PDA

View Full Version : what to do

xd 200x
01-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Well today i won an ebay auction for a ton of comp parts. I guess it ended to cheep and now the guy does not want to sell He claims after the auction edeed that it was no longer for sale. Do i press the issue or what. He sends me a message saying leave me positive feed back and i will do the same. f- that. I am so pissed right now. I am going to open a dispute. *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**E dited* only had 1 fee back should have known.

200x Basket
01-06-2007, 10:28 PM
report him to ebay. under my ebay next to the item look at the drop down box. it should be there.

Billy Golightly
01-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I had the same thing happen to me on an Elka shock a couple years ago. Seller claimed his account had been "hacked" even though there ere things from months ago that were ATV parts. He ended up weaseling out of it and I didn't even have the option to leave feedback because he convinced ebay his account had been hacked when it hadn't been. Your SOL.

xd 200x
01-06-2007, 10:36 PM
um ok tried to open a dispute and it says i have to wait 10 days. Im half tempted to paypal him the money so he has to send it or face the item not recived thing. dude emailed me 5 min after i emailed him telling him i would pick it up any day this week. with its no lnger for sale i could not cancel the listing because it was less than 12 hours. he could have updated the listing. I am so pissed right now. best part is its a store so hello bbb

XTrumpX
01-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Ebay rules: Seller can cancel auction at any time, 13 hours before end or 1 min before end. Buyer can not cancel their bid within the last 12 hours of an auction.

Now, did he have something for sale or is he saying someone used his account to try and sell/scam someone?

xd 200x
01-07-2007, 11:41 AM
no he said it was no longer for sale after the auction ended. not that his account was hacked or anything. Here is what I believe to be the truth. In the auction he writes " this stuff is worth well over 500.00 so i feel no need to put a reserve on it blah blah blah," ended at 76.00. Honestly this stuff is only worth maybe a 100.00.

Law of contracts: once an auction begins Item may not be removed from sale. A bidder may retract a bid at any time before the gavel falls. (Corbet on contracts )

looks like ebay rules are bullshit.

anyway Im just ganna report him in 10 days and leave him bad feed back

I need to open a dispute so that he will not get a chance to lave me bad feeed back

Billy Golightly
01-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Theres a "non selling seller" thing, which is what I went through to the get the (lack of) result I had.