PDA

View Full Version : how long would you wait?

don250r
12-24-2006, 09:17 PM
paid for a headlight bulb on e-bay(thru PayPal)Dec 5th.
as of this evening, still have not seen bulb, or had a response to approx. 10 e-mails.
out 20+ transactions on e-bay, this is the first time i have not received an item.
how long do you wait before you report an item not received?
then what??
Thanx in Advance for ANY help

SYKO
12-24-2006, 09:29 PM
after 7 days I turn into a demon, and threaten the lives of family members, being into the insurance investagations, I love telling them that Im going to ruin there life if I dont get my item,

no really I get pissed after 7 days unless otherwise noted differntly

cragster
12-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Wait a sec.... u didnt order from the same guy i did??? Did you??i ordered a 350x headlight bulbs off some guy and it took a paypal claim and 2 months to get it....
whats his ebay name

Dammit!
12-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Took me two months to get a billet taillight for my R. I didn't start making a big deal about it until about 30 days was up. Took many e-mails, a paypal dispute and finally a paypal claim before I finally got it.

MisterFurious
12-24-2006, 11:07 PM
I'd have been raising hell a while ago. I understand shipping issues occur, but there is no excuse for not communicating.

ATC-Eric
12-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Get him man get him!

Like stated above, the guy could at least let you know that the part is still sitting in his garage!

Steiger
12-25-2006, 08:03 AM
I would get an ebay item dispute filed and get the ball rolling. You only have so many days before they will not touch it. Paypal is only a few days longer. Since you have not heard from him, you have grounds to file a claim. Do it soon!

TimSr
12-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I would get an ebay item dispute filed and get the ball rolling. You only have so many days before they will not touch it. Paypal is only a few days longer. Since you have not heard from him, you have grounds to file a claim. Do it soon!

dittos, file the claim. You can cancel the claim if he comes through, or you find some other excusable circumstances. Also get his contact info which will include a phone number.

84honda200s
12-25-2006, 02:48 PM
when i got stiffed i started both a e-bay dispute and a pay-pal dispute. the guy still never sent it out and i got my money back plus i got to see him get booted from e-bay.

don250r
12-28-2006, 07:17 AM
finally got e-mail yesterday saying they had 0 bids on items FROM me.
sent another e-mail with a screenshot of the e-bay item having been paid thru PayPal along with them as the seller, me as the buyer, and the fact that i paid for item on Dec 5th. finally got e-mail from a different person(same place) saying they will check with USPS and let me know tomorrow.
sounds like a smoke screen to me. but we'll see.

ScottZJ
12-29-2006, 08:32 AM
finally got e-mail yesterday saying they had 0 bids on items FROM me.
sent another e-mail with a screenshot of the e-bay item having been paid thru PayPal along with them as the seller, me as the buyer, and the fact that i paid for item on Dec 5th. finally got e-mail from a different person(same place) saying they will check with USPS and let me know tomorrow.
sounds like a smoke screen to me. but we'll see.

Well as stated above, rather they send something out or not, you need to go ahead and file thru paypal. YOu can always stop the process if you ever receive the item. If not you will have already started the long month process to get your money back. As long as they dont kill their paypal account, you should be able to get your money back if they never respond to the dispute. Not to mention, if they see a dispute against them, it might push them to send the item.

firehart
12-29-2006, 01:21 PM
I paid for a battery charger once that I never got. E-bay would not help because it was not enough money. PayPal would not help because he closed his account. I tried to contact him but all I got was a message phone. I ended up just writing it off as experience. Since then I've been a lot more careful on what I bid and I read all of the feedbacks.