PDA

View Full Version : 250sx Problem

bebeav
10-19-2002, 11:26 PM
I think i got a really big problem on my 250sx!!

i can't shift down, i was in fifth gear and when i tried to downshift, it didn't work. i new in 3 wheeler and my mecanical knowledge aren't large. what should i do first???

then, where can i buy a fork for my 250sx, cause mine is broke.

for the one who want pictures, ill get some tomorow,

ALP
Beav

Billy Golightly
10-20-2002, 09:36 AM
Its possible that the shifting lever simply slipped on the shifting shaft (Wore out splines, not properly tightened, ect.) I've seen that happen on many different machines. If its not that then more then likely you have internal transmission problems.

Howdy
10-20-2002, 09:59 AM
I just helped a guy out with a problem like this. If the splines are good on the shaft and lever then it tells me that most likely a bolt came loose. To check it you need to remove the left side case where the ( shifter shaft goes in ). Then being careful to remove the shifting apparatus. There is a bolt in the middle of the shifting drum there that either breaks or comes loose. The piece that the bolt holds onto has a notch in it and will need aligned and re-installed. I will try to get some pictures if needed.

P.S. My friends was just the bolt coming loose. A quick tightening and it was like New!!

Thanks

bebeav
10-20-2002, 01:01 PM
i ll really apreciate if u can add pic to help me, cause the splines are good.

thx

ALP
Beav

Howdy
10-21-2002, 04:37 PM
Here is a diagram of the shifting mechanisim. The bolt that normally comes loose or breaks is Number 21.

If you look at the shift Drum ( Number 17 ) you can see a little pin ( number 18 ) it aligns in to shifter Drum Center ( Number20 ). If the bolt comes loose or breaks the pin slips out of the notch and thus causes No shifting ability.

I hope this Helps.

bebeav
10-21-2002, 04:51 PM
damn!!! you're a god for me, i hope it will resolve my prob..

just like that, where this pic come from????

thx

ALP
Beav

Howdy
10-21-2002, 05:26 PM
I am just the "average Joe" with an above average amount of manuals kicking around. lol

just like that, where this pic come from????
I have been working on a couple "Projects" for the site. I have some of these diagrams scanned already with a lot more to go. If my scanner holds up the site will be exploding with information in the future.

I hope this helps. I seen this problem at least 20 times already. A few on 350x's also. They have the same basic set up.

bebeav
10-22-2002, 12:31 PM
sweet, i hope ull be able to post those diagram and other information soon.

do u know where i can buy the book with the pic you show me??

ALP
Beav

200xer
10-22-2002, 07:49 PM
I believe denniskirk has them or your local honda dealer, they run about $30.

bebeav
10-22-2002, 09:39 PM
thx Howdy and thx 200xer, i think it will really help me.

ALP
Beav