PDA

View Full Version : Broken hearted tonight

MisterFurious
12-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Our Rottie, Jezebel, died today; the vet wasn't sure from what. She was getting up there in years and had slowed down a bit, but we sure weren't expecting this. I didn't even have to say anything when I got back from the vet; my 10 year old stepson took one look at my face and burst into tears. Jez has been part of his life since he was a toddler and I don't think I'll ever forget his sobbing while we buried her.

Jezebel was comepletely worthless as a watchdog; she thought everybody was her friend. But I wouldn't have sold her for any price. It feels like there is a giant hole in our family tonight.

atcfreak85
12-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Sorry to hear that things will get better! ;)

84honda200s
12-26-2006, 11:42 PM
awwww man im sorry to hear that. when i was little we had a dog she died when i was 7 and i cryd for ever.

man it sucks when you lose a close friend.

Bryan Raffa
12-26-2006, 11:50 PM
dude i know how ya feel we got our rot 6 months before my daughter was born that was 10 years ago.. just put her down cuz she had cancer...she just got a new puppy for christmas.. sounds like you need a new puppy to get your mind off it and start some new memorys.

deathman53
12-27-2006, 12:01 AM
I had to put down 2 dogs in the past 2 years, I know how it is. Its hard, but things do improve, even though, everyday when I go up my driveway, I look for my dog(Scruffy)
http://www.pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/scruffyclose+up3.jpg.html
, sitting on top of the chair, sticking his head through the curtains, barking. And when you got to the front door, he would poke through the curtains at the window there. I miss him, he was vicious, but at the same time friendly with family and friends and very obdient. My other dog(cookie)
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/cookiesleeping.jpg
, she had cancer in her stomach, we put her down as it was wasn't fair to her to keep her alive, constantly in pain and torward the end, she couldn't go up the stairs or anything.
I bought my mom, 2 shitz tzu puppies for an early christmas present, cookie and scruffy still are a sad memory, you will never forget them, but the emptiness does go away over time. It breaks my heart to look at pictures of them. My mom is still mourning over her dog(honnie)that died about 20 years ago. It doesn't go away.

New2ATC
12-27-2006, 02:09 AM
i know what its like.. weve had 3 dogs so far.. a yellow lab which we got from my aunt who was old.. He started having seizures and one day they finally got to him.. the other one was my puppy,yellow lab/huskey mix who had to be put down from having fluid around his heart and lungs. The we had a pure bred black lab which was stolen when our old house got broken into.. It sucks but things do get better,at least you know that shes in a better place now..

russell56443
12-27-2006, 02:09 AM
:cry: Man that's so sad,I feel so bad for you and your family!

ATC crazy
12-27-2006, 02:29 AM
Sorry to hear man. A friend of mine's dog also had to be put down today...

Dammit!
12-27-2006, 05:31 AM
Sounds like my dog. Most worthless watchdog ever but he ruled. I had to have him put down not long ago.

http://members.cox.net/dnotter2/bullseye.jpg

MisterFurious
12-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

devildog_0431
12-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Awww that is so sad. From the pic the dog looks to be a real sweety.

Maico
12-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Awww man. That sucks. Tearing up here. You gave her the best life a dog could ever wish for,right?? She knows you did. The best part of passing thru to the afterlife is this...when you get there....all of the furry friends that you ever loved and taken care of for your entire life are there waiting for you. All other people have to wait their turn in line. She's not hurting anymore. She loves you very much. She's happy and she's no longer in pain. The BIG MAN upstairs likes her very much too.

Peace.

Roger

RichinMO
12-28-2006, 12:42 PM
I know how you're feeling brother. On the 26th, I had to put down my cat that I've had for almost 13 years (since 22, most of my adult life). A black Manx (tail less) that stayed by my side through a divorce, multiple moves and career changes, a marriage, my fathers death and the list goes on. We had her put to sleep because of congenital heart failure and fluid buildup around her heart and chest. The vet had drained her chest a week earlier and put her on meds. My wife and I made the most out of the last week knowing there was a good chance when we took her back to the vet it might be bad news and it was.

dividebyzero
12-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.I know what your going through.We also had a rotti that was a big part of us.Some people remember her from tf04 and 05.She got osteosarcoma(really bad cancer)in her one front leg,then it showed up in her other front leg,so it was just a matter of time.We had the one amputated,but before the other one got too far along,it spread into her chest,we had to put her down within a day.The vet told us that 1 out of 8 rotties get this cancer.

Hey Raffa,what part of your dog got the cancer?

ATC-Eric
12-28-2006, 10:47 PM
I lost my boy last year. He was six.

Im upset about losing him, but releived. He had hip displasia (spelling), as well as other health problems. I didnt want to watch him to painfully get older. He was visibilly in pain by the age of 2 or 3. I wish he was here now, but he's in a better place now.

Banage
12-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Sorry man. Dogs are like kids, just as important

Rm250RF900R
12-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I lost my boy last year. He was six.

Im upset about losing him, but releived. He had hip displasia (spelling), as well as other health problems. I didnt want to watch him to painfully get older. He was visibilly in pain by the age of 2 or 3. I wish he was here now, but he's in a better place now.

sounds like my grandmothers german shepard. shes not even 2 and her back end is real screwed up. too bad. shes a real nice and pretty dog.

Rennat_2006
12-31-2006, 12:55 AM
We had to give away the dog i grew up in 1994 when i was 6 i guess that would be. We were moving into my grandparents house for the summer when the house we live in now was being built. I still remember standing out at the end of the driveway watching her leave in the guys truck. Still remember the truck and were he was parked and everything. That is probably something that i will never forget.

We went to see her at the guys property but he gave us the runaround about her being at his brothers place, blah blah blah. We went over there and were greeted by a couple loose rottweillers which scared the hell outta me being 6 years old at the time. Never found her.

I couldnt imagine loosing the dog we have now, yeah she is fat and lazy and does just about nothing besides bark at the neighbors even though they give her treats all of the time over/through the fence :lol: but still.

Wish you the best through the hard times!