PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Party at TF07

TRITecate350
01-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I have some friends who have a dyno about 30mins from Haspin in Milroy, and I am willing to arrange a block of time on Thursday for anyone to dyno their trike. I am sure I can get the price per dyno run down to $20-30 per/trike. A dyno pull is 3 seperate, back to back runs. We strap the bike down to the dyno, with the rear wheels on the drum. Run the trike in a high gear, and the dyno measures how fast your trike can accelerate the drum. From there you will get a graph, measuring horsepower and torque.

After my group uses the dyno, anyone can use the dyno for testing, jetting, ignition adjusting, change domes in your head....you will have to pay for that seperately.

Please dont go to the dyno with high expectations..... With all the companies out their boasting big horsepower numbers, and using crank and engine dynos, most people think their bikes are high horsepower. Here is some horsepower numbers to concider for a rear wheel dyno.

32-33 hp Stock Honda 450r
24-26 hp Stock Honda 400ex
44-46 hp Stock CR or KX 500
26-28 hp Stock Honda 250r

Bryan Raffa
01-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Im in!! I take it i would have to bring a set of tires with out studs! LOL

Billy Golightly
01-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm very interested. Wondering about tires though now that raffa mentioned them...

TRITecate350
01-07-2007, 03:26 PM
He has some tires there that will fit many different bikes we can use.

tecat-z
01-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Is there any way that the time for the dyno could be say Friday or Saturday. I think it would be kinda neat to make a few pulls to get a baseline, but cant make it til friday morning.:wondering I am sure you would have more activity when attendance it at its peak and we can all enjoy the show.

TRITecate350
01-07-2007, 09:42 PM
I thought about that...but if it was like last year, there was a poker run in the morning, hill climb in the after noon, then drags near dark. Then Saturday is packed with MX and awards banquet. The only way I will get a good deal on the dyno is to promise him like 5 hours of dyno runs. His normal price is $95/perhour, which is way too much I think.
I got it for $50per/hour last year, and we dynod 2 bikes. It was kinda screwed up, they called me and told me the dyno was broke down on Friday, while I was driving to TF, then they next day Sat delievered the parts and bearly got it running. We had a 300 big bore tecate that made about 33 horsepower and with it on the dyno for a hour we were able to tune the jetting and other stuff, and it was 35 horsepower after we were done. Later that week the customer called me and said his stator was loose and was turned to the retarded timing mark. So he probably gained a few horses by fixing it.
I spent 2 hours on the dyno with my tecate 350, adjusted the pvl timing, adjusted the alcohol jetting. My tecate made 61 horsepower when we started. We were able to widen the power curve, but lost peak horsepower. When I left I was at 58 hp. But the power curve was much better and had more torque.

Tri-ZNate
01-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Will this be open to any bikes? I just want to do it for shits and giggles

TRITecate350
01-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Sure as long as you can pay for it hehe

daputz
01-08-2007, 12:55 AM
sounds great, is there an exhaust gas sniffer for fine tunning?

If the dyno owner/operator is interested why not talk with the TF organizers and do a dyno drag or power pull off. Granted the participants would have to pay to enter, but organize it so the winner of whatever (class, raw hp, most improved from stock......) earns a TF event win????????

Personally I am more interested in the dyno for a fine tuning tool (Iv'e already had my heart broke expecting a dyno to tell me dreamed about hp #'s:lol: ).

tecat-z
01-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Well, could we have a pole on what day works best for interested participants on this whole dyno thing. This could turn into quite a big event if done properly. And you should break even on $ as well. The more pulls we do, the cheaper it might be for everyone involved. Of course this all depends on when you can actually get the dyno. It would be pretty cool for bragging rights, and great entertainment for doing the 12oz curl while watching.

Yamahondaman
01-08-2007, 04:32 PM
i gota a question ....
How Bout a "DYNO Donation" to the GREAT ATC-ATV Rider's ? Maybe a Drawing?

Mike_Ham_250R
01-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Ill run my Bike.

Meat-BoX
01-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Last year we were supposed to bring our Tecates to the Dyno. I take it, this is the same Dyno. I was really hoping to see what my Tecate would put out hp wise. Its just rebuilt stock, but shes a screamer. Im up for it again this year. We just need to find a time that doesnt interfere with everything else going on, and when im not drinking.:naughty: as I was last year.

daputz
01-08-2007, 07:21 PM
and when im not drinking.:naughty: as I was last year.

We will just have to keep a designated dyno driver :lol:

TRITecate350
01-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Sorry, no exhaust sniffer... I contacted the owner of BS Racing and he is suppost to check out this topic and answer some questions. I know they will be at TF07 drinking alcoholic beverages on Friday and Saturday, so I would bet that those dates are not available.

Bryan Raffa
01-09-2007, 04:57 PM
what kind of tires for the dyno? prowedge 2's be fine?

TRITecate350
01-09-2007, 05:55 PM
I double the pro wedges will work too well, your bike probably will shread them on the dyno drum....maybe not...

Bryan Raffa
01-09-2007, 05:58 PM
what kind does he run?

madmanwithmouse
01-23-2007, 04:02 PM
The tires they run are flat track and drag tires. I have used half worn mudbusters on a dyno before, so anything with a shallow tread depth will work, but it will mess with the numbers a little bit.

erectordale
01-24-2007, 12:44 AM
I would be interested in this to put the Tigers on and get a true hp rating

TRITecate350
01-24-2007, 09:01 PM
I would be interested in that as well.