PDA

View Full Version : Nice ATC185, Slightly overpriced.

VABCH350X
12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
I saw this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=018&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=280062391218&rd=1,1) auction yesterday, and was very surprised at the seller's starting bid. I decided to send him a polite email complimenting him on his very nice machine, but suggesting he drop the starting bid to about $400-$500, as it is probably worth a little less than a thousand, even in such nice condition. More pics and more information would be a must too, if he is intending to attract the attention of a collector.

I guess I am just wondering where people get the misinformation that these machines are goldmines. I always assumed that sellers sampled the market before advertising, particularly if they have the internet available to them.

Paul

atctim
12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Ho Hum - YAWN -

This is just another of the thousands upon thousands of scams. Note the sellers status - 0 items sold - 0 feedback

In a day or less this auction will no longer be available when linking to it.

VABCH350X
12-20-2006, 01:07 PM
You think it's a scam? I'm familiar with some of the recent scams on ebay, but I don't see how this one would generate any money for the seller. By the way Tim, congrats on scamming the scammer, very funny. Reminds me of a story I read 5 years ago when I got my first "I would like to buy your jet ski......I will send $xxx.....you will please send the watercraft and the remaining balance....." I wanted to do a little research on the scam, and I found a guy who did what you did....had the guys calling him from Africa every day, wasting their money, then had them send him a pic of them holding a sign with the "British saying of good will": 'I'mmatwat.' They sent a pic with the words written on it, but not an actual pic of the scammers holding a sign. Kudos to you Tim!

Paul

sandpuppi101
12-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I agree that that is probably some sort of a scam or something,seems like there would be more details involved on the item ,but you won't see any bids on it !! I do have to disagree with that type of a machine be of any value though, it is true that those machines are becoming harder to find in pristine shape,but that's a bit pricey!! I do see overspray and you are just far away from the machine in the pic to not see details.A quality machine would have way more pic's of detail work,and info on the machine,but those old hard tails are getting attention from collectors ,if they are mint or resrtored properly, Just my thoughts!!!

ATC-Eric
12-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Was up for auction just recently, recognize the overspray on the tires.

Definently a scam. These guys should start setting bin's of $400 if they actually want to make something. Gets on my nerves.