PDA

View Full Version : TF 07 Big Red / Utility Trial Event planning

atctim
01-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Hey all you Ute riders.....Got a Big Red, an SX, 225DX, or any other workhorse with electirc Start and reverse?? Ever feel left out at some of the TrikeFest Events? Well, here is you chance.

The first day I am at TrikeFest this year, I am heading out on Haspin Acres to set up a pretty short, very technical closed loop track. Creek Crossings, Log Hopping, Mud crossing, Technical off-camber trail layout, and the like.

The main objective is this - You'll start by standing by the time starter (your trike will be sitting near you, not running). When started, you'll run to your machine, start it up, run the short track 3 times, and at the end be required to back into a tight spot and park the machine (thus needing reverse). All of this will be timed. You'll be penalized 5 seconds anytime you put your foot down, get off your machine, or leave the marked track.

This will be a timed event. You will not be running against anyone else on the track at the same time. Best time wins. NOTE: this will be a very technical coarse - Mud and log hopping skills will help you alot. This will similar to a "trials contest".

This may be accompanied by other Ute Events, such as a pulling contest. We are in search of a small garden tractor pulling sled right now. If you know of anyone that has one that will let us use it, please let myself or FarmerC know. Other events may also be in the works. Hopefully, if there is enough interest, we may get our own timeslot at TF for this event. Post up your thoughts.

Also - we'll need a couple of spotters on the track to watch for penalizations, and to help aid in record keeping.

Inputs welcomed at this time!

Tri-ZNate
01-07-2007, 08:55 PM
That sounds like some great fun Tim. I'd be in for any and all of it

Chevy200s
01-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I think its a great idea! I just have a few questions, mainly can other utility types other than the ones mentioned be used? Such as a 200m, 125m, klt250 you know other working trikes that might not have rear suspension electric start or reverse? I would run the event on a trike without reverse even if it meant having to lose points for getting off to back it up. Plus I love riding in the mud and going over obstacles, I think this would be a lot of fun. I guess I'm just asking if I would be allowed to participate if I had a trike like the ones mentioned.

atctim
01-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't see why not.......

HerculesEngine
01-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I would be very interested in a 3 wheeler pull, however I know of no one with a sled

longbedGTs
01-10-2007, 12:31 PM
That is a GREAT idea! Though, as Chevy mentioned, not everyone has a ute with reverse. Id help in any way possible...as long as I could compete too!
My 84 200M would be my ride though there is no reverse and electric start is fubar(starter clutch bad). An idea: let all utes in with seperate classes for the 250s(would SX be included?) but make it maditory that the pull start be used no matter if it has electric start or not. For the 250s...manditory se of the kickstarter.
**best idea ever Tim!**

jason85atc250r
01-13-2007, 12:41 AM
real trials it's a point for each step with a max of 5 points. theres no time limit.

make it 5 seconds for each foot down. max of 5 feet down for 25 seconds

maybe make a seperate no reverse class for the 200s and stuff without.

atctim
01-13-2007, 12:10 PM
After reading ,much of the input - here is my concern......this class is really designed for Big Red's, SX's and Some Yammi Shaft / Electric Start / Reverse models. If we get enough input from riders on 200S - YTM200 - ATC185S and the like (no reverse - no electric start), we could have a separate class for this. Otherwise, at the end of the coarse, there will be a penalty for getting off and pushing it backwards into the designated parking spot / Finish Line.

Let's get some confirmations on who you are, what you ride, and if you are definatly going to compete.

Chevy200s
01-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Well I know that if allowed to compete I would be running either my 200s or 125m, but I wouldnt mind at all if I had to lose points or get a time penalty for getting off the trike to push it backwards. Separate classes could work, but thats up to you guys that are planning and running the event, I wouldnt want to make any more unnecesarry work for anyone. Also let me know if you need any help with this, I would more than happy to help run it or set it up. and hey who knows, I might even have a big red or two by the time trikefest rolls around:w00t: :w00t:

TravEX
01-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Great idea! I was kinda ruleing out coming because I got rid of my 250R, but now I GOTTA come! Sounds like it will be a blast, and I know it will be well thought out. The sled pull is a great idea too! Are you looking at maybe a sliding weight sled?

Travis

bkipker2009
01-15-2007, 09:23 PM
just an ida what about the 200sx 4 wheeler and such atvs

Tri-ZNate
01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey tim,

Nate Carey/ 1985 250sx/ I'm in

And IMO have a set penelty of 10 seconds for pushing the trikes in and let 'em compete. Four wheelers are :banned: because :TrikesOwn

Dads
01-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Let the no reverse run too. It will just take more time to pull your trike into the parking spot. so you have to make better time on the track.

If you going to do pulls. Let me know I have a drag noise plate I can set up and bring.

atctim
01-16-2007, 04:30 PM
If you going to do pulls. Let me know I have a drag noise plate I can set up and bring.

Hey Dads - what is this? Is it like a sled or what??? Please let me know.

THanks

Also - quads can run the coarse after the trikes all compete for time. This will work like trike drags or trike MX - I'm not gonna stop anyone from riding their quads on this coarse, but just no when the 3 wheeler compititions are going on.

Dusty
01-16-2007, 06:07 PM
hey tim this sounds like a hole lot of fun......cant wait....

Dads
01-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Prob. the same as the sled. It was a rock drag. You rolled the rock on and dragged it off. I just have to bolt on 2x6x? to length you need. It's about as wide as a wheeler.

TravEX
01-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I thought of something after flipping through an old Dirt Wheels yesterday. Maybe a skills part of the course at the end. Have a trailer loaded with about 100 lbs of stuff. Stop and hook up to the trailer, and navigate through some cones or obstacles, and back the trailer up between 2 trees or something before you can unhook from it and continue the course. Maybe knock off points or time for obstacles hit, and attempts to back the trailer up in the correct location. Just a thought?

I'm still stoked about the challenge. I'm even looking for another Big Red to bring just for that.

Travis

Tri-ZNate
01-28-2007, 10:12 AM
if we do that I'll have to throw my hitch on, but what I was thinking about was a obsticle course where you roll a 55 gal drum through some cones. We did it at our last poker run and it was alot of fun, just a timed event. Trikes own at it BTW.

sandpuppi101
01-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey Tim sound like your in charge on this one,Here's a suggestion... Have the course split,and run the event with teams..have the guys with the 110's..125M's ...185S's ...200's..and like machines without reverse,start the course and give them ,obsticles that don't require reverse,give them a batton or something that they have to hand to another person ,which has a machine with reverse and have them do obsticals with reverse ,that way everyone can get involved more easily..When you sign up you can put reverse machines in one hat and non-reverse in another ,thus make a team.. Just a thought!!!

TimSr
01-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey Tim, First Id like to commend you for taking on the task of setting this up. We frequently are bombarded for requests that our tiny overworked staff should setup and operate additional events that tend to get more complicated every year. I appreciate teh fact that you are not an "armchair planner"!
My only advice is to start out keeping it as uncomplicated and simple as possible, esepcially the first year, and then polish it with improvements from year to year as you begin to see what works and what does not.
I realize its a utility designed event and would not expect a custom set of rules to cater to me should I choose a non-utility type machine with which to run. Im sure Id be at a disadvantage with my ALT125, but who cares? Im in for fun!

Derrick Adams
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Yeah, it seems I may have a KLT160 coming my way in the near future and it does have Reverse!

TravEX
01-28-2007, 09:06 PM
I can gladly come up a day early to help with the setup.

erectordale
01-29-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm in 250sx or big red either 1

Chevy200s
01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm in with either a 200s, 125m, klt110, and likely to get a 250es in the future, either way I'm in. Also, I will be there a few days early and would be more than happy to help set things up, just let me know!:Bounce :beer :w00t:

atctim
01-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Tenative Day and Time for this event will be:

Thursday afternoon - 1PM - meet at the Drag Strip tower - we'll head out from there. Please be there a little early as we will be leaving the tower at 1PM sharp - be there at least 15 minutes early. I'll have a sign up sheet in the pavilion to pre register for event, as well as a meeting place sign at the drag tower.

Kintore
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey tim, even if we dont have machine to compete on. Can we come and watch? like meet at the tower and cruise over? Hell I can help with judgeing if need be.

atctim
01-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Yes - Please, everyone is welcome to come out and watch. - the more spectators and scorers, the better. It should prove to be a very entertaining event!!!!!!

max
01-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Nice work Tim. You can mark me down as a spotter !!!!.:drool:

sandpuppi101
01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I'll be there to do whatever also,I would like to compete also but I will help!! Just let me know!!

atctim
01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Sandpuppi101 Spotters will all be able to compete.
Max - Gotcha - thanks man!

Sounds like we'll have a pretty good turn out. I am going to go ahead and make up a list of rules and post 'em up!

brapp
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
count me in also. and we have used an old truck hood and cinderblocks for the pulling events here localy. just need about 6 guys to load the sled .as its moving. btu also count me in for iton either one fo the sx;s or the 200e not sure yet what all i am bringing.lol it should be about the same as last year.but should be a blast and make sure you ahve some sort of tecnical hill climb and i have caution tape and smallplastic jars to use to mark bountries. i am definitly game to help set up also. i am goign to try to coem out on monday or tuesday for sure!