PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Natl Forest in Ohio

Turtle
04-18-2003, 12:55 PM
I live in Columbus and I'm looking to go to Wayne National Forest for a day. Anyone been there, reccomend any good places? Also do you need a Spark Arrestor? Do they check hard?

Howdy
04-18-2003, 01:08 PM
About 10 years ago a group of us went riding at Monday Creek. We stayed at Mercer Camp grounds and rode there. I have talked to a few people that have went in the past couple years and they said everything is checked. Some days they really check and others they don't.
There has been many efforts to close Wayne nation Forest to riding because of riders that didn't follow the rules. My personal opinion is if your going riding there follow the rules. I say this because if people don't follow the rules we could loose another riding place.

If you don't like the rules then drive Laurel, In and go to Haspin. They have a lot less rules because it's privately owned.
Just my 2 cents.
Howdy

Turtle
04-18-2003, 02:11 PM
I agree Howdy. Thanks.

TimSr
04-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Ive heard it was great riding, and would think so from where its located, but Ive not gone just for all the reasons mentioned. To get the stupid state sticker Id first have to get titles made for everything and then pay sales tax on them. From what Ive been told, they are sticklers about having the sticker and spark arrester, or any other "violation" that could be a potential source of revenue. You should try Wellsville. Same type of riding, but no hassles, and cheap ($8 a day).

Turtle
04-21-2003, 07:11 AM
Thanks Timsr. Where is Wellsville in relation to Columbus. Is there and address or name I could look up to do d map om Mapquest?

TimSr
04-21-2003, 09:01 AM
Wellsville is east of Columbus, right on the border of Pa, and WV. You can use mapquest and choose "driving directions" and just type in Wellsville, Oh as your destination. There are two different campgrounds/parking areas and they are located just off of route 39 just NW of route 7. One is called Oak Grove and the other is The Forbidden Zone. I have a mailing address of Box 7, Hammondsville, Oh 43930, phone 330-532-3687 for the latter one.