PDA

View Full Version : KFX/DVX/Z400 owners..

Lomax
12-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Found out today if you want some good (well, better) suspension on your ride that the shocks from a TRX450R will fit perfectly on the front and the rear only requires use of a different lower bolt and some small spacers. Lowered mine at least 3 inches all the way around and rides/handles 10 times better.
-Will

3leggeddog
12-22-2006, 08:13 PM
hmm,thats interesting.have you jumped it much?how did it handle it?

wheelie king
12-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Great observation, Will!!!

I'm with 3 leg- how's she jump?????

MRPoopie
12-22-2006, 11:51 PM
if you go to the forums on z400central.com its all over

and if you want a better ride get some 05 and up ltz/kfx/dvx shocks

Lomax
12-24-2006, 12:20 PM
hmm,thats interesting.have you jumped it much?how did it handle it?

I just did the setup yesterday and its been raining ever since. I was a little concered with the jumping because with it being lower, the airbox is now closer to the swingarm. We tried to bottom it by pushing down on the grabbar (me and my coworker) but it never got within 2 inches of it. I am sure it will handle small jumps better, I am not sure about the larger ones, I am not much of a jumper anyway but I will hit a few next time I take it out to see. I am going to have some adjustments to do still. I think the only reason it set down so low is because there is too much sag, It will raise up to almost normal hieght if I pick up on the front bumper before the tires come off the ground lol.

Lomax
01-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I took the machine out to the motocross track yesterday and gave the shocks a good testing. I think that they worked very very well. Although they are going to require some adjustment as i did bottom the front on the tabletop This is a Noteworthy upgrade for sure.