PDA

View Full Version : blaster motor rebuild

Air-cooled-R
12-29-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm part of the way done rebuilding my blaster motor and I'm needing to know how to line up the counter balancer and crankshaft gears. On my R's they had dots that you lined up, but there's nothing on the blaster. I also need to know what to torque the bolts on the gears down too. if anybody can help that be great b/c I'm startin to hate this motor. my R motors were always so much simpler to work on.:drool:

SYKO
12-29-2006, 09:33 AM
damn man I can remember!!! lol!! I thought my gf's blaster motor was the easiest motor on the planet to do

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PlanetBlaster/index.php?

theres a bunch of usefull info right there man!!

Lomax
12-29-2006, 11:16 AM
they are the eaisest motor on the planet. there is a Dot on your counterbalancer gear and there is a a dot on the larger? crank gear I do believe. Also, do you know how to line up and time the clutches? If you do this incorrectly your clutch will fail to work. The torque is somewhere around Tight as all hell. Actually aropund 50 foot pounds on the crank nut and around 30-40 on the counterbalencer
-Will

Dirtcrasher
01-07-2007, 05:50 PM
they are the eaisest motor on the planet. there is a Dot on your counterbalancer gear and there is a a dot on the larger? crank gear I do believe. Also, do you know how to line up and time the clutches? If you do this incorrectly your clutch will fail to work. The torque is somewhere around Tight as all hell. Actually aropund 50 foot pounds on the crank nut and around 30-40 on the counterbalencer
-Will

Time the clutch?? I never heard of such a thing, why would the relationship of the clutch basket to the primary crank gear matter?? :wondering