PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID prank

TravEX
12-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Anybody know how I can find a # that has called me when they block caller ID!?

I've got these KIDS that call me up cussing and laughing, leaving dirty voice mails, and crap for the past couple of monthes. They call about every 2 weeks. It shows up on my cell as "private call". I'm sick of it. Surely there is a website that can help, even if I had to pay I don't care.

SYKO
12-27-2006, 12:53 AM
you can contact the phone company and the sherrifs dept, I had this problem once, and they ended up getting a call from the sherif and a dept went to there house, after that I never heard anything from them.

TravEX
12-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Did the phone company get the # for the Sherrif dept? That sounds like a good idea. It is my cell phone, so I guess I need to call Cingular.

Thanks

SYKO
12-27-2006, 01:19 AM
yes they can get the phone numbers even if its a cell phone

firefirefire90
12-27-2006, 01:25 AM
Unless they're smart and they use a payphone.

atctim
12-27-2006, 09:47 AM
You'll have to have your phone company put a call trace on your line. What this means is every time someone calls you, the number of the caller that calls you is logged into their system. Then you'll just need to give them the time and date for them to retrieve it. Caller ID WILL NOT pick it up and there is no way to retrieve it without call trace. The numbers are scrambled because they are paying for call block.

TravEX
12-27-2006, 09:53 AM
They are calling my cell from their cell, I can tell it's a cell. Do I call the landline phone company or the cell company. I'm sure both phones are Cingular. I'm sure they are even in my town, because they refer to my # by what the last 4 digits of my # happen to spell, so I know they have the same prefix as me.

atctim
12-27-2006, 09:57 AM
you need to call your cell phone company if it is cell phone traffic.

crackshot
12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Well I used to work for a cell company and they WILL NOT give you the number of incoming calls. It is against the law. Cops can't do anything either. You have to get court subpoena and that is the only way to get number.
Cell companies will not be liable if you get a number, hunt them down and kill them.
You need to either change your number or add a feature that only allows only identified calls to get through if the cell company offers it.

atctim
12-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Or call the cops and file a harrassment report - then they go to the cell phone company and put a trace on the line!

Banage
12-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Dont matter who stops it. Just tell your phone company whats going on, and tell them what times they called, and have them block that number from calling your account. And dont argue me saying you cant do it, cause i have numbers blocked from my account right now.

crackshot
12-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Did you guys not hear me? The only thing the cell company can do is change number. Cops will not do anything because they need a court order.

atctim
12-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Crackshot - I currently work for a phone company and all you need to do is file a report and request a line trace. This may be different from state to state - this is in PA.

We do it all the time at the request of the popo