PDA

View Full Version : max and 3legs "WILD HILL SAFARI"

3leggeddog
01-07-2007, 04:21 PM
so since we got the hill climb "compition" on the back bone,i was kinda thinking maybe a few of us should head out into the haspin woods in search of "new" nasty hills.kinda like a hill hunt.i know me and max go out every year in a banzai,fast paced,hill climbin frenzy.we don't invite alot of folks because it's hard to keep track of everyone,and then spmeone gets left behind,and you feel bad,so him and i usually blaze by ourselfs.well last year mini max came along,and it was alot of fun.nobody had to wait on anybody,you didn't have to worry if someone would get left behind cause we are all equal riders.

anyway,what i am trin to get at is this.if you think you can hang,and think a semi organized ride would be cool,post it up.if we need to wait on a few people that want to go,we will.the point of this thread is not to segregate,but rather to let a few more people in.you need to consider yourself a very good trail rider/hill climber.we will NOT be waiting for anyone.this is gonna be a fast paced ride.if you decide to go,your are responsible for yourself.of course we will be spotting on the difficult hills,but other then that,it's gonna be like a harscramble race.no awards,or positions are gonna be given.we will be in search of the gnarliest hills haspin has to offer,and may even blaze a few new hills.i want to find something back in there that makes the backbone look as weak as it is.

a good rider with a camera would also be great.SPEEDBUMP,i'm callin you out on this one.i know you can hang,and do a great job filmin,how bout it?

this will go on regardless.if you wanna go,sweet.i gurantee some crazy things to go down.if you've never seen my doggy max climb............:drool: .........you should.this really is not gonna be a "offical" event.it's just me and my boys gettin down like we do,your welcome to try and hang.haspin is not difficult,so i imagine most riders can follow,and spectate.if i don't see you on our little banzai ride,i'll see you guys either at the top,or bottom of the devils backbone.

350Xhilaration
01-08-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm interested in a tag along for sure. Might snap some pics/vid and might climb some too.

Sounds like a good idea. I'd like to explore some more of the grounds.

3leggeddog
01-08-2007, 07:40 PM
cool rhule,i am comfortable with you going.you have rode with us enough to know how we roll.you are welcome to go,you do a great job fiming also.i just wanna stress that we aren't waiting up for anyone,so you better duct tape that throttle wide open!,lol.i wanna find some new hills is my main objective.something so nasty nobody has tried it before.i also wanna look the backbone over.i would really like to see if there are any new ways up it.like maybe outta the creek on the left?i dunno,i am so ready to tear up some hills on the 5er

Louis Mielke
01-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm in. If you can do it I can do it:cool:

Or at least I can die trying. lol!

3leggeddog
01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
sweet deal louis.last time we rode i was on the 350x huh.well that was a "play" bike.now i got my "hill climber" setup,and frankly,you ain't seen the dog climb yet...............EEERRRRFFFFFFFFFF

maybe a game of pig?of better yet.DOG!!

Louis Mielke
01-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Dude I am so raring to go. I haven't got to really climb anything in months. The last thing I got to climb was an old buick. I was billygoating all over that thing.
Chasing you through the haspin woods sounds like a blast. I'm already thinking of one wall I remember at haspin that looked nearly unclimbable. we'll havta find it and see what we can break trying to climb it.

I'll have my 5er there too and trust me its a gonna be much improved since last year. We'll have dueling 500s. lol

3leggeddog
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
waahhhhhooooooooooo,dud i can f-n wait.i know your a hella climber,it'll be interestng to see what we get ourselves into.max will be there too,and once that dude gets wound up,he'll put us both to shame

jason85atc250r
01-08-2007, 09:30 PM
your ride sounds like it will be fun but i dought i'll be able to swing the costs going out there. Sppedbumps ride was a little slow paced. i wanna head there again and try the steep hill again.

max
01-08-2007, 10:00 PM
There are some very good prospects at haspin for hill. Ones that make the back bone look like my butt bone. This will be a ride for the trully well rounded. It will be a knarly hill to hill ride. Conquer.....then bam, on to the next one. Haspin has a ton of potential. Hill climbing is an art of its own for those that climb. But for those who role to watch and help, its a freakin show you will never forget.!!! You point, and we will climb!!!!

B, we will have to come up with a day for this, im thinking this will be about a 3-4hr event/ride, with a couple brew-threws:beer. I forget wat you called it B, something Juice????

3leggeddog
01-09-2007, 07:18 AM
with all the other events going on,i don't wanna crowd t.f.
to plan this,we kinda need to be tenative.when the schedule comes out,we'll have a good idea of when we can get together.i don't want anyone to miss another event,unless this is of that much intrest.i know last year it was blast fly-n through haspin.we were never really lower then 2nd gear.it'll be sweet,like max said,you point,we'll climb!!!

bring some of that PIMP juice buddy

Louis Mielke
01-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Dude I'm so syked!!

400exguy
01-09-2007, 09:55 AM
If I go with Rhuel to TF Id roll with ya boys if ya dont mind. I can keep up through the woods but when it comes to the hills, Ill stand on the side and help stop bikes and people from rollin back down the hill! If there is no way around the hill, Ill be on my own and back track to camp. In no way would I hold you guys back. I have no balls, I have seen the coal hills and wack woods hills (widow maker...) at speedbumps that you guys try so I know you guys will not overlook any hill without atleast a try. Frankly Im too scared of getting hurt, you can replace bike parts but when it comes to the body its hard to fix bones.

3leggeddog
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
noah you can roll,anyone is welcome to come,but it's everyman for himself.i just hate when you gotta slow down,make sure the groups behind ya,and check on evryone so they don't get lost.this ride will be a balls out,blitz through the woods.on the big hills we will all sill spot!

Kintore
01-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I think I can handle it Brandon! well maybe knowing you two nuts! lol

atctim
01-09-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm whicha 3Leggy and Mad-Max beyond TF Dome!

Louis Mielke
01-09-2007, 06:04 PM
If I go with Rhuel to TF Id roll with ya boys if ya dont mind. I can keep up through the woods but when it comes to the hills, Ill stand on the side and help stop bikes and people from rollin back down the hill! If there is no way around the hill, Ill be on my own and back track to camp. In no way would I hold you guys back. I have no balls, I have seen the coal hills and wack woods hills (widow maker...) at speedbumps that you guys try so I know you guys will not overlook any hill without atleast a try. Frankly Im too scared of getting hurt, you can replace bike parts but when it comes to the body its hard to fix bones.

Man seriously it will grow back. no worries! If I loose it don't worry about me just grab my bike! lol

I can hear me in the hospital now....."Where's my bike!? How bad is it?! Gotta get it rebuilt! Lemme outa this bed, where's the tool box!?"

3leggeddog
01-09-2007, 08:30 PM
sweet,looks like this gonna be sweet.man.i am really gettin pumped up for t.f.!

SpeedBump
01-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Like ya gotta ask ME? LOL!!! :w00t:

crazyflights
06-16-2007, 01:26 AM
I want in on this ride also, i love hills, and faster pace, and im sure i can hang, just see the photos i have sent speedbump when i first got onto this site he posted for me, under *helping a new member*, also read the thread about night riding, i wouldnt mind a pumped up night ride also, when i go on trips i hardly get off my bikes lol, also is this for trikes only, cause if somethiong brakes, i would be bound to my quad, but then things get that much crazier. cant wait to meet everyone, I shgould be sleeping right now cause have to work all day on saturday so i can have off friday, we will be at TF we A.M hours Thursday morning, also if anyone interested sunday/monday were hitting up badlands offroad park they have some sick hills if anyone has been, i think this weekend im am going to work like a madman to get front brakes on my conversion, and thumb throttle, kinda wish i had my ole trusty R still may get another for trike fest 08,

Billy Golightly
06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Someone give me a hollar whenever your gonna go and if I'm not in the middle of doing anything I'll tag a long too. I love ridin the hills at haspin.

3leggeddog
06-16-2007, 11:54 AM
well,we will all just gather and roll out.maybe sat afternoon?

Kintore
06-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Yah im in, on my dads trike!

seadoo650
06-16-2007, 11:29 PM
I thought this was 3Leg's and MAX"S wild safari ride. Won't be the same without MAX. Boy better man up and come out and play.

3leggeddog
06-17-2007, 02:06 AM
what,i never heard he wasn't coming.i'll be bummed,you maxi pad,i'm bought to call you,come get you,and drag you to the fest.if you don't come,i will mail you a big fart turd,once a week,for the next 30 years.

keister
03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Three months from today we will be pulling in to Haspin again. Had to bump the WILD HILL SAFARI thread. Who is ready?

Gag_Halfront
03-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Counting the days, bro. Not sure if I'll be climbing hills, but the blast through the woods sounds like a helluva good time.

brapp
04-30-2008, 11:47 AM
i will se ewhat i can do . and i'llbe there from tuesday and lookgin for the gnarley hills that the 520 can really shine. but i think i gotta tart cuttign and lengthes a swingarm lol