PDA

View Full Version : Women Racing MX

TimSr
01-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Of those women who know they will be attending Trikefest 07, how many of you will be racing Motocross? Would you be interested in running in a Women's class, or would you prefer to run in the regular appropriate classes and humiliate the guys? The third option is that you could run both, as most of you now know how physically demanding that is.

Please only vote in the poll if you are a woman who will be racing. I need to know how many to decide whether to create an additional class.

Mrs.Mosh
01-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm gonna go with women's class.
After all Tim, I ride a girls bike :lol: :beer

OldSchoolin86
01-03-2007, 10:55 PM
Never had a woman race yet at TF, isn't this a little "cart before the horse"? I think the participation would be great but how about starting out in the intermediate class.............

pinkhonda
01-03-2007, 11:48 PM
I would prefer to race in the all women's class. I have not raced since Smith Road and am not sure that my skills have improved since then, But I want to get out there and race for sure.

Billy Golightly
01-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Never had a woman race yet at TF, isn't this a little "cart before the horse"? I think the participation would be great but how about starting out in the intermediate class.............

I think its like anything else, people are less likely to race in a class that they feel they do not fit into. I think a womans class is a great idea and will probably draw in quite a few new racers.

TimSr
01-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Actually, between last Trikefest and now, it seems we've cultivated some lady MXers (not the armchair type) in (where else?) OTC, and this class was mentioned by them, so I am putting the feelers out to see if we have enough for a class, and to spark the interest of other ladies who may be out there and considering it. Some of these "unsure" women would be less intimidated in a women's class, even though some of these ladies could easily compete with the men, and have.

The class we called "Intermediate" in '05 was for 200-250 4 stroke suspended trikes or similar, and its name was changed to "Mid Size Suspended" in TF06. Some of our ladies are not be eligible to ride in that class. A women's class would be an open class, unless it was large enough to split, which I dont see happening this year.

OldSchoolin86
01-04-2007, 10:38 AM
That's pretty cool if there's that many ladies up for it. I really don't care either way as far a class goes I was just imagining 2-3 riders running around on their own. That wouldn't make much sence.

max
01-04-2007, 12:00 PM
That's pretty cool if there's that many ladies up for it. I really don't care either way as far a class goes I was just imagining 2-3 riders running around on their own. That wouldn't make much sence.

OS, im pretty sure we have atleast 5-7 ladies that want to race. :drool:

The thought just makes me wish I had a chick that wanted to.

Move way, the chicks are taking over TF!!!!!:beer

350Xhilaration
01-04-2007, 11:41 PM
I think it's a good idea. Hope there are enough to fill a class.

Maybe I can pull my skirt down and run in that class :D

3leggeddog
01-05-2007, 05:31 PM
ahh,women on trikes,it's like a small peice of heaven right here in ohio!!

my hats off to these women that are willing to give it a try.i know of atleast 5-6that will be up for it!

dizasterzrfun69
01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
if quads were aloud i might be able to get my girlfriend to tear it up on her 400ex

Jason Hall
01-05-2007, 05:46 PM
My wife sandy will race on her 200x.

TimSr
01-07-2007, 04:37 PM
My wife sandy will race on her 200x.

Hey Jason, you can vote in the poll on her behalf provided SHE knows she is racing and has agreed to it. I dont think she posts on here. The question is whether she wante to run a women's class or just make YOU look bad!

Jason Hall
01-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Ha, ha, she and the boys WILL make me look bad, I'm sure of that. Sandy will probly also race a atc 70 In the unsuspended class.

Mrs.Mosh
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Anymore girls out there? Come on!!:Bounce :Bounce Dawn? How about Mrs. Raffa?

Tim, how many we need for a class??

Bryan Raffa
01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
sorry tammy but she don't have enough seat time to be out there raceing yet. Maybe in 08!!

TimSr
01-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Anymore girls out there? Come on!!:Bounce :Bounce Dawn? How about Mrs. Raffa?

Tim, how many we need for a class??

Ill run it with three, but more is a lot better. Im hoping a few other ladies will step up. Everybody wants to see the ladies race!

TimSr
01-13-2007, 01:44 AM
sorry tammy but she don't have enough seat time to be out there raceing yet. Maybe in 08!!

If she can ride all the way around the track unassisted, she has more than adequate seat time!

Bryan Raffa
01-13-2007, 11:46 AM
tim shes not verry good on hills and offcamber stuff...we'll see how she does today down at bruces farm..still plenty of time for training. she need to open the throttle more to get use to the power thats the main thing.

azhondagrl
01-23-2007, 02:20 AM
having never gone, and just out of curiousity: what kind of track/terrain is it? i mean hows it setup? how long is it?

According to Billy's email it takes place Saturday? so is the ladies class dependant also on what kind of bike? or just gotta be a lady?

TimSr
01-23-2007, 11:10 PM
having never gone, and just out of curiousity: what kind of track/terrain is it? i mean hows it setup? how long is it?

According to Billy's email it takes place Saturday? so is the ladies class dependant also on what kind of bike? or just gotta be a lady?

The track is a typical MX track. This one tends to be small, but even that varies since there is an extension which may or may not be useable to due weather conditions. Somebody had some of the MX races uploaded on youtube. Im thinking it was Speedbump. That would give you some idea.

The Women's Class is an open class at this time. Should it eventually grow enough, I would split it, either by trike size or skill level, depending on the field of participants, but right now we are probably looking at half dozen riders at best.

Hopefully riders will remain honest, and gender verification will never be required!

azhondagrl
01-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Man Tim...you're leaving that one wide open for my vulgarity.:lol: I'll refrain.

Thanks for explaining...I'm not even sure I would be able to say what a "typical" mx track would be like though....i'm a duner. lol.

SYKO
01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
just think of all the jumps as small dunes Steph!!! lol!!

TRITecate350
01-24-2007, 10:26 AM
I just voted for my friend Andrea, she says if its free...SHE'S IN!

TimSr
01-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Man Tim...you're leaving that one wide open for my vulgarity.:lol: I'll refrain.

Thanks for explaining...I'm not even sure I would be able to say what a "typical" mx track would be like though....i'm a duner. lol.

Your snappy and witty response is duly noted! You have won a Trikefest 2005 Video in MPG format on CD, which contains a lot of MX footage. PM me your address. We just cant have you desert rats being ignorant of midwestern motocross!

girlsride2
04-21-2007, 01:34 PM
tim shes not verry good on hills and offcamber stuff...we'll see how she does today down at bruces farm..still plenty of time for training. she need to open the throttle more to get use to the power thats the main thing.

Bryan....I am no good at hills or off camber stuff either. Trust me on this. But, I am sure you will see my behind out there. Don't think this race really is so much about winning as it is the "ladies" getting a chance to go out there and have some fun too.
Tim's right....if she can make it around the track unassisted no matter how fast or slow then she can be involved in this race.