PDA

View Full Version : Ebay raises fees 2007

Orangecnty250r
01-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Here is my message from ebay

The price table didnt copy right so when You see two prices or percentages next to each other the first one is the new and the second is the old price or percentage

Read On..................

An important part of any business strategy is the regular evaluation of pricing structure. From time to time, we make pricing changes to correct unhealthy dynamics in the eBay marketplace, as was the case last July. Typically, however, we make changes on an annual basis at the beginning of the year.

Today, I'm here to tell you about fee adjustments for eBay.com and eBay Motors which go into effect on January 30, 2007.
Let me say that, while we believe these changes are modest, we consider any changes that may impact our sellers with great care. These adjustments are the result of careful analysis and we believe they're the right thing to do to keep the marketplace strong for our eBay.com and eBay Motors sellers.

Core Listing Fees: Auction-Style & Fixed Price*

Fee Type Item Price New Fee Current Fee
Insertion Fee Starting Price:
$1.00 - $9.99 $0.40 $0.35
Final Value Fee Selling Price:
$25.01 - $1000.00 3.25% 3%

*Does not impact Store Inventory Listings.

eBay Motors Vehicles Fees

The fees listed above will also apply to Parts & Accessories.
Fee Type New Fee Current Fee
Motorcycles & Powersports
Transaction Services Fee $40 $30
Cars & Trucks, Other
Vehicles & Trailers
Transaction Services Fee $50 $40
Motors Reserve Fee 0.1% of reserve price
($5 minimum,
$10 maximum) $5

To learn more about each of these changes, I invite you to read our Frequently Asked Questions and our eBay Fees Help page. (To learn more about Canada fee adjustments, please check the Announcement Board for eBay.ca.)

A Successful Online Holiday Shopping Season
As I've said many times, one of our most important jobs here at eBay is ensuring that we're driving buyers to the site. This online holiday shopping season was a big success, and I want to acknowledge the outstanding efforts this last quarter from our marketing team led by Gary Briggs. Our integrated "IT" campaign performed well for the second year in a row, reaching our targeted shoppers an average of 13 times per person.
In fact, according to Nielsen NetRatings, overall traffic to online shopping sites on the day after Thanksgiving (known as "Black Friday") grew 12% from last year--and eBay was the number one shopping destination that day with an impressive 7.5 million unique visitors. But the good news didn't stop there. This momentum continued through the weekend to "Cyber Monday" (the Monday after Thanksgiving), which has become associated with peak online holiday shopping activity. I'm pleased to report that Nielsen declared eBay the most visited Internet site that day, too, with 5.6 million visitors.

Of course, our shelves need to be well-stocked when the buyers arrive, so these results are testament to the partnership we have with our dedicated sellers. We can all be proud of our joint success in pleasing shoppers with whatever "IT" was this season.

More to come in 2007
Looking ahead at the new year, it's never been more important that eBay deliver value through our marketing investments, product initiatives, and Trust & Safety strategies. Times have changed from 11 years ago when we were a small innovative idea on the Internet. Quite frankly, some of the problems demanding our attention are more complex. But what inspires me every morning--and what I hope inspires you, too--is that the opportunities for eBay and its Community to succeed by celebrating what makes us unique have never been greater.
Later this month, I'll be addressing a group of eBay sellers who will be here in person in the San Jose area, and I'll be sharing some of our plans and priorities for the coming year. My keynote speech will be available via a recorded Webcast for our whole Community (more details will be available soon) and we'll be following the event with more announcements on specific initiatives. I think you'll find we're taking a surprisingly fresh look at some of the old challenges, and I'm excited about the road ahead.

On behalf of everyone at eBay, I wish you all a very Happy New Year.

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb
President, eBay North America

ScottZJ
01-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah I received the same email too. I guess its inflation or someone that needs his pocket full of more money. You know, its funny you can have billions of dollars but yet you always want more. Oh well.....:(

ClayW
01-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah. I wasnt real happy about that email. They should give you a little something extra to go along with the increase. It gets old.... It already costs a fortune to sell a bike on there. Geezzzz. Guess it will be more now.

Clay

sandpuppi101
01-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah I saw that crap also,it's not like it's already pricey to sell machines on there like you say Clay,sounds like my Boss, always telling me they were going broke!! I guess I am gonna have to thin out the inventory by the end of the month,Ahe!!!

longbedGTs
01-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah, got it too. Though I dont do much selling on the Bay, Ive got a bunch of things ready to sell now, as soon as I get a digicam. Guess Ill have to put a rush on it to avoid these increased fees. :(
Anybody rememer when some people tried to start an alternative to eBay? It was called 'Webauction'. I miss you Webauction. :cry:

dreadhed
01-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I got it too. I try not to sale trike on Ebay. The fees are to much a machine that goes for a few hundred. If you have a really nice machine, it's how you get the most for it. I can't wait for another auction company comes along and gives them a run for their money,

XTrumpX
01-04-2007, 11:55 PM
I can't wait for another auction company comes along and gives them a run for their money,
They've come and gone. The closest one that rivals them is Amazon.. but it's only a matter of time before ebay buys them too. Anyone that did challenge took the money and ran when offered a buyout. Grossing over a 500k a day doesn't go far as it use to :eek:

r00sty
01-05-2007, 07:11 AM
you say.... Craigslist..... I am done with selling anything on egay. :twisted:

Orangecnty250r
01-05-2007, 07:25 AM
Monkey ads are gaining popularity also...free I believe

dgould
01-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Yes Craigslist is free and has been working good for me also but eBay bought a third of it also. I feel like eBay owns a third of everything I sell too. After listing fees, final value fees and Paypal fees it ends up 10% at least. I've used live deal also, no fees unless you use paypal but still in the end nothing brings as many customers as the all mighty eBay.

hublake
01-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I know this web site doesn't have the audience that ebay does, but maybe something could be done here to get the word out and make this site a better place to sell trike related stuff. Don't ask me what, just a suggestion. I have gotten a few things I have need from people here and prices always seem a bit cheaper and have not been ripped off on shipping.

84honda200s
01-05-2007, 02:31 PM
yea i got it to. looks like i wont be doing alot on e-bay. however i will look. lol

XTrumpX
01-05-2007, 02:54 PM
you say.... Craigslist..... I am done with selling anything on egay. :twisted:
Can you say it's only a matter of time that they start charging since Ebay owns 25% of Craigslist.

azhondagrl
01-05-2007, 03:18 PM
its greediness. everyone is money hungry, not many actually do stuff for free these days. Not saying everything should be free but sometimes its nice for someone to go above and beyond, even if they aren't getting paid for it . just my .02, and i'm all about CL and other local listings on my end.

r00sty
01-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Really??? Didn't know that, well hell....:cry:

XTrumpX
01-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Yup, Ebay bought into them back in 2004 for 25% in fear that either Google or Yahoo would invest. Craigs was looking for investors at the time so they could expand, but not with the intent to "sell" classified space like Ebay does. Ebay has aknowledged that they intend to buy the majority when Newmark decides to 'sell out'. The popularity grew fast at the end of 2003 and the bigger companies took note. So, unless someone else comes up with the same idea and keeps it under their own roof, it's only a matter of time before they may end up charging. But, you have to out yourself in Newmarks shoes... it would be hard to resist easy money dangled in front of you like that. You have to look out for #1, yourself!

grundlegrabber
01-05-2007, 11:55 PM
I received the message myself the other day. After decoding some of the gibberish, it reads something like this:
An important part of any business strategy is sucking out maximum dollars from the public pockets, getting as close as possible to the pointwhere people will begin to revolt but not quite crossing that line.
Bill Cobb and his fat face can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned. 'Modest' fee increase of $10 per listing on powersports auctions. I sell a few bikes per year and most are sold off ebay for this reason. It was expensive before, now it's crossed the line for me.
Craigslist is a great place to do local business and the fact that it's free is what makes it so great. If they charged for the ads I would do a lot less business there. All good things come to an end, and I'm sure CL will be no different.
With the increase in ebay's fees in recent times, I have begun to sell less and less there. Also, having myself been screwed royally by paypal recently, I have quit selling omnline completely for the time being. It takes a lot of time and hard work to make a few bucks selling parts online, and the ebay corporate whores are just never satisfied with their cut. I for one am sick and tired of giving them large portions of my profits and getting little or no seller support in return. I believe a mass boycott is in order here... who's with me???:mad: :twisted:

Howdy
01-06-2007, 12:11 AM
its greediness. everyone is money hungry, not many actually do stuff for free these days. Not saying everything should be free but sometimes its nice for someone to go above and beyond, even if they aren't getting paid for it . just my .02, and i'm all about CL and other local listings on my end.

I couldn't agree more. And yes it is nice for people to go above and beyond when they aren't beig paid for it. It VERY nice that there is places like 3WW and even .org that don't charge for selling / buying stuff. I know here on 3WW we are VERY Grateful for the users that have donated to the site to keep it going strong.
Howdy

ixta
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
ya im such a damn nOOB
I just registered with ebay in dec to sell some items and got my first invoice for 75 bux@!:drool: