PDA

View Full Version : TRX300EX help

bigtloc
12-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Yesterday it ran fine today I hit the botton and nothing ,the battery has full charge ,I crossed the silenoid and it spins fine but wont start. any ideas.thanks bigT

MRPoopie
12-25-2006, 04:08 PM
check the wires and the check for gas

bigtloc
12-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Is there anything not so obbious?

devildog_0431
12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Perhaps your spark plug is just fouled, remove it, clean it, re-check your gap and your connection to your coil, this should solve it. As long as u get spark and fire, u will have ignition.....i doubt compression isn't in the question here so try those 2 things.

Big D
12-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Sounds like the same problem we had with our 97 300ex. I would get a test light and see if you are getting juice to the starter solenoid (one of the small wires that plug into the harness that comes out of the solenoid) with your ignition on and your starter button depressed you should have juice at the light. If you don’t you can trace the wires back. It has been awhile but if I remember correctly up under the front of the tank there is a plug in the wiring harness that is fastened to the down tube of the frame. I would get a test light and see if you are getting continuity on both sides of the plug. Ours was corroded. I cleaned the terminals and the problem went away. Hope this helps

Dave223
12-26-2006, 01:42 PM
there is also a fuse under the seat area that may have blown. My daughters blew this fuse for some reason that I never could find. It gave the same symptoms as you describe. Also check the ground from the batt to the frame, it may be dirty,loose or corroded. Dave