PDA

View Full Version : ebays new block bidder list.

mike from long island
01-06-2007, 10:46 AM
i was just thinking. now that ebay has this new type of bidding foreum,to prevent scams. how are we as bidders able to see any pattern of shill bidding. the reason i ak is there is a bike on bid on. i lost to another bidder. no big deal. now that same bike is listed again. no reason is in the description as to why the last bidder bailed or what. so i watch the bike for a short time,the bid stays the same. then i place a bid. i was high bidder for less then 12 hours and bam the other bidder out bids me. now i can see he may be a legit bidder but now i cant do any research on the two of them. ebay fixed one problem and cause another one. I HATE EBAY!!! but without them,i would be lost sometimes lol

what do you guy think??? i feel if you are a bidder you should be able to see all that bid. i know once a scammer threw a bid in he would probably start the second chance offers and all that crap. o well. ill just bid what i want to spend. but if i could have gotten it cheap or at an unshilled bidding war,thats more $$$ for other needs. gRRRRRRRRR

dgould
01-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Yes, you are correct saying it just opens the door for shill bidding. The sellers used to use private auctions to hide the shill bidding but now they don't need it if it's over $200. If you click on the bidders number now it will tell you what percentage of bids that this person has bid on that seller which is helpful as you are placing your bid to make sure that the bidder is or isn't a shiller for the seller.
Ride safe,
David Gould

Dammit!
01-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Start sniping. It's the only way to avoid getting shilled imo.

mike from long island
01-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Start sniping. It's the only way to avoid getting shilled imo.

you might be right!!! so much for being an honest bidder now it is time to get DIRTY!!!!!!! :lol:

Howdy
01-06-2007, 05:29 PM
you might be right!!! so much for being an honest bidder now it is time to get DIRTY!!!!!!! :lol:

I guess I have been dirty for a long time now. lol
Howdy

Dammit!
01-06-2007, 07:04 PM
There's nothing at all dirty about sniping. Just set the snipe up with the max you're willing to spend. It works the same exact way that proxy bidding on ebay works except that it waits until the last second. If someone bid higher than you, they still win.