PDA

View Full Version : Hey waterpumper, just won some mugen fronts for my 86 R

kimmer250r
10-20-2002, 12:32 AM
I was wondering if you ever finished putting your mugen front forks on? I just got a set on ebay brand new for $225. Let me know how you like yours. I'm going to take the paint off mine and polish them, then put the showa back on in red and yellow. Hope to see ya next year at Haspin again. Later! :-D

MR ATC
10-20-2002, 10:56 AM
Kimmer, glad to see your the one that got those. no water has not got them on yet Howdy sent me the fork tube he needed but he (water)hasn't sent me the rest yet i think he's out of town.

kimmer250r
10-20-2002, 08:26 PM
Hopefully I don't have any bends in my tubes too..lol. I think mine are pretty straight. Do you know where to get the rebuild kits for the mugens? I'd like to have a couple on hand for down the road incase they discontinue those too.

MR ATC
10-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Kimmer the bushings and seals are standard 250R parts even if Honda discontinues them you will still be able to get them from showa

86waterpumper
10-23-2002, 09:58 AM
ahhh yes I've been out of town every weekend since haspin, went up north for a couple weeks, and then went on th .org ride. This last weekend was the first one I've been home and it rained all weekend, hindering me from disassembling my R front end! That is this weekend's planned project. Glad to hear you got them kimmer! Good deal on them too, haha I wanted mine bad! Are you getting new springs? Now if we can just find some shocks hehe. I don't really mind the gold finish on mine, the wheels are what I can't stand. I finally got a 350x front rim and tire on the way, heck my swingarm is still gold so I don't guess I mind the forks being gold too. It shouldn't be hard to strip them seeing as how mine were starting to flake from just bouncing around the box they came in! Good luck and tell me how they turn out. Mr. atc did you ever hear if Merriman got his installed?

kimmer250r
10-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Man, glad to hear your still alive! LOL! I was going to leave the shocks gold, but I don't have any gold on my R anymore. Hopefully the R's will dominate at haspin next year. Later water!