PDA

View Full Version : atc200x frame/Blaster engine

fixeruper
01-12-2007, 01:33 AM
Has anyone every tried or heard of anyone trying to mount a yamaha blaster motor in a Honda 200x frame? I know I could just buy a 250r but I want a project, and I already have a 200x. Please reply if you have ANY information!:TrikesOwn

SYKO
01-12-2007, 10:09 AM
hey welcome aboard man!!! I think I heard of a blaster motor being done in a atc, not sure wich one though, it would best be suited to a 200x frame, and in all actuality may work nice!! all it would require is some time and effort, the only forseable problem would be the pipe as to make the balster fit (and its much shorter in length and hight) to the 200x motor, it would have to be set all the way back to make the chain setup work correctly, only to the frame in the way to mount the expansion chamber, so some fab would have to be done to make it work, and you would have to eliminate that stupid tors system, and ditch the 200x wiring and put all blaster stuf in, so not only would you need a complete motor but all the wiring, and carb, oh and speaking of carb, there may be no room to mount a carb once you get the motor in, hell even the stock 200x carb is a tight fit, dont count all your chickens before they hatch!!

fixeruper
01-12-2007, 05:38 PM
you got a complete carb for a 83-85 200x? I can't get mine to run right. I took off the carb to change the main jet, and it hasn't been the same since. A complete carb would be awesome. Also, any rear fenders? Front sprocket covers?

SYKO
01-12-2007, 07:04 PM
pm sent homie!

daputz
01-12-2007, 07:31 PM
The blaster engine will fit the 200x engine compartment with plenty of room to spare.
The only issue I personally see is the rear engine mount...................not sure on the 200x, but the blaster uses the front pivot bolt from the swingarm. As far as carb, a stock blaster will run anywhere from the stock 26mm to a 250r 34mm pj (rejet to conditions). There are many pipes available and even custom pipes are not that expensive.