2006, 09:02 PM
That is awsume, Tim likes three wheelers. I can't hardly type laughing about this thread. Keep him going. I hope you don't lose any more cows waiting on the money...

bp739
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
You should send him $1380 in Monopoly money or some other kind of play money...:p

Dirtcrasher
12-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Mentally retarded steak house workers!! OMG that is too dam funny, great job!!!

Billy Golightly
12-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Two words: :TrikesOwn

foster
12-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Well, I've read a lot of funny stuff on here over the years, but Tim that takes the cake by a looooooong shot.
Kudos, my man, kudos! Well played indeed! Hahahahaha.
Your picture with the photoshop of "you" writing his name was classic!

Yamahauler
12-21-2006, 03:22 AM
You are brilliant!! Scam the scammers....Im laughing so hard....thank you

greenhuman
12-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Transfer $1380 to me and I will start the change over.

weed
12-21-2006, 05:53 AM
holy sheet thats hilarious

i have an idea: tell him that you want to send the money but you want to make sure that it gets to the right address and that HEreceives it. So you want to test out the mailing system to the address that he gives. send him one of those ATC t-shirts and have him send you a pic back of him wearing the shirt

now that would top the cake. but in all this is one of the best threads ever

Rm250RF900R
12-21-2006, 10:30 AM
That is the funniest damn thing i have ever read :lol: :w00t:

Banage
12-21-2006, 11:12 AM
i like that test out the addy idea. haha

maggiesboy
12-21-2006, 05:41 PM
holy sheet thats hilarious

i have an idea: tell him that you want to send the money but you want to make sure that it gets to the right address and that HEreceives it. So you want to test out the mailing system to the address that he gives. send him one of those ATC t-shirts and have him send you a pic back of him wearing the shirt

now that would top the cake. but in all this is one of the best threads ever

that is a sweet idea! I'd rock that one....worth the scam.

New2ATC
12-21-2006, 07:02 PM
thats great.. gonna be tough to end it now.. so keep it going...

3 weelin geezer
12-21-2006, 10:17 PM
You should send him $1380 in Monopoly money or some other kind of play money...:p

You didn't see the Beavis and Butthead episode where they photocopy money to get rich and end up spending it all on paper and dimes did you? :lol: :lol:

82'185s
12-22-2006, 03:34 AM
thats pretty funny i would almost just start another bank account and leave it empty and see what he does

New2ATC
12-22-2006, 04:14 AM
Lol seems like a good idea..

Macs
12-22-2006, 09:11 AM
I read that 419eater.com site it i have decided to have alittle fun with this too. I keep running into scams on craigslist but i just them be. Well now i have a persistant one that wants to ship me a four wheeler from 20 miles away from me. Obviously he has no idea how close i am but i will tell time when the time is right.

3 weelin geezer
12-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Why don't you tell him that you are going on vacation and will drop by his house to pick it up and save on shipping?
Or just describe any problem to him that he hasn't told you about then tell him you found it on carfax or something.:lol:

Macs
12-22-2006, 12:21 PM
well, he has tried this several times with me and i always tell him i will pick it up and then i never hear from him again. The machine keeps changing. So i am letting this one ride a little longer.

Banage
12-22-2006, 05:22 PM
your not worried about any legal action are you?

super90
01-14-2007, 06:52 PM
That was the best 24 page read I ever read!

3 weelin geezer
01-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I just got one and they guy wants to give me a paltry 30%! Thats robbery!!

FROM,THE DESK OF MR JOE MANOS
BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER
FOREIGN REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK,
OUAGADOUGOU,BURKINA FASO.
TEL.00226 78 83 79 61.

Dear Friend,

I am the manager bill and exchange of the foreign remittance department of African Development Bank, ouagadougou burkina faso, My dear I am trusting this deal to you buy faith and hope that you will handle it without know problem.

In my department file, I discovered an abandoned sum of US $12.6m (Twelve million, six hundred thousand US Dollars) in an account that belongs to one
of our foreign customer who died along with his wife and the only daughter in November 2, 1997 in a plane crash.

Since I got information about his death, I have been watching out for his next of kin to come over and claim this money because, the bank cannot release it
to any person unless somebody apply for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as it is indicated in our banking guidelines and laws, unfortunately,
I discovered that the only next of kin died alongside with him a plane crash being his only daughter left nobody or relation for claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I have decided to make this business proposal to you as a foreigner and for you to stand as the next of kin or a relation to deceased person for and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for the claim and
I don’t want this money to go into the banks treasury as unclaimed bill , the banking law and guideline ARTICLE A section ABD/O11 of 1991,stipulates that if such is found in our bank after five (10) years remain unclaimed the money will be
transferred into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund.

The request of a foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer is a foreigner, a Burkinabe and a Burkinabe cannot
stand as a next of kin to a foreigner.

I arrange that 30% of this money will be for you’re as foreigner partner in respect to the
provision of a foreign account, 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the business, handled by you, and 60% will be for me. Thereafter, I will visit
your country for disbursement according to the percentage as indicated. Therefore, to enable the immediate transfer of this money to your private account, you have to apply first to the bank as relation or next of kin to the deceased.
Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or e-mail the text of the application, I will not fail
to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and do not entertain any fear as all required arrangement has been made for the transfer.

You should contact me immediately you receive my letter through
my telephone or e-mail.
Trusting to hear from you.
Yours faithfully
URGENT .
MR JOE MANOS.

I sent him an email stating that 30% is too low and I would like to recieve 45%, him 45% and we split the difference on the paperwork since he is going to be my partner. Last time I had to say I was Egon Spengler the grandfather of some guy that died in a plane crash in Switzerland. Where is wagadugu, burkina anyways???

Yamahauler
01-22-2007, 03:00 AM
I seen this pic in someones sig on .org

WHats the story behing it??:lol:

Banage
01-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I just had some guy in Iraq offer me %20 if i store $10,000,000 so i agreed to do so, and he asked for my information and I said I got a buddy in Iraq with all my information he said ok give me his name, address phone number. So I said its my buddy so I dont want to give out his information, so give me your Full name, Home address, Home and cell phone number and my buddy will get ahold of you, for some reason now he wont talk to me. hahahaha. Tim you have inspired me to mess with these scammers, I want a Picture too.................................

ATC-Eric
01-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I was digging through some old files, and found the cashiers check from a scammer. I was selling my car for $8000, and he sent me $11200, one of those scams. I kept it as my trophy!

Pretty funny.