PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!! YFZ problem

krizo88
12-22-2006, 03:56 PM
I have a yfz 450 with electrical issues. This is the problem, when trying to crank over engine the battery only reads like 4 volts, but when i disconect the terminal on the starter the battery jumps right up to a normal voltage level. Hook it back up and it draws the voltage back down to just about nothing again. When the key is off the voltage seems fine but when you turn the key on it draws way back down to nothing. Only startes with jumper cables, but runs like crap when they are removed. Battery is brand new, and the whole machine only has probably 50 hours on it (that being the high side). I took the starter off and had it tested, the guy said it spun fine, but said the brushes could be bad?? would the brushes even have anything to do with this issue? I am lost here, can you guys think of anything else that may be causing this problem. I have posted at blue traxx with little to no response. Its times like this i wish i had a manual. Maybe you guys have had a similar problem on something else like a car or something?? All replies are welcome, have had this problem since mid summer and its time i get it running again. Thanks guys

MRPoopie
12-22-2006, 11:57 PM
ok heres the link to some forums that might know this specific problem

http://www.yfzcentral.com/

they have forums there just do a search and see what you come up with and if you dont find anything then make a post

-Clayton